Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
My other half put in a order for a 2016 GT just a couple days before the order banks close. Anyone in Southern California order a 16? What does your order timeframe look like?

Thanks.
Sponsored

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Vegas and I put an order in for a 2016 ecoboost last Saturday. My order's still in the processing stage, but I'll post info when I have something to report.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I put an order in on the 10th...still in order processing. Everyone else getting their build dates though...it may depend on dealer allocation. The dealer I went through is a small dealer...in NorCal

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
The order is through Galpin Ford. The salesman is quoting 12 weeks but it being Galpin and Los Angeles I cant see 12 weeks.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Mine took 9 weeks and I ordered it middle of December right before Ford closed the plant for two weeks. It was built 2/9 or 2/10 and delivered to San Diego on 2/24 just two weeks later which I thought was fast. They originally gave me a 3/6 delivery date. Probably depends on when it goes from Detroit and on to train.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mine took 9 weeks and I ordered it middle of December right before Ford closed the plant for two weeks. It was built 2/9 or 2/10 and delivered to San Diego on 2/24 just two weeks later which I thought was fast. They originally gave me a 3/6 delivery date. Probably depends on when it goes from Detroit and on to train.
Yeah that does sound pretty fast. Im hoping 6 weeks at least but I know itll probably take 8 weeks.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Ya my dealer told me 2 months and 3 max...but I dunno, it has been 3 weeks already and it hasnt moved from order processing while guys on the forum have ordered after me and already getting build dates lol.

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ya my dealer told me 2 months and 3 max...but I dunno, it has been 3 weeks already and it hasnt moved from order processing while guys on the forum have ordered after me and already getting build dates lol.
Well seeing as tomorrow is the last day for special orders for the 16 model year I would think they would want to crank them out as quick as they can so that they can get ready for the 17 model year.

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I just realized, it could be that some of the discrepancies in how long it's taking for certain people's orders to get processed could be due to different priorities assigned by the dealer (?). My dealer put in a priority of 10, hopefully that will help out a bit.

Also, someone mentioned on another ordering thread that supposedly Ford has shut down Fusion production at the Flat Rock Plant (not sure why - model year changeover?) and they'll only be producing Mustangs there for the next few months. Fingers crossed that that's true.

Sponsored

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I just realized, it could be that some of the discrepancies in how long it's taking for certain people's orders to get processed could be due to different priorities assigned by the dealer (?). My dealer put in a priority of 10, hopefully that will help out a bit.

Also, someone mentioned on another ordering thread that supposedly Ford has shut down Fusion production at the Flat Rock Plant (not sure why - model year changeover?) and they'll only be producing Mustangs there for the next few months. Fingers crossed that that's true.
Priority 10 is the quickest out of the retail orders...sadly I am priority 10 also...and it has still been 3 weeks and no vin. There is a thread on this with info on orders. I believe 1-9 are only orders that a regional manager can approve. It also states that your dealer allocation per week plays a factor into your priority if all orders were priority 10.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
My other half put in a order for a 2016 GT just a couple days before the order banks close. Anyone in Southern California order a 16? What does your order timeframe look like?

Thanks.
Congrats on the order for the better half:D:cheers:

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the order for the better half:D:cheers:
Haha thanks. He has a 2015 F150 Lariat that he's trading in with only 8400 miles. Basically wants a fun car and doesn't need something so big haha. Im probably excited about it more than he is haha.

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

Lets hope that's the case.

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Priority 10 is the quickest out of the retail orders...sadly I am priority 10 also...and it has still been 3 weeks and no vin. There is a thread on this with info on orders. I believe 1-9 are only orders that a regional manager can approve. It also states that your dealer allocation per week plays a factor into your priority if all orders were priority 10.
How does one get a priority of 1-9? Just curious.
Sponsored