Sponsored

Order new or buy used (how used)

LaMustang62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, Motorcycle
Retired...Looking for a toy.. Not necessarily a daily driver but would like to go from, Louisiana to Washington State. Or drive the Blue Ridge Parkway as example of a trip Sort of replace motorcycle. Also short ride in state to the sight see around home.

Would you order new to avoid used car prices and get almost exactly what you want. Or go used. if used how used year wise.

Needs to be a V8, like the 19 inch wheels etc. You know. Look like a V8 Sound like a V8.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mangosmoothie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Boolet
I would spec one out and order from granger. Theyā€™re doing under invoice.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
+1 for a new order, granger was fantastic for us. Amazing pricing!

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Can you get A plan , or a friends and family discount ! If that is possible ? I would price a new one . As for used car prices sky rocketing , and getting a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty on a new car .Personally I would price a new one and see the price difference between the used one. .I truly wish you luck and I am sure you will be pleased on what ever car you chose.

OP
OP

LaMustang62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, Motorcycle
I would need to check and see if discounts through the company are for active employees only or retired. My lean is new. I do have Granger Ford book marked as an option.

I did the Ford Build and Price as many mentioned in other threads. Current used market 2019, 2020, 2021 with in 300 miles via Auto Trader showed new at about +7. Some actually show higher but can't tell what additional option are in the car without being bugged by salesman via contact info I have a document with option many of you speak of such as the PP1, 401A Package, Magna Ride, Active Exhaust, GT Performance Package. Some of these as see as line items 401A others I don't , like (Magna Ride, Active Exhaust, GT Performance Package) these may be in there somewhere.

Also the Ford B&P is showing it as a 2021 Vehicle.

Sponsored

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Price out a new one from a dealership with all the specs you want. This way, you get a full 3-year bumper to bumper warranty and a 5-year power train warranty.
When you buy used, you buy someone else's problems. You have no idea what the previous owner did to that engine and/or transmission.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Order new; youā€™ll get a better car for the same money. Used market is insanity

OP
OP

LaMustang62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, Motorcycle
Price out a new one from a dealership with all the specs you want. This way, you get a full 3-year bumper to bumper warranty and a 5-year power train warranty.
When you buy used, you buy someone else's problems. You have no idea what the previous owner did to that engine and/or transmission.
I have plenty of time on my hands. I will probably do a local dealership and Granger ford build on their specific sight. If anything for curiosity sake. And compare to Ford B&P website.

No discounts through company since retired. Also did 2 B&P from 2 dealership websites... which appear to re direct to Ford and show the 2022 Build. That price appears to be the same on both sites and is about 17k more than a 2020 but the 2021's are higher than the build new price. Ford B&P is not working for me at this moment.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Similar situation as me. Not sure about my future motorcycle riding (definitely less big trips for sure). My new Mustang is on order:
Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Rapid Red
Automatic Transmission
201A package
Coastal Limited Edition
Performance Exhaust
Mini spare

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
If you know a ford employee or a retired employee they can get you friends and family! It doesnā€™t cost them anything and most people want to share their benefits and use them!

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
My riding days are winding too so when I recently retired part of the plan was to travel the US and not on the bike so I ordered a MY21 optioned the way I wanted and put 20k on it since taking delivery.Unless you can find one optioned to your liking price wise Iā€™d order new and have no worries šŸ˜Ž

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
depends on the used deal. If a reasonable amount for the year, you can save a lot of $ over new. Since its a toy and not the daily driver, new is just going to depreciate a fair bit once you drive off the lot, without getting the use out of it as a daily.
I got lucky on a 1 year old used $10k off list, and still had 2 year warranty left.
Lots of used mustangs in my area for private sale. Dealer resale on used are typically high- as right now they can't get new allocation in Canada till April at least I was told back in Nov.
If concerned about condition, have a used candidate inspected as a condition of purchase.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If you know a ford employee or a retired employee they can get you friends and family! It doesnā€™t cost them anything and most people want to share their benefits and use them!
9/10, you can beat any of the consumer X/A plans of you negotiateā€¦ā€¦. Dealers hate that paperwork.
Sponsored