Sponsored

Ordering a new car. If you could have either the B&O stereo or active exhaust?

J-orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT vert
When i was looking for a used '19 convertible... my absolute haves were Color choice, 401A, and active exhaust.
Sponsored

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
AE & an h-pipe is the perfect combination. I thought I'd never use quiet mode either, but I do. It's great on long boring high way drives when I'm trying to talk to my wife, or talk on the phone, or just want things a little quieter. Just having the option is something I knew I wanted when picking up the 2019.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
One other thing I’ve noticed (and others may chime in on this too) is, fading my sound stage slightly to the front 1-2 ticks creates an even better sound than leaving the fade centered.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
as far as I can tell, the muffle valve in the Mustang AE remains fixed once the setting is selected. It does not respond to throttle.
Interesting. So once the valves open, they're open.
What separates Sport and Track? The amount the valve opens?
The GM system sucked balls.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
One other thing I’ve noticed (and others may chime in on this too) is, fading my sound stage slightly to the front 1-2 ticks creates an even better sound than leaving the fade centered.
I agree this is better with regular stereo.

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Interesting. So once the valves open, they're open.
What separates Sport and Track? The amount the valve opens?
The GM system sucked balls.
The valves vary depending on mode and throttle position. Search this thread showing YouTube video of how they work... they do not sit static after mode selection.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Exhaust, it makes better music!!!!!

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The valves vary depending on mode and throttle position. Search this thread showing YouTube video of how they work... they do not sit static after mode selection.
I was under the impression that they remained. I am wrong. I thought each mode opens the valve a bit more. Track is fully open. Sport a slight bit closed, normal is , i guess, about 1/2 closed and quiet is fully closed. guess you learn something every day. Thanks for the head's up.

At least in track mode, they just leave them open. only in the other modes do they vary with throttle.

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Track is always fully open, no matter what.
Quiet is essentially always fully closed, except under high load at high rpm, where it opens a bit to allow the engine to breathe.
Normal is slightly open, and Sport slightly more open. Both are active though, i.e. they change with rpm and throttle to give a more pleasant sound under a variety of situations.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
So I guess the recommendation is that if you plan on using Track Mode all the time, there is no point to owning active exhaust.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Track is always fully open, no matter what.
Quiet is essentially always fully closed, except under high load at high rpm, where it opens a bit to allow the engine to breathe.
Normal is slightly open, and Sport slightly more open. Both are active though, i.e. they change with rpm and throttle to give a more pleasant sound under a variety of situations.
This is, in a nutshell, how the AE valves work. :thumbsup:

For those curious, one thing I do, is drive in Track virtually all the time, because not only does it sound great, but the wear and tear on the valve actuator is reduced, as it is not constantly adjusting and moving, so there is a plus in that regard, as well. I use quiet mode when I leave early, come home late at night, like others, etc.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So I guess the recommendation is that if you plan on using Track Mode all the time, there is no point to owning active exhaust.
See that's the great thing about AE. When I'm out driving by myself I'm always in track mode. When my wife is in the car and we're talking I'm in normal. Early morning or late night in my community I'm in quiet. So there is never really " all of the time". Having choices is what makes this option a no brainer. IMHO!

Last edited:

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
GT350 perspective, so might not be apples to apples, but AE is super worth it in the morning as a courtesy to neighbors, and when pulling back into the neighborhood. Sometimes you're hung over and you want quiet, decent music, and the heated seats.

Easier to get aftermarket axlebacks than it is to mess w/ the stereo though. I'd get both.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Active exhaust is great, I think it's standard on the Bullitt, but the B&O isn't (the electronics package). However, with the B&O you also get blind spot monitoring, which I wanted, but not sure how it is on other trims.
Sponsored