Sponsored

Order submitted GT premium. (Received 130 days later)

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Today I learned nothing from Mustang6G. I do however recognize differences of opinions, based upon one's specific area of manufacturing materials. FWIW my personal experience with ordering anything is that many times a delay may occur, some times due to shortages, weather, act's of god, human error's, etc. When I ordered my 2019 GT in OCT. of 19, I did not receive my car until April of 20. I was as most of you are now very anxious and quick to place blame on any phase of the ordering process. Communication was the number one criticism I had. I did find that once Ford had a firm date of shipping the scheduling was frequent and accurate. Getting my GT as a special order was then really appreciated.

FYI my order was delayed by a lack of steering wheels form Mexico, then heavy snow accumulation's up north, so try to keep cool boy's. Buy locally if you must, but waiting for that personalized special order could make up for the extra wait.

Could have been my dealer, but I locked in my trade-in value at the time the deal was made. If anyone lost out it was the dealer because of the 5k extra miles I racked up on the trade-in.

Also, may have been a gesture from Ford for my patience but I received an addition discount above rebate's., at time of delivery. It was an unexpected special offer of 750 off the agreed price.

Have a great day fellas, let the chest pounding continue> LOL:facepalm:

pfarley1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Ford has never said they are actually doing this. We are the ones speculating that they are.
I know they didn't but I agree with the theory.

Keep in mind that the situation with Ford was cancelled forecasts. Then the pandemic hit. You cannot forecast for a worldwide pandemic.
No, you can't but I guarantee they had forecast models for all situations regarding the chip supply they get in. If x supply comes in, then x happens.

Ford takes orders for thousands of vehicles a day. If you think they have the manpower to reach out to every customer to give them delivery updates I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
Again, you guys are proving my point. Under normal circumstances, Ford's tracking site works fine. It is the uncertainty. It's not like we may have to wait an extra couple of weeks. The underlying fact that we may not get our vehicles this year (potentially) is why we specifically need communication.

Ford easily has the capacity to do this. It is a simple database dump of consumers with orders in from x date tox date. They write an email up, explain the situation, explain we could be waiting months, say they are sorry but are working as hard as possible. If you don't think a 50b+ cap company has the capacity to do this then shame on you.

Well both of my daughters have bought new homes here in Myrtle Beach in the last two years. One from Lennar and one from D.R. Horton. Communication was at best, acceptable, nothing great. I also just took delivery of a 2021 Volvo. Ordered from Sweden at the end of January. Not a word for 8 weeks ( I was informed this was going to happen. Then a message it was on the water and a second message when it arrived at the dealer.
The company I work for isn't either of those.

To whoever said my statements sounded like PR/ads. How? Because I'm comparing arguably two of the largest industries in the world? The fact that the two items (home and car) are the two largest purchases a consumer makes? It is a justifiable comparison. :headbang: :facepalm:

pfarley1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I was very fortunate to become friendly with both of my daughters project managers. What you are saying and what their reality was do not mesh. We experienced numerous delays, especially from Lennar with little or no explanation. And this was before the pandemic. Try as you might comparing a home builder to a car manufacturer is apple and oranges.
I'm comparing a global pandemic with two industries affected by it. Both of which have more in common than you may think, especially from the consumer side.

Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Just got a email today that mine was pushed back again. Build date of June 21 now

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order confirmed 3/15

401A, PP, B/O stereo, 10speed

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I called my sales guy today and the ETA for delivery haven't been updated but yeah build date is in June as well now. My order was made on March 6th and confirmed on March 8th I believe.

2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver base with 301A, Black Accent Package, Active Valve Exhaust. Let's hope we get it before summer ends.

Wheel_Guy

Wheel_Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Convert 401A PP1
Still nothing directly from Ford regarding an updated build date. Reached out to my dealer and they show week of June 7th.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
When I purchased my 2020 Ecoboost Mustang last year , the dealer had no Mustangs on the lot. Last week , I went by a larger dealership that always had 3 to 5 new Mustangs on the lot and he had no Mustangs. Obviously there is a demand for Mustangs , but not much of a supply in Minnesota.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called my sales guy today and the ETA for delivery haven't been updated but yeah build date is in June as well now. My order was made on March 6th and confirmed on March 8th I believe.

2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver base with 301A, Black Accent Package, Active Valve Exhaust. Let's hope we get it before summer ends.
If i have to drive my brand new Mustang home in the snow i will be more then a little annoyed

OP
OP
Treefrog

Treefrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium
I'm calling dealer Monday for an update. Will post results.