Focustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Man enough with the Accord references already, hasn't this been beaten to death already?

What if it looked like this?

Then it would have way too much side glass, and still not enough vertical on the implied side scoop.
Sponsored

mitchell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
There's not going to be a side scoop, implied or not.

Not sure why the change to the quarter window was done like that but chazcron had it right. This does NOT look like an Accord.

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)

Not sure why the change to the quarter window was done like that but chazcron had it right. This does NOT look like an Accord.
I did that as a potential body kit option -- ala Saleen, circa 2000. It was not meant to be a speculation on the production car.

Focustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

The Chaz rendering looks enough like an Accord that such commentary is everywhere. The proportions aren't Accord, but several elements are.

Rob

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Chazcron

Just a suggestion. There are two crease lines along the side of the car, one at the door handle height and one near the bottom. Connect them. Connect the two just between the door and the rear wheel. Note the red Mustang that Rampant has posted above. That connecting crease is a common theme in the Mustang body design over the years.

Sponsored

mister.peabodyjunior

Threads
Reaction score
Chazcron

Just a suggestion. There are two crease lines along the side of the car, one at the door handle height and one near the bottom. Connect them. Connect the two just between the door and the rear wheel. Note the red Mustang that Rampant has posted above. That connecting crease is a common theme in the Mustang body design over the years.
Don't.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Lol that accord looks exactly like that mustang! They have windows, headlights, and they are both red! /sarcasm. Did the three year old kid test and he picked the mustang without hesitation and it's a render.

uh-oh

aBROham lincoln
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has four wheels.
Maybe I'm just hoping too much that even though it's going global, it'll still be distinctivel "mustang". It looks too homogenised, like every car on the road nowadays that looks like every other car on the road. I see a Passat in my rearview and I can't tell if it's a Camry or an Impala.
Every of the previous five generations was distinct, there was no mistaking a mustang for something else.
I'm not saying not to update it, but it should look distinctive and daring. The camaro sells on looks alone.
Maybe i'm too old and crotchety. >:-(

Sponsored

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
I definitely believe that when you see the car, you will know its a Mustang.

The people that designed this cars aren't just some yahoos from the design pool throwing together design cues. These are the "True Believers" (a term coined by Autoextremist.com) in Ford. They are as passionate about the Mustang as anyone here on this forum and will protect it's reputation at all costs. They have spent years designing this. I'm sure they've had all the same arguments that we have about "What is a Mustang"? and "How do we express that in a modern, forward looking design"?

But I'm with you, I want the first impression to be "That's a sexy car!"

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' GT500
^^^ But don't the bean counters nix quite a bit before things get into production?

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Definitely, but looking at other designs from Ford, affordability and profitability doesn't have to mean bland.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Maybe I'm just hoping too much that even though it's going global, it'll still be distinctivel "mustang". It looks too homogenised, like every car on the road nowadays that looks like every other car on the road. ...
Every of the previous five generations was distinct, there was no mistaking a mustang for something else.
I'm not saying not to update it, but it should look distinctive and daring. ....
From one crotchety old guy to another, let me offer you this walk through history.

These are all of the 'main' Mustang designs.
2015-mustang-3.jpg

2015-mustang-4.jpg

2015-mustang-5.jpg

Please don't hate me II and Fox fans.
2015-mustang-6.jpg

2015-mustang-7.jpg

2015-mustang-8.jpg

2015-mustang-9.jpg

Which ones would you say look more distinctive as a Mustang and more daring than this one?
2015-mustang-10.jpg

Maybe the first one?

I would suggest that there is only one that would be a candidate for a major car design award for any car, pony car or otherwise.
65 mustang.jpg
69 Mustang.jpg
71 Mustang 2.jpg
94 mustang 2.jpg
99 Mustang.jpg
05 Mustang.jpg
13 mustang.jpg
2015 Mustang.jpg

cjstangman

Threads
Reaction score
I figured it out! You are missing the bevel around the grille. The creases on your model are too sharp. See?
attachment.jpg
Sponsored