Out with old in with the new

PonyLance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium Convertible
please tell me you did not get rid of that red vert for the new vert? Still have both, right? Right?!?
Sold the red vert. Got tired of working on it all the time and looking for parts all the time too. Getting older and just wanted a "turn key" toy.
Sponsored

jamus34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mach 1 (on order)
Brother from another mother. At first I thought yours was the same Shadow Black as mine, then saw it at a different angle and noticed the purple. Nice!

One off-the-wall question: does yours have the insulation cover on the underside of the hood? Mine doesn't, and I'm playing hell trying to get the dealer to get one ordered and installed. If yours does have it, then that's another data point for me to reference.
Is ford build quality really that bad that they miss an under hood heat shield?
Really hoping for the best with my M1.

OP
OP
Mojo9691

Mojo9691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT/CS - Mischievous Purple
Which is the new one?
The Triple-Yellow one is a 2015 Eco-Boost 50th Anniversary the Mischievous Purple is a 2022 GT/CS

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Nice rare 50th! Enjoy the new one.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Apparently so. Mine definitely doesn't have it, and it didn't have it driving it off the lot (though I didn't notice until later, after reading a thread about people who were considering removing it).

Sponsored

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
Yep, you have yours, thanks. Now I'm pretty certain either the dealer took it off for some reason or the factory neglected to put it on. Grrrr...

Is this hood under-blanket a Mustang thing too ??It has been a Super Duty issue on-and-off for twenty years.
I am pro blanket in the belief that it insulates the hood from engine heat protecting the paint finish.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It’s not necessarily build quality…. They can and do change up builds at any point during assembly. It’s been known that Ford will delete certain components during a mid-year assembly run to save $$ on THEIR costs.

There’s also been a few Ford SSM’s for other products where the hood insulator was a delete and is no longer included with the vehicle; SSM even states it’s “not an error” and is not to be covered under any warranty request.

I have not followed the SSM’s recently, so I’m not sure if there is a recent one for the S550 or not.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
It’s not necessarily build quality…. They can and do change up builds at any point during assembly. It’s been known that Ford will delete certain components during a mid-year assembly run to save $$ on THEIR costs.

There’s also been a few Ford SSM’s for other products where the hood insulator was a delete and is no longer included with the vehicle; SSM even states it’s “not an error” and is not to be covered under any warranty request.

I have not followed the SSM’s recently, so I’m not sure if there is a recent one for the S550 or not.
Is there a way to read these SSM's (whatever they are) to see if it explains my situation? I know of a couple of other 2022 California Specials sold within a couple of months of mine, before and after, that had the insulation. I know that doesn't necessarily indicate when they were made, but still.

It's just frustrating. And the dealer has disappeared.

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
I too would be interested in seeing these SSMs, are they available for viewing outside of FoMoCo?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's just frustrating. And the dealer has disappeared.
What exactly does this mean? I’d bet a six pack that the dealer needed the blanket for another car, couldn’t get one, and took yours. Now as CJ said, it could be Ford but I’d bet against it.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Great color!

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
What exactly does this mean? I’d bet a six pack that the dealer needed the blanket for another car, couldn’t get one, and took yours. Now as CJ said, it could be Ford but I’d bet against it.
I mean, the dealer has said they'd order it, but it's been weeks. Maybe that's just how long it takes, I have no idea.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Or Months…..like everything else.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I mean, the dealer has said they'd order it, but it's been weeks. Maybe that's just how long it takes, I have no idea.
OK, that's better. It sounded like they just blew you off. Maybe reach out to Benny at Levittown Ford to check stock status. It may be backordered.
Sponsored