Sponsored

Ordered 2015 GT Premium Convertible Monday

DiscoNfrno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Said it was going to take around 8 weeks. Also I've listened to several cat back systems for the 2015 and Magnaflow was the only one I really liked. But the service guy at Ford said I had to use the Ford Racing (which I didnt like the sound of) or it voids the warranty...

What warranty? Powertrain? The whole thing? The exhaust?
Sponsored

DRKHR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6-spd OW PP
Said it was going to take around 8 weeks. Also I've listened to several cat back systems for the 2015 and Magnaflow was the only one I really liked. But the service guy at Ford said I had to use the Ford Racing (which I didnt like the sound of) or it voids the warranty...

What warranty? Powertrain? The whole thing? The exhaust?
That salesman is dead wrong... hopefully your not attached to his hip and you can have a more knowledgeable FORD worker on your side throughout this entire process... cuz that guy sucks.

Exhaust from the headers back wouldn't even void your warranty (So long as the issue that arrises wasn't caused by your installed part -exhaust in this scenario- ). So with this being said... no muffler is gonna void your warranty that I know of.

That guy sucks

OP
OP

DiscoNfrno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
It was the guy in the parts dept. Who at the dealership should I ask? Or should I just not ask and do it?

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
An exhaust doesn't void your warranty unless they can PROVE it's causing whatever problem you're having.

DRKHR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6-spd OW PP
It was the guy in the parts dept. Who at the dealership should I ask? Or should I just not ask and do it?
Sorry... I read your post and just was blown away by anyone telling you that... That parts guy sucks** hahaha

To answer your secondary question now... yes... just buy the mufflers you want and have an exhaust shop or local mustang shop put them on for you. Ford will never know... especially considering it will never be the muffler that causes some warranty issue. (none that I can think of atleast).
Sponsored