Sponsored

Order tracking status “in body shop”. What does that mean?

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
So on the order tracker it says “In production. At body shop”. What stage is that / what does that mean?
Sponsored

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
So on the order tracker it says “In production. At body shop”. What stage is that / what does that mean?
This won't answer your question, but for what it's worth mine shows just a date (6/15) for 'in production', and it's been 'awaiting shipment' since 6/16. Does yours show a date with the status?

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
This list tells you the process and what happens

Sent Plant
- The VIN has been sent to the plant for Production

Body Shop - Everything from the assembly of the body to paint. When it comes out of the Body Shop it is a painted body with doors, hood and trunk lid.

Trim Line - This should be called final assembly, this is were the car goes from fully painted car body to a Produced car. This normally takes 1- 5 days depending on when the car goes into Trim. If it goes into Trim late Friday it should roll off the line Produced on Monday or Tuesday.

Produced - The car is now built. If it is a base car it will go directly to Released Awaiting Shipment, if is getting vinyl stripes or a CFTP car it will go to the Mod Center.

Mod Center = All cars with vinyl stripes and all CFTP cars (wheels and rear wing) go to the Mod Center, this could take 1-2 weeks.

Released to Body Company (Penske) - Painted Stripes, could take 2 or more weeks.

Returned from Body Company (Penske) - Car is returned to plant for Release for shipping.

Released - Awaiting Shipment - The vehicle has been released from the plant to a carrier and i§ awaiting shipment. Car is released from the plant for shipment.

Received - Awaiting Shipment - The vehicle has been received by a carrier at a ramp location. The yard location may display. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.

Shipped Rail - The vehicle has been shipped from the plant via rail. The railcar number displays. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.

Shipped Convoy - The vehicle has been shipped from the plant via convoy. The convoy number may or may not display. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.

Shipped from Plant - Car was loaded onto a trailer and trucked to another railyard for shipment by rail.

Arrived Rail - The railcar/vehicle has arrived at a mixing center or ramp and is available for unloading. The railcar number displays. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.

Received - In Transit - Car has been received by a carrier for final delivery to your dealer.

Delivered - What can I say, this is the word everybody waits to see. This is the end of the trail for a lot of people that have waited a very long time.

Credit goes to @Snoopy49 :thumbsup: - he provided me the list when I had similar question :like:

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48

Sent Plant

Body Shop - Everything from the assembly of the body to paint. When it comes out of the Body Shop it is a painted body with doors, hood and trunk lid.

Trim Line - This should be called final assembly, this is were the car goes from fully painted car body to a Produced car. This normally takes 1- 5 days depending on when the car goes into Trim. If it goes into Trim late Friday it should roll off the line Produced on Monday or Tuesday.

Produced - The car is now built. If it is a base car it will go directly to Released Awaiting Shipment, if is getting vinyl stripes or a CFTP car it will go to the Mod Center.

Mod Center = All cars with vinyl stripes and all CFTP cars (wheels and rear wing) go to the Mod Center, this could take 1-2 weeks.

Released to Body Company (Penske) - Painted Stripes, could take 2 or more weeks.

Returned from Body Company (Penske) - Car is returned to plant for Release for shipping.

Released - Awaiting Shipment - The vehicle has been released from the plant to a carrier and i§ awaiting shipment. Car is released from the plant for shipment.

Received - Awaiting Shipment - The vehicle has been received by a carrier at a ramp location. The yard location may display. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.

Shipped Rail - The vehicle has been shipped from the plant via rail. The railcar number displays. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.

Shipped Convoy - The vehicle has been shipped from the plant via convoy. The convoy number may or may not display. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.

Shipped from Plant - Car was loaded onto a trailer and trucked to another railyard for shipment by rail.

Arrived Rail - The railcar/vehicle has arrived at a mixing center or ramp and is available for unloading. The railcar number displays. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.

Received - In Transit - Car has been received by a carrier for final delivery to your dealer.

Delivered - What can I say, this is the word everybody waits to see. This is the end of the trail for a lot of people that have waited a very long time.

Credit goes to @Snoopy49 :thumbsup: - he provided me the list when I had similar question :like:
Very cool! Where can we see that level of detail while we wait, and wait, and wait...?

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Very cool! Where can we see that level of detail while we wait, and wait, and wait...?
From your first post it seems like you're using a tracker, but even though this one is in German it tells your just what you want to know

https://modernmusclecars.de/tools/mustangtracker/index.php?

On the tracker you can also pull out your window sticker - in top of that there is a blend date. This date is the day your car should most likely be build and change status to "Produced"

Sponsored

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
From your first post it seems like you're using a tracker, but even though this one is in German it tells your just what you want to know

On the tracker you can also pull out your window sticker - in top of that there is a blend date. This date is the day your car should most likely be build and change status to "Produced"
Interesting result for me. My VIN works, but it says no production date has been assigned, which is incorrect because I've had a production date confirmed via email with Ford Performance and my dealership.

Also, the official Ford tracker https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ gives me the following result. Guessing it will never work.

Capture.PNG

AGM2018

Sent Plant

Danke!!!
:clap::thumbsup::rockon:

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Interesting result for me. My VIN works, but it says no production date has been assigned, which is incorrect because I've had a production date confirmed via email with Ford Performance and my dealership.

Also, the official Ford tracker https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ gives me the following result. Guessing it will never work.
I've never had any luck with the Ford tracker, but I have experienced during nighttime and in weekends that the tracker can't find a result.
About the production date it is just the way it is. The only way you can get to know the estimated build date is from your dealer or if you get in touch with Ford Performance - it won't be shown in any tracker untill it has been build. Don't worry, it will show :like:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Mine is "In Order Processing". I guess that means they haven't even begun to think about working on it. :D

Sponsored

David Young

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang

Thanks for the link. The Ford VIN tracker say invalid VIN . I've been tracking my Sisters 2020 Ranger with the German VIN check. Thank You :). It has been produced and waiting for Transport ........

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I've got good news and bad news. The good news is, my car has finally been produced. So, no more worrying about steering wheels that may be on back-order, or stuff like that. It's no longer just an abstract idea, but a complete, tangible thing. :rockon:
The bad news is, the expected arrival date in the US harbor looks really bad. :frown:

Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 08.24.32.png

Will it take six weeks just to leave the US? Really? Six weeks??? What are they planning to do with it until then? :curse:

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
@Vlad Soare - Take it easy. It will change in a couple of days probably! :like:

When mine got produced on June 22nd it had an ETA date on August 8th and I had the same reaction as you. But the first date is just a dice throw untill it has been assigned transport (I assume yours is also convoy since it is getting shipped to Belgium). Mine got changed a day or 2 after production and the new date was June 29th..

OP
OP

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
I've got good news and bad news. The good news is, my car has finally been produced. So, no more worrying about steering wheels that may be on back-order, or stuff like that. It's no longer just an abstract idea, but a complete, tangible thing. :rockon:
The bad news is, the expected arrival date in the US harbor looks really bad. :frown:

Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 08.24.32.png

Will it take six weeks just to leave the US? Really? Six weeks??? What are they planning to do with it until then? :curse:
They actually lost my car!
Sponsored