PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
An amazing person.

This is worth watching.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/afasterhorse

Many great minds came from the Dayton area. Spent a lot of time there working for NCR in the 70's and 80's
What a Mustang legend and iconic figure who worked for the Ford Motor Company for 4 decades that we lost yesterday as it really hit home with me as a long time Mustang enthusiast.

Beyond being the chief designer for the original Mustang he was also a design executive for Ford and once he retired he turned his barn and property into a museum which I have only seen pictures of but his museum looks simply outstanding based on what I could see and hope that I can still see it before my time is up.

I had the privilege of meeting Mr. Halderman at an MCA National Car Show in Ohio many years and a was immediately struck by his humility, sincerity and his thoughtfulness when speaking to me and many other Pony Car enthusiasts about all things Mustang.

Based on Mr. Halderman being a legend with respect to all things Mustang along with being a long time executive at Ford I was blown away by his continued passion for Mustang after all of these years but most importantly how gracious, humble and kind he was during our short time together and that is something that I will never forget.

:like:

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Would have been great to have met him. .May he rest in peace. The legend he created will certainly continue to live.

Sponsored

ponyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2012 MCA Mustang
I had the pleasure of meeting Gale twice at his Barn Museum in Tipp City, Ohio. He was a wealth of knowledge concerning all things Ford. I found out that the Barn Museum will remain open to special events by car groups. It is a very interesting place to tour, having many of Gale's original drawings of his designs. Gale signed both of my Mustangs last year. Rest in Peace Gale.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
"He was preceded in death in 2013 by his wife of 60 years, Barbara Senter Halderman; an infant son; and a daughter."

It's sad that he lost an infant son AND at some point a daughter. Then eventually his wife of 60 years. That's a lot of heartbreak to live through. May he rest in peace.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
He had a book published about his work a bit over a year ago. It's a very interesting read about the inside working of what he experienced.
John and Jenny Clor were kind enough to send me these not long before his passing.
49847780582_e7a2c1c124_w.jpg

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
"He was preceded in death in 2013 by his wife of 60 years, Barbara Senter Halderman; an infant son; and a daughter."

It's sad that he lost an infant son AND at some point a daughter. Then eventually his wife of 60 years. That's a lot of heartbreak to live through. May he rest in peace.
that seems to be the things that always stick out to me in obituaries as well, the lifelong heartbreak that someone endured and yet found a way to still live an incredible life.
Sponsored