Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
We're thrilled to present to you the most life-like and accurate preview yet of the production base-model 2015 Mustang, skillfully rendered by Mustang6G resident artist, chazcron!

What makes these images different than any before it is that they are not the result of speculation, but refined from CAD images of the actual car, with our various spy photos used as a starting point. What you see here is a digitally accurate preview of the base 2015 Mustang; and we think it's quite a looker.

The production front end design comes as no surprise as it was shown in unfinished form in these earlier spy photos. What's new however, is that we can now show an accurate preview of the production rear. The most distinguishing elements are the distinctive louvered tail lights and the triangular framed reverse/fog lights in the lower rear bumper. The new Mustang gets a sleeker overall silhouette with an angled fastback rear roofline which extends deep into the trunk lid and a slightly rounded rear valence to give the car a sportier appearance.

One design feature that is new to Mustangs and not yet reflected in this model is a shallow double-bubble roof that would only be slightly visible from these angles. This will be shown on renders to come. Overall, Ford designers have kept its restyled 50th Anniversary pony car quintessentially Mustang in looks, but breathed many modern elements into the new model.

When will we be able to see this render brought to life by Ford? Our sources have indicated that we will see the S550 in December with the car being teased in the next couple of months. So stay tuned Mustang fans, it's going to be an exciting end of the year!

Big thanks to chazcron for his amazing skill and hard work!
Sponsored

OKCfan

Oh nice! So realistic. Really like those louvred tail lights and how aggressive the rear diffuser is.

It's not as wild as lots of the renders but then again those were basically mostly based on someone's imagination and not actual designs. I could definitely live with this.

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
Wow these are awesome! Great job! One thing that confuses me is that JarStang makes this sound like this is the confirmed back end. I thought all of Chaz' renders were just based off of the spy photos and the back end was a guess based on what people described. Are these made with more information than his previous renders?

OKCfan

Wow these are awesome! Great job! One thing that confuses me is that JarStang makes this sound like this is the confirmed back end. I thought all of Chaz' renders were just based off of the spy photos and the back end was a guess based on what people described. Are these made with more information than his previous renders?
Read jarstang's text, this is the production rear end based on actual design files. :hail:

The more I look at this rear the more I like it... even more than the front.

Sponsored

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Read jarstang's text. Yea it sounds like this is based on actual design files. :hail:

Really liking the rear. More than the front even.
Yeah I read that, but then it sort of sounded like the CAD files were based off of the spy photos. So it is hard to tell if these are based off of new production CAD files, or if he is just trying to explain that the renders are based off of 3D models rather than just drawn. See the confusion?

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Wow, chazcron, you do amazing work -- that looks like a real car sitting there.

OKCfan

Yeah I read that, but then it sort of sounded like the CAD files were based off of the spy photos. So it is hard to tell if these are based off of new production CAD files, or if he is just trying to explain that the renders are based off of 3D models rather than just drawn. See the confusion?
Nope :) CAD files wouldn't be based off spy photos. CAD files are technically precise engineering images so they're talking about official design images of some kind.

GTsquid

Damn great job Chazcron! That was worth the wait. These are amazingly realistic, I thought I was looking at the real car for a sec.

Also..... December reveal? Much sooner than I expected but I hope you guys are right.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
They can be based off of CAD models, but he still most likely has to translate that to another media for this. I'm sure we'll find subtle differences between this and the finished product.

Sponsored

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Nope :) CAD files would not be based off spy photos. CAD files are technically precise engineering images so they're talking about official design images.
Ok cool, just didn't seem clear to me initially. Wonder how they managed to get those?

I wonder if they will blackout the back end like that or not on the production model?

Mriley

Hot damn you have some skills Chaz. These are truly beautiful renders!

Do you guys know if there's any appreciable design difference between the base model and the GT? I'd be curious if that grill gets those vertical bars we saw in the earlier spy photos.

Please tell it's there on at least one trim! :)

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Ok cool, just didn't seem clear to me initially. Wonder how they managed to get those?

I wonder if they will blackout the back end like that or not on the production model?
Plenty of suppliers have access to the Ford server that the components reside on. If you know how/where to look, it's not that hard to find.

Horsewhipped

Threads
Reaction score
I like everything except for the front end clip. Doesn't say Mustang to me. Wish Ford would go to a modified 65 mustang front clip.

groundnpounder

That looks truly real to life and I'm not disappointed at all by what I'm seeing.

Can't wait to see the version with the double-bubble roof. Will all the models get the double hump roof?
Sponsored