Sponsored

Ordered my Whipple, What else do I need?

Livnpaintball2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GTPP
So I ordered my STG2 kit and now I need to order a ATI balancer, OPG+TG, 170 T stat. Guess I need the catch can, was looking at the JLT. Anything Im missing?
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Tires, clutch, half shafts, tissues...

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
My whipple kit actually came with a 160 thermostat and some plugs. I had ordered a 170 thermo though and some BRSKE plugs so I used them instead.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
So I ordered my STG2 kit and now I need to order a ATI balancer, OPG+TG, 170 T stat. Guess I need the catch can, was looking at the JLT. Anything Im missing?
I know the 10-rib upgrade comes with a damper, but I believe the regular stage 2 kit comes with a damper already so I would ask Whipple and if that is the case then you don't need to get the damper! I am not sure if the kit comes with a thermostat as well, though. Also, Whipple says you don't need the OPG/TG and I believe them. IF you are worried though, the 3yr/36K $5K engine warranty from Whipple is only $450-500! That's a lot less than parts and labor on the OPG/TG.

Sponsored

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
I know the 10-rib upgrade comes with a damper, but I believe the regular stage 2 kit comes with a damper already so I would ask Whipple and if that is the case then you don't need to get the damper! I am not sure if the kit comes with a thermostat as well, though. Also, Whipple says you don't need the OPG/TG and I believe them. IF you are worried though, the 3yr/36K $5K engine warranty from Whipple is only $450-500! That's a lot less than parts and labor on the OPG/TG.
I bought the stage 2 kit without the 10 rib upgrade and my kit did not come with a dampner. I purchased the ATI unit and put it on when I did my OPG/CG set. I was able to use points from Lethal where I bought my Whipple to purchase the dampner and it knocked the price down almost in half so it was not as bad. I love rewards points on big purchases.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
If it is a DD and won't see any drag strip action you will be fine with the just the kit installed. If you plan on running it on the strip then I would recommend half shafts, Mcleod RXT w/ lightened steel flywheel, sticky tires and maybe some shocks. That's what we ran in our 2015 GT that was 860rwhp and it hooked up and we even ran it in the 9's. OPG/TG aren't really necessary, but customers are installing them for peace at mind. It is about 50/50 for the customers that are actually installing them.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I bought the stage 2 kit without the 10 rib upgrade and my kit did not come with a dampner. I purchased the ATI unit and put it on when I did my OPG/CG set. I was able to use points from Lethal where I bought my Whipple to purchase the dampner and it knocked the price down almost in half so it was not as bad. I love rewards points on big purchases.
Where did you get it from? Lethal's site says it does:

ATI Lower Balancer Included (Stock Diameter or 20% Overdrive)

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Maybe mine was technically the stage 1 then with all the stage 2 upgrades except for the 10 rib, they are essentially the same thing. Mine definitely did not come with a balancer.

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Just looked at my receipt and it defintely says stage 2 for the item. I can't get to lethal's website at work.

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I misread your post as saying you DID get the 10-rib, my fault. The 10-rib comes with the damper. That quote is from the 10-rib page.

OP
OP

Livnpaintball2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GTPP
Daily driver, no drag racing, just a street car. I will get some stickier and wider tires once these get worn out. Thanks for the input!

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
My whipple kit actually came with a 160 thermostat and some plugs. I had ordered a 170 thermo though and some BRSKE plugs so I used them instead.
Hey; how do you know which thermostat your whipple came with? Mine came with a thermostat as well, but I don't know the temp of it.

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
The 10 rib kit is an extra/upgrade not included in either stage 1 or 2. It can purchased with or without the ATI dampener. And it is a dampener... Not a balancer FYI.

The Whipple Kits come with an evenflo 160* t-stat. The reische 170* works better at keeping it cooler and more consistent Temps. A good upgrade but not needed
Sponsored