Sponsored

Opinions/Guidance on GT350

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
look at the tires yourself. Mine with 7K has tires that look close to new, as most of those miles were roadtrips and no track time.

The clutch would be my main worry, as that can't be inspected.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ATLFalconGT

ATLFalconGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Avalanche
I looked @ that car. The manager told me over the phone the car was new @ MSRP ...So yeah I went over and looked @ it. The car had been sold and the guys check was bad. He drove it for 5500 miles before it was returned. Get a copy of the oil change from service. I passed on that car. Even @ MSRP it's not a good deal. The Atlanta market sucks when it comes to price. If you look 100 miles outside of Atlanta you might be able to find one @ MSRP with no miles. I got one in Lagrange Ga. @ MSRP. Getting back to the black car...they wouldn't even let me drive it ..fuk them. The dealer is 5 miles down the road and I've never bought a Shelby from them. They are always the highest price in the whole Atlanta market. The management @ that stealership....never tells the truth on anything. Try Tidwell Ford.
How can they sell it new if it was sold. Regardless of the guys check

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
How can they sell it new if it was sold. Regardless of the guys check
That's a question that the dealer doesn't want to answer. The salesman who I trust told me the history of the car. Like I said the manager told me the car was new and come on out and look @ it. He never mentioned the miles over the phone. Ask to see the MSO certificate and look @ the service records if any. They had two other 350's @ the time and were $10k over. I don't trust that dealership on anything they say. I have bought from the salesman like 12 years ago. He has been there a long time and is straight but has to put up with the management. He couldn't believe they would not let me drive the thing either. I'm retired and not a tire kicker. buyer beware on this car.

OP
OP
ATLFalconGT

ATLFalconGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just left there. Definitely would need some paint correction and tires soon. Definitely a no go. They said they were too deep in it to be able to offer anything off MSRP. Nice guy, but they will be sitting on it for a while. May take a trip to look at an Avalanche Grey with black stripes. It has the painted black roof, not sure how I feel about the roof though until I see it in person.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Check out Bossing's thread. His has the black roof and looks damn good. I saw the same combo this morning at caffeine and octane.

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
AG is my favorite. :thumbsup: GL op

Daniele767676

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I would strongly advise against it.
Once I decided to get a GT350, it only took me one day and contacting ca. 20 delerships in the DFW area to find a 16 Tech pack at MRSP, with 5mls on and 6mins of "on" time.
5k means a used car. The engine whilst not delicate is certainly not mainstream and should be treated with respect (warming up, breaking in etc.).
Also, even babing the car I have already scratched the front splitter and one side skirt here and there after 400miles. Cannot imagine how 5k of dealer miles mean. Doubt that it has been hand washed over this period.

Good luck!

OP
OP
ATLFalconGT

ATLFalconGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've called around to a lot of dealerships. While not close by I may have found 2 dealerships with 17's at MSRP. First conversations indicate MSRP, will know more on Tuesday. One of them in addition to the 2017 GT350 told me they never markup and they have a 16 race red GT350 and a 16 Race red GT 350R.

If anyone is interested in the R PM me and I will send you the details

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350. Shadow Black, Track Pack.
I just left there. Definitely would need some paint correction and tires soon. Definitely a no go. They said they were too deep in it to be able to offer anything off MSRP. Nice guy, but they will be sitting on it for a while. May take a trip to look at an Avalanche Grey with black stripes. It has the painted black roof, not sure how I feel about the roof though until I see it in person.
While I agree that you shouldn't buy the car from them at MSRP, they definitely won't be sitting on it for a while. They would rather sell it to a retail customer so they get the holdback, but they can sell it at Manheim for $58-$60,000. The used market is better than the new market on 16's right now. I paid MSRP for a Track Pack and sold mine for $60000 to a dealer in Birmingham. I have my car dealers license and have access to Manheim. They were 2 that sold last week for $60000 and one had 7,000 miles. IF you can find a new one for MSRP, buy it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ATLFalconGT

ATLFalconGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While I agree that you shouldn't buy the car from them at MSRP, they definitely won't be sitting on it for a while. They would rather sell it to a retail customer so they get the holdback, but they can sell it at Manheim for $58-$60,000. The used market is better than the new market on 16's right now. I paid MSRP for a Track Pack and sold mine for $60000 to a dealer in Birmingham. I have my car dealers license and have access to Manheim. They were 2 that sold last week for $60000 and one had 7,000 miles. IF you can find a new one for MSRP, buy it.

Picked up an Avalanche Gray today for 1500 over sticker. I'm happier than pig in shit, this is a bad ass machine.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So a local dealer has a shadow black/white stripes tech package selling at MSRP. The problem is, the car has 5k miles on it but has never been titled so they are selling it as new. I'm trying to see if they will come down a little off sticker but I'm not sure they will do it. Besides the fact that the Tires are expensive and already have 5k miles on them is there anything else I should be looking for? I'm waiting on an explanation of where those miles came from. There are a few dealers close by that are asking $2-$3k Markup.
I wouldn't touch it. At this point, tech packs value is up in the air. (Yes, I've got one) Also, given this statement from an earlier post: "I looked @ that car. The manager told me over the phone the car was new @ MSRP ...So yeah I went over and looked @ it. The car had been sold and the guys check was bad. He drove it for 5500 miles before it was returned."- I'd say it's a no brainer. (Only buy it if you are a no brainer!)

XKRJAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT, 02 Tbird, 06 XKR
I agree that I'd pay $3k to have a new one. That said, I don't blame the dealer for not taking less than MSRP either. Here's the auction listing of what they've been bringing used to dealers (and dealer has auction fees, shipping and any markup for profit on top of this)

6/15/16 Manheim Detroit Lease $48,700 9,418 Below BLUE 8G 6 No
06/15/16 Manheim Detroit Lease $49,600 11,173 Below ORANGE
06/15/16 Manheim Detroit Lease $56,700 6,797 Below BLACK
06/15/16 Manheim Detroit Lease $59,800 7,150 Avg GRAY
06/15/16 Manheim Detroit Lease $83,500 9,959 Above BLACK
06/22/16 Manheim Nashville Regular $57,500 988 Avg WHITE
06/28/16 Manheim Orlando Regular $60,000 573 Above GRAY
06/29/16 Manheim Detroit Lease $60,000 7,284 Above GRAY
07/01/16 Manheim Pennsylvania Regular $58,750 21 Avg BLACK

The "above, Below, avg" means condition, and the clean cars look to be bringing MSRP, the below ones listed are likley pretty rough, not just paint correction, but likely dings and splitter damage. Also the one high priced odd ball is likely an R as they don't break those out of the group.
Sponsored