Sponsored

Opinions on S197.2 from former owners

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Have a whipple 19 premium 10speed now its great but i miss my old 13 manual procharged mustang every day. I feel like the old car had more personality like a schizophrenic crack head and the 19 is just fast and not as dramatic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JoeSpeed

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
Have a whipple 19 premium 10speed now its great but i miss my old 13 manual procharged mustang every day. I feel like the old car had more personality like a schizophrenic crack head and the 19 is just fast and not as dramatic.
ya got me interested choom, how was it a schizo crackhead exactly?

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
My 2015 Premium GT was a giant interior improvement - my 2021 base GT - that interior sucks, I have been slowly replacing all the base trim with nicer factory stuff....pretty amazingly huge difference little things like door panels and upholstery will make overall.
I've replaced upholstery to OEM leatherette. Looking for door panel replacements. What is the best place to get them for cheap?

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I've replaced upholstery to OEM leatherette. Looking for door panel replacements. What is the best place to get them for cheap?
Watch the ebay auctions - dealership cost on door panels is really, really, really high. Example - my 2021 base mustang LH is about 600 bucks, RH is 1900 or so...for some reason. And that's COST - they're expensive, and they usually go obsolete pretty quickly. Ebay or salvage yards....although, salvage yards are harder and harder to deal with / get a good deal since they like to inventory their stuff, and they know what they have/what they can get for it. Pick & pull type places historically don't have decent mustangs in their inventory for some reason.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JoeSpeed

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
Why Im picky, no base

Anyone do Watts-link btw? Any opinions on it?

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm a little late on this one, but I had a '14 GT Premium with the Brembo package and Recaros, with the MT-82, and I really enjoyed it. I didn't have a lot of issues with the transmission, but it did seem a little finicky at times.

I'll also say that the interior is a definite step up in my '18 GT premium, just more nicely designed and feels a little more quality. I didn't get the Recaros in the '18 because I wanted the heating and cooling, and because my gf found them uncomfortable in the '14, but I sometimes wish I'd gotten them in the '18.

The '14 seemed to have a presence that the '18 lacks - I had people comment on the '14 from time to time, even valets at fancy places, but no one has ever said anything about the '18. I prefer the looks of the '18, and it's head-and-shoulders better to be in. It is more comfortable, rides better, and is more planted. I got the A10 in the '18, and I like it, but miss the manual sometimes. The new gearing for the manual in '18 would have been tough for me to live with, though.

If I could buy the '14 back for cheap, and keep the '18, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I currently own both. I love both. The s197 is a lot easier to make go fast in a straight line. Parts are plentiful. My 22 is a huge upgrade for many of the reasons others have mentioned. The s197 can had for fairly reasonable price still and has a ton of appeal for those who liked the retro feel and style.

I'd let the 2014 go for the right price. The 22 is a keeper for the foreseeable future over what I have seen of the s650s

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
same applies to S550 - base is terrible to live with day to day.
Sorry, but I just can't agree there. Unlike Ford's other vehicles, the base S550 gets quite a few features that are normally locked behind packages or higher trim levels. Things like proxmity lock/unlock and LED headlamps being standard are unheard of in any other Ford model. Not only that, but you aren't really giving much up at all on the base model besides infotainment and nicer looking/higher quality plastic pieces, which I find very hard to care about. And the seats of course. The heated and cooled option is nice, but the base seats are still very comfortable and still have electric adjustment, a rare thing in base model vehicles across all brands. Hell, you even still get factory line lock and launch control (on manuals) without paying an extra penny. And auto dim rear view is standard too.

I'm honestly curious as to what you think is so hard to live with. Unless it's just the crappy textured plastic everywhere. Which I suppose if you're used to something luxurious, that might bother you.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
o/p. I can't help you, as my m/y 2020 is my first every mustang. but you have a bronco. what trim and how you like it. I am thinking of replacing my aging jeep g/c limited with a 2 door bronco. if the dealers every get off cloud 9. and back to reality.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
o/p. I can't help you, as my m/y 2020 is my first every mustang. but you have a bronco. what trim and how you like it. I am thinking of replacing my aging jeep g/c limited with a 2 door bronco. if the dealers every get off cloud 9. and back to reality.
And Ford gets their shit together. Give it another year or so...

Same boat here, have wanted a 2-door Bronco for a while now too, but I'm on the verge of just ordering another Wrangler due to the never ending nonsense.

OP
OP
JoeSpeed

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
And Ford gets their shit together. Give it another year or so...

Same boat here, have wanted a 2-door Bronco for a while now too, but I'm on the verge of just ordering another Wrangler due to the never ending nonsense.
My friends who have/had wranglers love my Bronco, they’d advise you to wait

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My friends who have/had wranglers love my Bronco, they’d advise you to wait
It's been a thought, since it won't be a driver and I don't really need it, not to mention my two JKs were lemons for the most part...

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
OP
OP
JoeSpeed

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
It's been a thought, since it won't be a driver and I don't really need it, not to mention my two JKs were lemons for the most part...
EBA4DFB8-55EA-46A3-87AC-12E305EED57D.jpeg

I hear ya. Trust me, 2.3 with a manual is a fun beast, and I drove her to florida and back and going again for Jeep beach soon

They love me down there, so many one fingered salutes by jealous Jeepers :p
Sponsored