Sponsored

Order Goes In Tomorrow

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Well, the time has come to place the order and it goes in tomorrow afternoon.
Here's what we have at this point:

GT Prem
Ingot over Ebony w/Color Accent (light grey stitch)
20" Bright Machined Rims
Six Speed Auto
3:55 Axle Ratio w/LSD
401A
Enhanced Security
Voice Activated Nav
Reverse Park Assist

It's interesting, we visited two separate dealers and they kept trying to tell me the 20" rims are black and they've ordered no cars with them...I told them the inset is black and the face of the spokes are bright metal, hence the name "bright machined". I did show them some pics right off Ford's website but their order guide seems to say they're black???

What do you guys think of the build? We really vacillated between ingot, impact and magnetic.

Thx
Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Well, the time has come to place the order and it goes in tomorrow afternoon.
Here's what we have at this point:

GT Prem
Ingot over Ebony w/Color Accent (light grey stitch)
20" Bright Machined Rims
Six Speed Auto
3:55 Axle Ratio w/LSD
401A
Enhanced Security
Voice Activated Nav
Reverse Park Assist

It's interesting, we visited two separate dealers and they kept trying to tell me the 20" rims are black and they've ordered no cars with them...I told them the inset is black and the face of the spokes are bright metal, hence the name "bright machined". I did show them some pics right off Ford's website but their order guide seems to say they're black???

What do you guys think of the build? We really vacillated between ingot, impact and magnetic.

Thx
That'll be a sweet car. I'd personally go with Magnetic out of your three choices. Silver is too common, and DIB looks too purplish to me. Though Guard is pretty sweet for a neutral color.

My top colors in order: TY, Ruby, CO, Guard, RR, Magnetic

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Thanks

We thought about magnetic but it looks to greenish for our taste at times...still a killer color and it's good to know DIB has a purplish hue.

Any thoughts about the 20" bright machined rim and why some dealers are insisting they're black?

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Maybe they meant the 20" Foundry Black Aluminum Wheels? Since somehow the name of the wheel set in the build website is not the same as in the window sticker.

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Maybe they meant the 20" Foundry Black Aluminum Wheels? Since somehow the name of the wheel set in the build website is not the same as in the window sticker.
There's only one 20" wheel offered and it's bright machined...the foundry's are 18's, don't know what's going on with their ordering guide. :confused:

Sponsored

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
That'll be a sweet car. I'd personally go with Magnetic out of your three choices. Silver is too common, and DIB looks too purplish to me. Though Guard is pretty sweet for a neutral color.

My top colors in order: TY, Ruby, CO, Guard, RR, Magnetic
Don't listen to him. Guard is fugly and makes the car a lot slower.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
They are the same, no worries. Check this window sticker for example, they are just using a different name
http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FA6P8CFXF5310081&ref=VL
Thank you. Why in the world would they call these wheels two different things and they are not even black (other than the insets being dark grey)? It's amazing, some dealers are not ordering these rims thinking they're all black! Maybe Ford changed the name midstream since dealers were thinking they were all black and they're not?

Are these them? Can someone take a pic of the 20's on their actual car please.

Thanks
2015%20INGOT.jpg

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
There's only one 20" wheel offered and it's bright machined...the foundry's are 18's, don't know what's going on with their ordering guide. :confused:
One of the cars I saw in person last week at a dealer has the 20s, and they're just like the photo above.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Thanks

We thought about magnetic but it looks to greenish for our taste at times...still a killer color and it's good to know DIB has a purplish hue.
You can't possibly be talking about Magnetic. Guard has greenish hues to it.

Magnetic is a dark metallic grey that looks silverish in some light and like gunmetal or even a blackish grey in certain others.

I've never seen a single pic with Magnetic having 'greenish' looks to it.

Guard is probably what you've been misinterpreting as Magnetic.

You should go to the photos section and the magnetic thread.

Sponsored
OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
You can't possibly be talking about Magnetic. Guard has greenish hues to it.

Magnetic is a dark metallic grey that looks silverish in some light and like gunmetal or even a blackish grey in certain others.

I've never seen a single pic with Magnetic having 'greenish' looks to it.

Guard is probably what you've been misinterpreting as Magnetic.

You should go to the photos section and the magnetic thread.
Agreed, Guard definitely has quite a green hue to it and magnetic does (imho) too, albeit to a much, much lesser extent. In other than under high intensity indoor blueish lighting or maybe in some of the outdoor shots that may have utilized a blue filter, it does
have a bit of a slight green hue/tint. I believe mixing the colors green + black makes grey. With that said, magnetic is very nice and a contender. Thanks.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Thanks

Any thoughts about the 20" bright machined rim and why some dealers are insisting they're black?
Kona has a purplish hue, DIB is very much so blue. I barely see any purple in it.

I actually prefer Kona

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Agreed, Guard definitely has quite a green hue to it and magnetic does (imho) too, albeit to a much, much lesser extent. In other than under high intensity indoor blueish lighting or maybe in some of the outdoor shots that may have utilized a blue filter, it does
have a bit of a slight green hue/tint. I believe mixing the colors green + black makes grey. With that said, magnetic is very nice and a contender. Thanks.
Have you seen magnetic and guard in person?

Guard IS greenish. It's a metallic green grey.

Magnetic has no green in it, under any circumstance unless you are putting something with a green tint or light on it or it's reflecting green from the environment.

There have been plenty of people on this forum that have posted a guard picture and have said it's magnetic. Not trying to get on you, just trying to help you because I think you are confusing guard and magnetic and might have seen pictures that have been posted wrongly.

Also, I do graphics for a living so I know my colors. :D

If you want a good set of pics of what Magnetic looks like, it's this post

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=63757&postcount=321

And to compare, here's guard.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28746&postcount=1

You can obviously see that guard is a greenish tinted metallic. You can also see that magnetic is a gunmetal like metallic dark grey with no green hues or tint.

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Have you seen magnetic and guard in person?

Guard IS greenish. It's a metallic green grey.

Magnetic has no green in it, under any circumstance unless you are putting something with a green tint or light on it or it's reflecting green from the environment.

There have been plenty of people on this forum that have posted a guard picture and have said it's magnetic. Not trying to get on you, just trying to help you because I think you are confusing guard and magnetic and might have seen pictures that have been posted wrongly.

Also, I do graphics for a living so I know my colors. :D

If you want a good set of pics of what Magnetic looks like, it's this post

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=63757&postcount=321

And to compare, here's guard.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28746&postcount=1

You can obviously see that guard is a greenish tinted metallic. You can also see that magnetic is a gunmetal like metallic dark grey with no green hues or tint.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
I think the specific shade of grey is what creates the need for other colors to be added including green for cool grey. I've always like gun metal grey and I wish we could see magnetic in person but there are so few 15's around here, as they come in and are sold the next day so it's just the luck of the draw. We will definitely consider mag but tomorrow's the day.
Sponsored