Orange Fury Opinions-Wrap roof or not?

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Looking for some opinions. I plan on ordering an Orange Fury GT. I was going to get the PP, but with the price hike on it, im going to save my 4K on that and just get it loaded without the PP. When I was planning on getting it with the PP with the black rims, I wanted to wrap the roof in gloss black.

Well instead of the PP, im going to get the 20 inch rim option on it, chrome or silver looking.

With the car bright orange and now with the chrome/silver rims, would it look better to wrap the roof in gloss black, or just leave it orange or put dual stripes on it, or another option is wrap the roof black and put the stripes on it as well.

opinions please. thank you
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I would leave it orange. Black roofs, black emblems, black wheels, it all looks incredibly cheap and ugly in my humble opinion. I seem to be part of a minority group though.

With the silver wheels you could consider silver striping, perhaps with a black pinstripe like on the GT350. That would match nicely. Another plus of silver striping is that it doesn't show scratches as much as black stripes do.

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
The black bits vs silver bits really makes the look of the car for some colors. Look at grabbers with black bits and wheels vs ones with silver. Doesn't even look like the same car. Get black bits, PC the wheels, wrap the roof!!! Maybe I'll see it around...

Visualize...
30000614254_7550928a1c_k-690x460.jpg

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Wrap the roof. I am probably going to order an Orange Fury as well and wrap the roof satin black.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
leave it orange.

I left mine orange because everyone started doing the black roof. I got enough black pieces of the car to make up for it but I like it orange more tbh.

orange fury is another story though. need to see it in person.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
black for sure to break up the orange. lots and lots of high end sports cars come with painted black roofs. its not a fad, but it is subjective. later.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
fyi
i have a 2012 boss 302 that has the painted roof from the factory (and probably the original one that started the black roof fad) and i had a guy at a show say it looked ugly on the car and i should remove it. i told him it was painted from factory that way and just got a "hmmpf" from him and he walked away.
so i bought the car because i liked the black roof. i put a black wrap on my 15 because i liked it. as most of the guys/gals here its your car do what you like. its easy to take the wrap off 10-20yrs from now if you sell it..but i think it adds to the car like the vinyl roof's of the older 60's car. they were fads too, but they have a distinct look to them...
if i had an OF 2018 GT i would wrap the roof, just sayin.

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
On my Grabber orange I did Silver Stripe and Silver wheels to match and I loved it. I may do that same set up on a New Fury :-)

Sponsored

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
IMO if you do the black roof, then I think it would look better with the black rims.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Not sure how it impacts performance packages but when I did the build and price just for fun I went with orange fury with the black roof and accent package. Looked great right from factory. If I had the budget and were at a place in my life to buy this car that's what I'd be buying.

OP
OP
disneyfun1

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
On my Grabber orange I did Silver Stripe and Silver wheels to match and I loved it. I may do that same set up on a New Fury :-)
do you have a pic you can share of that?

CrunchMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible (when available)
I live in SE Michigan and so I see some of the Ford guys driving upcoming cars on the road. This morning I saw a 2018 Orange Fury GT convertible that was just pulling out of a parking spot. It must have had the active exhaust on "loud" because it sounded great and the black vert roof on top of the Orange body looking really good. I didn't get a chance to snap a picture unfortunately but it was a helluva nice look.