Sponsored

Our 2015 Mustang Preview Derived From CAD Designs

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
I don't unerstand why people conclude thst a vent behind the front wheel is associated with a car's braking. Vents mounted behind the wheels are there to reduce Under Hood Air Pressure and Extract Heat from the Engine Bay. They have nothing to do with Brake Cooling. Brake Cooling Ducts for the front wheels are typically mounted in the outboard corners of lower front valance, where the Fog Lights are being mounted on the 2015 Mustang. Typically a Duct is routed from that opening to the inboard side of the wheel where the Cooler Air is Forced Through the Wheel, Across the Brakes and is then Exits through the Open Spokes of the Wheel. This is also where the Mustang's "C Scoop/Hockey Stick" and the Upper Quarter Panel Scoop on the 69 Fastback came from. It was designed to Emulate Rear Brake Ducts seen on European Sports Cars which used the same principal. Sadly they were all just for styling purposes on the Mustang.
While it is wishful thinking, it would be awesome if Ford would make those functional for diff and trans coolers and maybe a small duct to the rear brakes if they ever had them as an option on the S550. It would have a home on the future track oriented variant too...
Sponsored

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Hopefully it is like the new vette, and looks a lot better in person....IMO just by judging it off the render, I do not like it at all.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Hopefully it is like the new vette, and looks a lot better in person....IMO just by judging it off the render, I do not like it at all.
I finally saw the new vette today at a local cars and coffee. In fact two of them. It's a great looking car in person!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' GT500
Personally I think the Vette is a great design and I admire the designers for going bold, even tho they knew darn well that lot's of purists were going to get their panties in a bunch (exactly what happened).

Still unmistakeably a Vette, yet pushing the boundaries. I look forward to seeing the ZR1 variant as they usually get good body upgrades.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
It is interesting to note that the Mustang has had the C or upturned hockey stick as a design element for 30 years of its 50 year run. It was of course absent during the Fox body years of '79-'93, as well as from '69-'73. Every other model year has had it. For me personally it is one of the key design elements that just says "Mustang". In my opinion, the styling of the 2015 just falls a little flat without it. For this reason, I hope it is included in some form in the real design.
69 fastback had it just behind the door handle, high on the rear fender. Coupes & verts had a version too. The foxbody GTs (not the four eyes) also had the scoops just in front of each of the wheels, front & rear. One could even argue that the SVO also had it in the panel just behind the side windows.

Sponsored

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
Way better than I had first imagined,can hardly wait to see the SVT variant

Five.Point.Oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition V8 4x4
On the new yellow rendering of the rear end, the ripples on the tail lights make them look like those disposable red Solo cups... I really hope the final product does not have those ripples.

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
They're cool little character lines. Fluting like that is more akin to this:

than Solo(r) cups.
Sponsored