Sponsored

Opinions Engine oil for ROUSH stage 2 blower 5W50?

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The problem with relying a typical oem is that their criteria and mine are different. They’re prioritizing cat life and fuel economy over engine failure prevention and wear….not to mention I don’t think roush really did the same level of analysis as any “actual” oem.

Us putting random stuff outside recommended specs is just guessing.
Er, not exactly random. I’ve researched oil specifications quite a bit so I know exactly what it means and what I’m getting when I say I will only use ACEA A3/B4 in performance applications.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
The problem with relying a typical oem is that their criteria and mine are different. They’re prioritizing cat life and fuel economy over engine failure prevention and wear….not to mention I don’t think roush really did the same level of analysis as any “actual” oem.

Er, not exactly random. I’ve researched oil specifications quite a bit so I know exactly what it means and what I’m getting when I say I will only use ACEA A3/B4 in performance applications.
For sure, it's your choices and after all motul 300v is outstanding oil, very solid choice over more "conventional" options. I'm just pointing that it's not what roush/ford recommend as far as specs are concerned.

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I don’t trust anything that’s not API or ACEA certified.

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Engine oil and an almost comical level of overthinking go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Sponsored

Boosted21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
Brand is not a big deal but I would look into the European blends if I was you.
Im boosting my 2021 Gt making over 700 wheel I don’t see why I couldn’t use this too. Ford recommends the dogshit 5w-30 synthetic blend. What do you think?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Anybody using liquid moly, any pros and cons for this one?
I've used the 10w-60 in my scooter. Dynoed at 112 HP. I sent a couple of samples to Blackstone and it is good to 8K + miles. I treat this bike like I stole it.
I've used their 0w-40 in my cars and find nothing wrong with it except for the current pricing. I'm going with 5w-40 Castrol A3/B4 next time around. The scoot gets Liqui Moly 10-60 only. Which is also A3/B4 certified.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ford recommends the dogshit 5w-30 synthetic blend.
That oil is far better than you give it credit for. I use it when it's on sale, and have been using it for years on a few of our vehicles.

I know of a few cars boosted for the past 3-4 years using 5W-20, and they are still running like new and the engines are perfect mechanical condition. One of them even does a couple track sessions each season.

Just because there's supercharger on it, doesn't mean you NEED 5W-50. There's a LOT more to it than that.

Use what makes you feel confident. I wouldn't use 0W-10 or 0W-16.....
Sponsored