OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Well some good news at last with the GT it’s finally been booked on a ship 👍 obviously the mustang wanted to wait for the 4th July celebration before it leaves on the 7th 😂 only took nearly two months from build to get on a ship, then it’s has a nice cruise round Europe before arriving at Liverpool at the end of the month, but at least it’s getting closer 👍
Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
sadly the dealers wont care whether you buy the car or not because they know someone else will buy it if it's sitting there available.
Agreed. We can only hope that a good old fashion recession will correct some of this. Get interest rates up nice and high, some redundancies and maybe that will cool demand some. Wishful thinking.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think at this point I'd be going there in person to find out what is going on. The least they could do is reply even if they don't know anything more yet.

I emailed the person who ordered mine the other day and she replied 1 hour later and when I've called in the past she has always called back even if there's no update.
I wish I could go in person, but it's hours from my house. Anyway, yesterday evening I did get an email from my sales guy. He said he never got any of my phone messages. He did say he had no idea when my car would be build and the system still said 15/4/22.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Agreed. We can only hope that a good old fashion recession will correct some of this. Get interest rates up nice and high, some redundancies and maybe that will cool demand some. Wishful thinking.
I'd never wish a recession and job losses on the country and high interest rates help very few folks but it does stuff the rest of us. Tbh it's the folks putting up with sht service that's the problem. Stop buying cars (in the this example) from dealers that are crap at their job. If all dealers are crap, don't buy new from them and do it online - brand new car why use a dealer these days anyway?

You're on your 2nd mach 1 so the dealers have you on the hook and loving watching you squirm. You created this problem, don't blame the dealers for rolling you over.

I wish I could go in person, but it's hours from my house. Anyway, yesterday evening I did get an email from my sales guy. He said he never got any of my phone messages. He did say he had no idea when my car would be build and the system still said 15/4/22.
See my previous point re dealers / customer service. If it's that important to you then make the time to get in their face up close and personal. Politely of course but in their eye ball line. No argument there.

I'm not meaning to have a go at you per se and I apologise if it it coming across as this but you have put yourself 100percent in this situation, don't wish a tidal wave of pain on the entire country because you can't get your toy quickly. Besides, if you ever venture this far North I wanna see what you've done to the car and we burn some miles on the open roads up here. Peace and happy motoring to us all :clap::handshake:

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'd never wish a recession and job losses on the country and high interest rates help very few folks but it does stuff the rest of us. Tbh it's the folks putting up with sht service that's the problem. Stop buying cars (in the this example) from dealers that are crap at their job. If all dealers are crap, don't buy new from them and do it online - brand new car why use a dealer these days anyway?

You're on your 2nd mach 1 so the dealers have you on the hook and loving watching you squirm. You created this problem, don't blame the dealers for rolling you over.

See my previous point re dealers / customer service. If it's that important to you then make the time to get in their face up close and personal. Politely of course but in their eye ball line. No argument there.

I'm not meaning to have a go at you per se and I apologise if it it coming across as this but you have put yourself 100percent in this situation, don't wish a tidal wave of pain on the entire country because you can't get your toy quickly. Besides, if you ever venture this far North I wanna see what you've done to the car and we burn some miles on the open roads up here. Peace and happy motoring to us all :clap::handshake:
To be clear, I do not wish recession and hardship on anyone. As for the cause of the problem, it's not buyers. The cause of the problem is/was artificially low interest rates which were manipulated for years by central banks around the world. This lead to distortions in several asset classes...cars, watches, stocks, bonds, etc. Anyway, I hope I get the car and would very much like to meet up and have fun with the cars.

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Question, how can I buy a new Mach 1 at list price without a dealer? I'd really like to do that. Is there a way?

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
To be clear, I do not wish recession and hardship on anyone. As for the cause of the problem, it's not buyers. The cause of the problem is/was artificially low interest rates which were manipulated for years by central banks around the world. This lead to distortions in several asset classes...cars, watches, stocks, bonds, etc. Anyway, I hope I get the car and would very much like to meet up and have fun with the cars.
question is why do interest rates need to be high? That because those in finance were educated that this is the only way? Its one way but not the only way. For sure, silly lending because of said low rates is causing issues but again that's the fault of lender being greedy

Question, how can I buy a new Mach 1 at list price without a dealer? I'd really like to do that. Is there a way?
not having the pleasure of being able to buy a new car of anything like the Mustang price I assume (possibly incorrectly!) that the usual online sales, carwow / motorway / carzoo etc can get these cars as much as any other. Way out of my budget range so i'm stuck with my lowly 17GT

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
If it makes you feel any better mine now has a build date in August then at least 6-8 weeks for shipping once its on a BoatyMcBoat Face - Best case delivery now Mid Sep to early Nov.

Why didn't you buy it from somewhere closer ?

question is why do interest rates need to be high? That because those in finance were educated that this is the only way? Its one way but not the only way. For sure, silly lending because of said low rates is causing issues but again that's the fault of lender being greedy
Time for some doom and gloom:

We are only at the start of this officially, it's not the fault of the companies but due to failures of central banks and governments. This has been a problem since 2008, printing money is peanuts, this was always going to happen. It's a failure of governments and central banks.

Many reasons for this occurring now. It was always going to happen.

Interest rates are going to get even higher. The war with Russia and Ukraine will last for many years if not at least a decade or more, we will have to live with high interest rates, inflation will also be a factor from now going forward.

Why are they Increasing interests rates? Increasing interest rates helps slow the market what they are trying to do is engineer a soft landing, with the aim of cooling prices to prevent a recession. look we are going to have a recession, when no one is sure, I can make predictions but I'll keep them to myself.

We are in stagnation, the only ever way you get out of stagnation is with a recession.

What they are hoping do is prevent this from happening, When your trying to engineer a soft landing it normally results in a recession.

Recessions don't happen over night, they take time to bulid up (Stagnation is a key player) then Bang and only after you can see the peak. Recessions reset the market which is a good thing, I can't be asked to explain it see this - https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/407/recession/who-benefits-from-a-recession/

Last edited:

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
If it makes you feel any better mine now has a build date in August then at least 6-8 weeks for shipping once its on a BoatyMcBoat Face - Best case delivery now Mid Sep to early Nov.

We are only at the start of this officially, it's not the fault of the companies but due to failures of central banks and governments. This has been a problem since 2008, printing money is peanuts, this was always going to happen. It's a failure of governments and central banks.

Interest rates are going to get even higher. The war with Russia and Ukraine will last for many years if not at least a decade or more, we will have to live with high interest rates, inflation will also be a factor from now going forward.

Why are they Increasing interests rates? Increasing interest rates helps slow the market what they are trying to do is engineer a soft landing, with the aim of cooling prices to prevent a recession. look we are going to have a recession, when no one is sure, I can make predictions but I'll keep them to myself.

We are in stagnation, the only ever way you get out of stagnation is with a recession.

What they are hoping do is prevent this from happening, When your trying to engineer a soft landing it normally results in a recession.

Recessions don't happen over night, they take time to bulid up (Stagnation is a key player) then Bang and only after you can see the peak. Recessions reset the market which is a good thing, I can't be asked to explain it see this - https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/407/recession/who-benefits-from-a-recession/
I would have loved to buy a new Mach 1 very close to my home. Unfortunately, at that time, they were the only one with build slots. I called several dealers, they would not take an order. They had 3 slots, I got the last one. There's only like 300 Mach 1's in the UK, I can't go down to my local Tesco and just pick one up.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

not having the pleasure of being able to buy a new car of anything like the Mustang price I assume (possibly incorrectly!) that the usual online sales, carwow / motorway / carzoo etc can get these cars as much as any other. Way out of my budget range so i'm stuck with my lowly 17GT
here's the one and only Carwow offer for a Mach 1:
"Thank you for enquiring with Hendy Ford
**Please note that we do not have any physical stock and these are all factory orders of approximately 7-10 months depending on model. Mustang are currently up to 50 weeks**"

Sponsored

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
**Please note that we do not have any physical stock and these are all factory orders of approximately 7-10 months depending on model. Mustang are currently up to 50 weeks**"
Only 7 to 10 months!

I'm already about 9 months since placing the order without it being built. I' won't be able to drive it when it comes because it will be snowing & raining until May 2023.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017

so trying to engineer a slow down in the free market? I get the idea of control to stop massive swings and turnabouts but Interest Rates are so blunt an instrument that recession follows which is pretty crude and unnecessary. Stops growth of good companies and bad and in effect this period of inflation is completely outwith our control anyway - food and fuel costs are unaffected by interest rate hikes but the VAT on fuel and food adds to the underlying price and thus in effect is a massive feedback loop. Treasury don't care cause they get more money to waste on crap loans and fraudulent schemes. Yippee

Anyways.. gets us away from the topic at hand (and i've been slapped before on here for that but strangely others veer off all the time and are still posting on other topics) which is car orders. Factory shutdowns take forever and a year to re-dress and hence shortages, doesn't help if said factories also paid people off for said incoming recession. Also doesn't help if someone beaches their ship across the main shipping channel! Also non mainstream cars with their shorter order runs and presumably lower profit margins will be the first to get cut out of production.

Of course anther one of the reasons for car shortages is folks buying multiple new cars and then selling off the ones they don't want - seen it on Face ache groups for mustangs with the same member having three or four cars and getting them sold on privately for one would guess a tidy profit. Sure why not, bet they aint paying tax on the profits.

that blows for sure but remember you already had a car that you over paid for then sold it for your own reasons as posted on here. You had one already, that's the point here for you and you've doubled down on the pain of dealing with sht dealerships by ordering another one so soon afterwards. You should have yourself a good look in the mirror :crackup:

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
so trying to engineer a slow down in the free market? I get the idea of control to stop massive swings and turnabouts but Interest Rates are so blunt an instrument that recession follows which is pretty crude and unnecessary. Stops growth of good companies and bad and in effect this period of inflation is completely outwith our control anyway - food and fuel costs are unaffected by interest rate hikes but the VAT on fuel and food adds to the underlying price and thus in effect is a massive feedback loop. Treasury don't care cause they get more money to waste on crap loans and fraudulent schemes. Yippee

Anyways.. gets us away from the topic at hand (and i've been slapped before on here for that but strangely others veer off all the time and are still posting on other topics) which is car orders. Factory shutdowns take forever and a year to re-dress and hence shortages, doesn't help if said factories also paid people off for said incoming recession. Also doesn't help if someone beaches their ship across the main shipping channel! Also non mainstream cars with their shorter order runs and presumably lower profit margins will be the first to get cut out of production.

Of course anther one of the reasons for car shortages is folks buying multiple new cars and then selling off the ones they don't want - seen it on Face ache groups for mustangs with the same member having three or four cars and getting them sold on privately for one would guess a tidy profit. Sure why not, bet they aint paying tax on the profits.

that blows for sure but remember you already had a car that you over paid for then sold it for your own reasons as posted on here. You had one already, that's the point here for you and you've doubled down on the pain of dealing with sht dealerships by ordering another one so soon afterwards. You should have yourself a good look in the mirror :crackup:
I had zero issues with the used car dealer. They were very helpful people. On the other hand, this is literally the first time I've ever ordered a new car. This is a new experience.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I had zero issues with the used car dealer. They were very helpful people. On the other hand, this is literally the first time I've ever ordered a new car. This is a new experience.
Yeah defo a terrible time to be buying new that's for sure. Any pre reg or mega low mileage Mach 1 a10's you could get?
Sponsored