Sponsored

Other than BULLITT, what other Movie/TV car would you want to own?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Being a kid growing up in the early 70’s and watching a lot of the “pre-cable” TV network shows, I was always watching the (then) off-the-wall shows, such as:

Sanford and Son
What’s Happening!!
The Three Stooges
The Jeffersons
Adam 12
Emergency!
The Little Rascals
Kojack
Starsky & Hutch
Hawaii Five-O
Good Times
Diff’rent Strokes
Mork & Mindy
All in the Family
Dukes of Hazzard
My Favorite Martian
Munsters
Adams Family
Happy Days
Laverne & Shirley
The A-Team
The Beverly Hillbillies
Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
The Jetsons
WKRP in Cincinnati
Hogan’s Heroes
Fantasy Island
The Monkees
Knight Rider

Some of these shows as we car gurus know, had their fair share of “TV/Movie” cars that either had a starring role, or had an “appearance” at any point in the show, but it was always recognized or tied to the show.

I always liked Sanford and Son; Redd Foxx was hilarious and the entire cast was funny as shit!!! I always remembered the opening theme song (even have it in my iTunes song list) and seeing Lamont driving the old 51 F1 faded red pickup truck down the road to their salvage yard.

Of course as years go by, folks forget about those shows and vehicles. I always wondered what happened to that F1. I researched it years ago and found that it was located and a couple bought the truck to restore. The couple had posted on the Ford Truck forums pics of their findings and proposed restoration thoughts.

As noted above, I forgot about it and a few more years have now passed leading us to this thread - where I decided to Google it again see what progress was made on the old F1....

Well, come to find out, it was listed on eBay and it sold back in 2014 for $28k. Two guys who are also Sanford and Son fans and own a Classic Car Dealership actually were the lucky buyers. They have kept the truck exactly as it was when it was on the sitcom (with the exceptions of maintenance and reliability improvements)! They also tour the US with the truck and have been able to procure signatures from remaining cast members!! Really awesome!

If any of you are Sanford and Son fans AND live in OHIO, that is where the old F1 resides and is on display!!!
https://www.bluelineclassics.com/sanford-son-truck

So, now that the original Bullitt has come out of hiding - besides everyone wanting to own that Movie car - which TV/Movie Car has been on your list to find or if you could own it??
Sponsored

TurboMetal

Deadlift or Die.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0
My favorite movie car is Mad Max's 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT. Someday I hope to get a classic car and give it a mad max style look. Maybe if I win the powerball I can get the actual car!

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Get Smart - Sunbeam Tiger. Hi-Po 289 in that small car is basically a mini-Cobra.

Batmobile, just because.

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
Any of the Aston Martin cars from any of the bond movies. Also, the Aston Martin Vulcan that was on Grand Tour that Jeremy drove.

The Diesel Brothers have had a few trucks that I really like to have won in their giveaways.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Always loved Magnum PI's 308 GTS. I watched the show just for the car because back then in my neck of the woods you'd never see anything more exotic than a Camaro.... maybe a Corvette once a year.

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I liked the Mustang in Need for Speed. The rest of the movie was pretty bad, but the car was cool.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am
Magnum P.I Ferrari 308 GTS
Miami Vice Ferrari Testarossa

Last edited:

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
The blue Cobra from The Gumball Ralley

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I always wanted Airwolf.... hell with traffic.

Would take a plane from Baa Baa Black Sheep before Airwolf came out... although Firefox was tempting....

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Walt Kowalski’s ‘72 Gran Torino Sport.