NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I think the best part of buying a base GT, is that you're buying a base GT.

You can order-up the 301A for the better sound system and center console screen, but you skip tons of weight-adding and problem-creating stuff like the heated and cooled seats, auto climate-control, etc.

I'd think a base GT, with 301A and PP1 is just about the perfect car. Maybe add in the Magneride.
Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Had a base v6 that I swapped leather takeoffs into. Having tried the base cloth and premium leathers out 1st hand, I much preferred the leather. My 17 GTPP has leather recaros, which I actually find more comfortable then the stock seats. I also think they're made out of different material than the premium leather. They actually feel and smell like leather. To each their own though, we all have preferences.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Any opinions on base cloth vs Recarro?
I have a 15 GT/PP with cloth Recaros, to me they were not really worth the extra money and should have stayed the the stock seats.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Thanks, I like the leather but I live in a horribly hot place and am concerned about the service life. The main thing putting me off cloth is my cat infestation.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Coming from a premium with my 15' to a 301a equipped base with cloth on my 18',I do not really miss the leather.

I do already have an appointment next week to take it in to the dealer to have the passenger front seat recovered as the seat material is loose. Ford says it is a warranty issue obviously.

Sponsored

rf_ross

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2017 Chevy Colorado

You can order-up the 301A for the better sound system and center console screen, but you skip tons of weight-adding and problem-creating stuff like the heated and cooled seats, auto climate-control, etc.

I'd think a base GT, with 301A and PP1 is just about the perfect car. Maybe add in the Magneride.
Yes! (I also wish Magneride was available as a standalone option that didn't require the PP). For me, my current car with Magneride added would be ideal.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
I have a 15 GT/PP with cloth Recaros, to me they were not really worth the extra money and should have stayed the the stock seats.
I have some seats I would love to swap with you, then haha.
Too bad you're so far away.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have some seats I would love to swap with you, then haha.
Too bad you're so far away.
+1. I'd swap for recaros.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Zero complaints about my base cloth seats. They hold me in place pretty well but I am not a small guy. 6'1", 230 lbs so thick guy that does not slide around much. Large frame not a chunky monkey. LOL. The bolsters fit my frame well. I've read that guys my size don't like the fitment of the Recaros due to the width restrictions of the bolsters. I have never sat in the Recaros.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Coming from a 401a '15 with leather, my 301a '18 seats feel a lot better. They feel tighter and more hugging up my back. I didn't want leather again. The cooled seats were a joke, and I don't drive it during the winter months so no need for heaters either.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Zero complaints about my base cloth seats. They hold me in place pretty well but I am not a small guy. 6'1", 230 lbs so thick guy that does not slide around much. Large frame not a chunky monkey. LOL. The bolsters fit my frame well. I've read that guys my size don't like the fitment of the Recaros due to the width restrictions of the bolsters. I have never sat in the Recaros.
You'd be surprised. I'm very similar size/build and I find them comfortable to be in. One of my best friends has them so I get a regular comparison.

Pulpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black GT
I bought the 301a package with the intent of upgrading the seats to leather. I like the cloth seats so much I have decided against it.

Pulpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black GT

This was my exact thinking also, 301a is the best value/ optioned....you forgot to add the active exhaust

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

301a gets you the dual/auto climate..:cool:

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
I had the Recaro's in my 15 car and they were fine.

With the new 18 car both my wife and I couldn't be happier with the cloth seats in the PP2 car. It's nice having the power and the added space for my love handles! hahaha
Sponsored