Opinions on carbon fiber or not?

conza03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Con
Vehicle(s)
2021 S550 GT
I was hoping I could get some help/opinions from some of the distinguished forum members!

I have an Iconic silver gt500 w/ black painted stripes. I have ordered various carbon fiber parts and Iā€™m starting to have second thoughts. The first part I received that was on back order was the rear deck lid that I immediately took to my ppf installer. I was excited to install it, but after I got it on I just wasnā€™t sure? Asked my wife and she thought it looked good with the wing. I can see that, but not sure how it flows into the taillights and looks with the black stripes. So now I kinda wonder if it wonā€™t flow well with the carbon fiber front bumper insert and carbon fiber hood scoops as well? I think the black looks mean and I may just prefer it and hell itā€™s cheaper :)

I donā€™t have any good pictures prior to installing the new rear piece, but I will include what I have.

Opinions, please and thank you!!!
8A008732-4962-4E18-A0ED-3ED5C130014E.jpeg
94DB05A1-92C9-4106-BFFC-134213A1EA02.jpeg
BE70FD4B-75F3-4F8D-96E1-36042F93F7B6.jpeg
105BA706-8630-4C37-9A3A-A1C0A705BB59.jpeg
Visually you have added another color. Its probably messing with you a bit. The black brings it back to 2 colors.

misuracaf10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP
I Plan on adding the CF to my track pack. i saw it on a car in the track attack and it looked awesome. I dont have stripes either so maybe that helps it look better. I like the added CF

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It won't hold it's value lol it's a Furd
Really......

Anyway, OP..... isn't this thread moot? I saw you were selling the deck lid finish panel in the classifieds

Sponsored

clg82

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Really......

Anyway, OP..... isn't this thread moot? I saw you were selling the deck lid finish panel in the classifieds
Yes really...just the reality with these cars, their not going to be collectors unless it's 30 years from now, it's a CFTP and it only has 100 miles on it....

misuracaf10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP
Yes really...just the reality with these cars, their not going to be collectors unless it's 30 years from now, it's a CFTP and it only has 100 miles on it....
Do you think this will be the case with this crazy transition to EV? part of me thinks that it will not happen as quickly as we are being told

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'd prefer black; I think it ties in with the stripes better. CF and silver/grey are close to one another shade-wise. In general, two like shades against one another often don't pair well. Contrast (black/silver) does.

BrakeFade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E39 M5, '21 CFTP GT500
Oem panel just flows better, imo. Like others have said, a CF rear diffuser would probably look good as it doesnā€™t break up the look being on the bottom of the car. And CF wickers in the front might not look bad eitherā€¦..

clg82

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Do you think this will be the case with this crazy transition to EV? part of me thinks that it will not happen as quickly as we are being told
I think the EV push is a trend that one brand started and everyone is starting to follow suit. I think it's going to take a hell of a lot longer than whatever dates they've been setting because getting every household to get a charger set up in their garage is impossible, and also the countries infrastructure alone isn't capable of everyone plugging in a tesla to charge every night.
Sponsored