Sponsored

Ordering Guide - 2015-2016 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Sorry Recaros does not make adjustable head restraints or heated/cooled for Mustang...yet
Sponsored

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Sorry Recaros does not make adjustable head restraints or heated/cooled for Mustang...yet

I don't understand putting regular seats into a track friendly car...unless ford is going to bolster the seats a bit more than the ones in the premium stand trim. Then again, I've heard several people on the normal threads they say the regular seats are pretty darn good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I'm pretty bummed. The options seem backwards in a way.

You can get a GT350R with the luxury items added back in (by getting the Electronics Package).

But on the regular GT350 you can get either the Tech Pack (which gets rid of the track stuff), or the track pack (which gets rid of the Tech stuff). So if you want the track pack you are stuck with the base interior. Very annoying!

They need to make the Electronics Package available on the regular GT350 as well.

I'd even spring for the GT350R, but I need the back seats, so I can't go that route either. Really strange that after all of the talk about taking out weight on the GT350R, they'll let you add it back in on that one but not on the GT350. Maybe ford will come to their senses and change this around a bit.

I definitely want the cooling, but also want the damn touchscreen radio. Decisions, decisions. I wonder if the various coolers will be available through Ford Racing parts.

-T
I'm in the same boat, wanting the amenities of the tech pack along with the coolers of the track pack. It's a shame you can't get both.

I need the rear seats so I can take my family for a drive, which makes the GT350R less desirable to me. Part of me wonders if it would just be easier to add the rear seats back to an R with the Electronics Package, but I also thought I read where that one will be limited production, which translates into "huge ADM + limited availability = unobtainium"
Agree with you guys. I'm hoping Ford reads this thread and makes some changes to the packaging. There is more than enough time.

FPC GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350... Soon
Question... I understand why they do packages so it's easier for assembly, but why not make options individual? I can understand a dealer ordering the car with packages. As a customer I want the option to individualize my car with things that will work for me. Like a GT350R I want regular iron brake rotors, AC, and, radio; It's a speciality car why not let the consumer make it special for themselves. Ford probably won't hear these sentiments, but as days draw closer to the release I'm reevaluating my vehicle options because of these things.

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
It still goes down the same line I believe. It's not a coach built car, just limited volume.

So for the plant to customize a car to everyone's individual options preferences adds to time and money to build the car.

Sponsored

SeventhWard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SeventhWard
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT
What....no auto?

Only kidding.

-SeventhWard

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
It looks like the Audio System is a standard option on the GT350. You simply don't get a 7th speaker or Sirius Radio, likely the subwoofer mounted in the trunk, which most of us wind up ditching for something better anyway. And you don't get the Navigation option. There is a 4inch LCD panel on the center stack, which is likely for the track apps and on screen status and controls for the SYNC options that are also standard equipment.

It would appear that getting the 60T Track Package option gets the base GT350 close to the GT350r in terms of handling and cooling aids for the oil and better performance damping springs in the front.

My guess is if you opt for the 67T Tech package you're ditching the Recaro's for the premium package 6way leather seats, I have these now in my GT Premium and you get dual zone climate control with heated seating and an additional USB port(big Woop), not a real biggie to lose these. The boner move FoMoCo did was taking the Sirius Satellite radio option out of the standard options. What friggin radio in a top end vehicle doesn't come with Sirius anymore???

What would be nice if there was an appearance option to delete or add the Carbon Fiber Wheels and the Spoilers between both levels.

But the logic still puzzles me. Aside from the Wheels, Brakes, Splitter, and Wing.... which are all Carbonized. They are charging me more to remove the standard amenities??? If they offered me this car without the Carbon Bits. But still Basically an "R" package... are they still expecting to charge more for deleting things? It would cost me nothing to delete those items myself from a base GT350.

Just seems so counter intuitive

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
Re the Leather seats, I am sure the seats will be "Upbolstered versus the GT premium....Which are quite good. The 500's have the same upgrade from premium.

sunburned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 WK2
not sure where this leaked from? its not on our dealer site?
Apparently nobody on this site took two seconds to think "maybe this order guide is totally bogus"?

Way too many weird entries on there, no way this is real. I haven't seen carbon ceramic brakes mentioned in any article about the GT350 or the R, and no way in hell they will only run them on the front.

Also, what other order guide mentions certain details about the engine options?? I'm sure Ford isn't putting "with flat plane crank" on their paperwork because everyone knows the 5.2L V8 has one.

:crazy:

FPC GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350... Soon
I'm just saying have individual options as well. I don't want to foot a $1k+ CC rotor when it needs to be changed.

Sponsored

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Apparently nobody on this site took two seconds to think "maybe this order guide is totally bogus"?

Way too many weird entries on there, no way this is real. I haven't seen carbon ceramic brakes mentioned in any article about the GT350 or the R, and no way in hell they will only run them on the front.

Also, what other order guide mentions certain details about the engine options?? I'm sure Ford isn't putting "with flat plane crank" on their paperwork because everyone knows the 5.2L V8 has one.

:crazy:
So it is bogus because they put "with flat plane crank" on it?:crazy:

They have that on just about all of the info on the 5.2L including the engine pics from the show.

GallopingFord is a dealer on here and other forums is the one that posted the pricing info for the 15. AFAIK he has a good reputation, I doubt he would troll everyone here with a fake guide.

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I'm just saying have individual options as well. I don't want to foot a $1k+ CC rotor when it needs to be changed.
I hear you but that's just how packaging works in this day and age and this isn't a 100K+ car after all.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
If I go for the GT350, then Track Pkg and Painted Black Roof options for me... if the R then I'd add the Elect Pkg. How soon can we order? I'm impatient... :D

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Also the liquid blue paint is not listed? They showcased the cars with this paint on it...So my guess is this order sheet might change before the end of 2015 as the cars come closer to actual release..

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
My dealer is telling me that pre-orders will likely start in July for delivery in September-October????
Sponsored