Sponsored

ordering my car now help me pick the color!!

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Atlas Blue vs Velocity Blue

Grabber Blue Metallic very different and surely very close to previous shade of Grabber Blue documented in the Photos Thread here on the site.

Grabber Blue Metallic
Sponsored

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
Originally was planning to go with rapid red cos my last 2 stangs were ruby and redfire and I like that color a lot

but now I'm thinking velocity blue would be sexy af

not really a fan of black and white, feel they are too plain for a car like this

silver and gray look better on benzes i feel

antimatter blue looks too black in most lightning conditions

yellow and orange are too loud imo

so i guess it's like the matrix, red or blue?

Maybe you can convince me to get another color? I am easily swayed by advice from people on forums
How were you able to order? I don't see 2022 for build on website

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Ordering banks are open via the dealers, they have the 22 ordering guide and its posted here on the site.

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
Ordering banks are open via the dealers, they have the 22 ordering guide and its posted here on the site.
Thanks, I would rather play with a build online before sitting in a sales chair. I have seen issues where certain options did not show in their system.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks, I would rather play with a build online before sitting in a sales chair. I have seen issues where certain options did not show in their system.
We’ll hang on them. The 2022 online update will be here sometime next year.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I’m sorry, but I held off as long as I could.

Let me get this right. You’re buying a car for yourself, spending your money, but you need others to tell you what color you like? I find that incredible.

Out of curiosity, if you’re married could you give us an overview of how you picked your wife?

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Originally was planning to go with rapid red cos my last 2 stangs were ruby and redfire and I like that color a lot

but now I'm thinking velocity blue would be sexy af

not really a fan of black and white, feel they are too plain for a car like this

silver and gray look better on benzes i feel

antimatter blue looks too black in most lightning conditions

yellow and orange are too loud imo

so i guess it's like the matrix, red or blue?

Maybe you can convince me to get another color? I am easily swayed by advice from people on forums
Get the velocity blue!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I’m sorry, but I held off as long as I could.

Let me get this right. You’re buying a car for yourself, spending your money, but you need others to tell you what color you like? I find that incredible.

Out of curiosity, if you’re married could you give us an overview of how you picked your wife?
@Zent has been talking about getting a new car since his first post. I’m not sure but it appears he likes to ask questions. Who knows maybe he will buy a car in the future. His questions do make for interesting conversation.

Sponsored

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
I am pretty easily swayed

I LOVE velocity blue sadly it's not here in 2022, is grabber blue the closest?

I am strongly considerig going grabber now. tbh not really a fan of the green.

Atlas blue is also very enticing. Atlas blue looks how antimatter blue should have looked right?

In fords site antimatter blue looks like a nice dark blue, but in person its pretty much black

But i assume atlas blue will look nice in person?

Velocity blue is PERFECT, but sadly i feel grabber blue is too light blue

edit: after looking at 2 videos i think i prefer atlas over grabber
If you're getting a 2022, I'd get grabber blue. If I had been patient enough to wait for a 2022, I would have gone with grabber blue. I really love the bright colors. But go with what you want. I do agree velocity blue is perfect..but I'm biased haha...I think velocity blue can look more atlas or grabber shades depending on the lighting.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
If you're getting a 2022, I'd get grabber blue. If I had been patient enough to wait for a 2022, I would have gone with grabber blue. I really love the bright colors. But go with what you want. I do agree velocity blue is perfect..but I'm biased haha...I think velocity blue can look more atlas or grabber shades depending on the lighting.
As time passes I also wonder if waiting for the 2022 to be ordered would have been a better choice as I could have gotten a great price on the 2022. Two years from now when this supply crap is over I wonder how much more the 2022 will be worth. Due to this market I paid close to what a 2022 would cost for the 2020, but I also got a crazy trade value on my trade that I will not get in two years.

I have really grown to like the Grabber Lime more and more and am surprised by the amount of compliments I get on the color. Parking it alongside a new car on the lot nobody could tell that its used, the original owner took great care and the car only have 4200 miles on it.

IfI were to order a 2022 it would have been Atlas or Grabber Blue…but then there’s the Eruption Green too

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Anything with metallic flake in it will "pop" in sunlight and will also do the same under certain night lighting conditions. Metallic flake colors will also have different hues in daylight making it appear as if the color has depth to it, which adds to the "pop".

Solid colors w/o metallic flake just don't pop. Sure some solid colors can be vibrant in daylight, but they just don't have that "wow" factor IF that is what you're looking for in a paint color.

You definitely can't choose colors based on online pictures or color charts alone, because everyone has different mobile devices, different computers with different monitors, with different display settings as well as different eyeballs in their heads... So what may look great to me, may suck for someone else. Hit up any Ford lots and go looking at the colors in daylight. It doesn't have to be just S550's, because Ford uses the same paint/pigment across their entire line and just changes the name if that paint is on "Model XYZ"... you'll get an idea of what the paint actually looks like in person.

One other thing too - certain paint colors make the S550 body lines more pronounced if that is something you're after.

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
As time passes I also wonder if waiting for the 2022 to be ordered would have been a better choice as I could have gotten a great price on the 2022. Two years from now when this supply crap is over I wonder how much more the 2022 will be worth. Due to this market I paid close to what a 2022 would cost for the 2020, but I also got a crazy trade value on my trade that I will not get in two years.

I have really grown to like the Grabber Lime more and more and am surprised by the amount of compliments I get on the color. Parking it alongside a new car on the lot nobody could tell that its used, the original owner took great care and the car only have 4200 miles on it.

IfI were to order a 2022 it would have been Atlas or Grabber Blue…but then there’s the Eruption Green too
Yup, you got great taste lol I really love those bright colors! Love the Twister orange, grabber lime, blue and yellows. Wanted grabber blue, getting velocity blue was the next best color. I couldn't find velocity blue anywhere near me..only blacks, silvers, and whites..eh boring lol so I factory ordered and it took almost 3 months..then I found out the 2022 line up included grabber blue and I was like "oh man...." lol but that 3 month wait was torture and couldn't see myself waiting another couple of months.
Sponsored