Sponsored

Our 2015 Mustang Preview Derived From CAD Designs

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aaaaa.jpg
Sponsored

GTsquid

I like everything except for the front end clip. Doesn't say Mustang to me. Wish Ford would go to a modified 65 mustang front clip.
Yea I have a feeling it will grow on people... this is just going to be one of those points that people will have to agree to disagree on IMO. Ever since those "face" pics came out, just nonstop debating over that front end......

Personally it has grown on me and I think it will look even better on the GT and up.

Leviathan

Threads
Reaction score
Well that settles the roof line debate. Happy to see the fastback profile and can't wait to see the double bubble in production form. Looks good for a base model especially!

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
This will have to grow on me...I'm not impressed.

I was expecting a more Drastic/Dramatic overhaul, especially for a 50th anniversary Icon know the world over...

Hopefully the real McCoy looks more aggressive than this vanilla rendering.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Real car is more svelte. Lower, slender and elegant. This has a "built on a S197" vibe to it. Nice job though. Ford may see this and counteract.

Sponsored

DIB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger
Nice work but so boring. More boring than the current car.

GTsquid

Nice work but so boring. More boring than the current car.
The current car's design evolution started in 2005. That's always how it works... first model year isn't going to be overly styled. They need room to grow it. Look at the 05 base... VERY plain if you ask me. IMO this is a big improvement from that. Much sleeker.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
Yeah, to be honest, I was hoping for something a little better. It seems way to bland to me. Some of the fan renders that have come out the past 1-2 years look better than this.

Sponsored

Maestro5.0

Yeah, to be honest, I was hoping for something a little better. It seems way to bland to me. Some of the fan renders that have come out the past 1-2 years look better than this.
Just another case of unrealistic fan renders run amok that has skewed many people's perception of reality. We've seen S550 renders based off of ferraris for christ sakes, what were they thinking?

This render, while pretty basic, is at least based in reality. For a base car, it's not bad at all IMO. and the quality of the render is just amazing.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
I am liking the rear end, but that front just does not say "race car" to me.

I have been in love with Mustangs ever since seeing two GT350s duking it out all alone at the front of the pack at Mosport in 65. My favorite Mustangs ever since have been those that look their best in race livery.

So far this Mustang looks more like a boulevard car.

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Getting crushed with actual work here at work.(ha) So new renders won't happen today.

Thanks, guys. And sorry to those who are not impressed with Ford's new design. Just remember, these renders are my impression and interpretation of the materials I had. I'm sure I got some things a little off. Some more than others. Believe me, if any angle or crease is off just a tiny bit, it throws off the whole gestalt. The real car will obviously be even more refined and pleasing.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Just another case of unrealistic fan renders run amok that has skewed many people's perception of reality. We've seen S550 renders based off of ferraris for christ sakes, what were they thinking?

This render, while pretty basic, is at least based in reality. For a base car, it's not bad at all IMO. and the quality of the render is just amazing.
It has nothing to do with renders run amok. There were crazy renders in 2003/2004, and in 2009.

It has everything to do with the car taking on a corporate look, and based on the models, looking like a warmed over S197. MOST people were expecting a bigger change than this for the 50th.

It is going to change when we see the real thing, like chazcron said. For me, if it looks like this, I won't buy it.
Sponsored