Sponsored

Opinion and Fair price? Considering 2015 GT Whipple

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I'm an S550 newbie, first post...looking at this or waiting to find the right 2018 GT Premium. It will be a semi-daily driver.

Can you please help a newbie out with your opinion on a fair price? Any warnings I should know about for this year or these mods? Thank you in advance.

2015 Whipple Stg 2 Ford Mustang Magnetic Metallic GT Premium w/Black Leather Interior, Enthusiast condition
5,000mi

Options and Upgrades:
-- Automatic
-- 401A Upgrade Package w/Shaker Pro
-- Whipple Stage 2 Supercharger kit w/Whipple Flare tool, tune and software
-- Ford Performance street handling pack and lowering springs (1" lower)
-- Borla S-Type 3" cat back exhaust w/black tips
-- JLT catch cans (not pictured)
-- GT 350R steering wheel
-- Red powder coated brake calipers front and rear
-- Drilled and slotted brake rotors w/ceramic pads
-- Tinted windows and turn signals
-- Lots of other appearance mods (Red stitching in the seats and dash, Ford Performance valve covers and hood struts, Moroso fuse box and master cylinder reservoir covers, Mishmoto coolant overflow tank, MMD fuel door, red paddle shifters, alcantara shifter boot, alcantara e-brake boot, alcantara console cover, GT 350 Start button, more)
-- Factory parts to put the car back to stock
-- Borla longtube adapter pipes
-- Factory and aftermarket wheels and tires included!

Wheels and Tires:
-- Velgen VMB8 20x9 and 20x10.5 in matte silver
-- Nitto NT555 G2 255/35ZR20 and 295/35ZR20
AND
-- 20x9 Magnetic Foundry Whees
-- Pirelli PZero 265/35R20
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The car certainly seems to have the right parts on it, sounds a lot like my car. Hard to put a price on it, I can only tell you what I have into mine. :frusty:

I'm an S550 newbie, first post...looking at this or waiting to find the right 2018 GT Premium. It will be a semi-daily driver.

Can you please help a newbie out with your opinion on a fair price? Any warnings I should know about for this year or these mods? Thank you in advance.

2015 Whipple Stg 2 Ford Mustang Magnetic Metallic GT Premium w/Black Leather Interior, Enthusiast condition
5,000mi

Options and Upgrades:
-- Automatic
-- 401A Upgrade Package w/Shaker Pro
-- Whipple Stage 2 Supercharger kit w/Whipple Flare tool, tune and software
-- Ford Performance street handling pack and lowering springs (1" lower)
-- Borla S-Type 3" cat back exhaust w/black tips
-- JLT catch cans (not pictured)
-- GT 350R steering wheel
-- Red powder coated brake calipers front and rear
-- Drilled and slotted brake rotors w/ceramic pads
-- Tinted windows and turn signals
-- Lots of other appearance mods (Red stitching in the seats and dash, Ford Performance valve covers and hood struts, Moroso fuse box and master cylinder reservoir covers, Mishmoto coolant overflow tank, MMD fuel door, red paddle shifters, alcantara shifter boot, alcantara e-brake boot, alcantara console cover, GT 350 Start button, more)
-- Factory parts to put the car back to stock
-- Borla longtube adapter pipes
-- Factory and aftermarket wheels and tires included!

Wheels and Tires:
-- Velgen VMB8 20x9 and 20x10.5 in matte silver
-- Nitto NT555 G2 255/35ZR20 and 295/35ZR20
AND
-- 20x9 Magnetic Foundry Whees
-- Pirelli PZero 265/35R20

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I've got a 3,000 mile 2015 premium with a Whipple and a bunch of other mods and wouldn't even think of selling for anything less than 35k.

OP
OP
sdiver68

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove this car on Friday. The owner is a Mustang fanatic and the car in show car condition...definitely far better than new (unless completely detailed and spent it's whole life inside on the showroom floor). Beautiful. I wanted to love this car. Visually, care and parts wise, it's a tour de force!

Then came the test drive. It just felt under-powered and disconnected not only in power but handling. Yet I know the owner has kept ahead on all maintenance, all the software updates from Whipple done, the suspension and brake upgrades are all new this Spring. Super nice guy, I want to tell him my thoughts but don't want to rip on his baby. So after the drive I felt defeated and was never going to post here for all the flames of not knowing anything. :headbonk:

Then we test drove a 2018 GT 10spd Perf Pack I on Saturday. Now THIS is the car the reviews promised! It was everything I was hoping for and even more. And it didn't even have the Magneride I really want!

So, after thinking about it and scratching my head I can only come to 2 conclusions. The new 10spd Auto is far, far ahead of the 6 spd. Now that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because the 6 spd is a quality ZF unit. But I'm a Mustang newbie. Or, there was something wrong with the modified car which I highly doubt. This is the kind of long time Mustang enthusiast who would hear a tiny brake squeak after it rained and replace the pads and rotors immediately.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
The Whippled '15 should be dyno tuned by a true professional that tunes these cars daily to get it where it should perform.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I test drove this car on Friday. The owner is a Mustang fanatic and the car in show car condition...definitely far better than new (unless completely detailed and spent it's whole life inside on the showroom floor). Beautiful. I wanted to love this car. Visually, care and parts wise, it's a tour de force!

Then came the test drive. It just felt under-powered and disconnected not only in power but handling. Yet I know the owner has kept ahead on all maintenance, all the software updates from Whipple done, the suspension and brake upgrades are all new this Spring. Super nice guy, I want to tell him my thoughts but don't want to rip on his baby. So after the drive I felt defeated and was never going to post here for all the flames of not knowing anything. :headbonk:

Then we test drove a 2018 GT 10spd Perf Pack I on Saturday. Now THIS is the car the reviews promised! It was everything I was hoping for and even more. And it didn't even have the Magneride I really want!

So, after thinking about it and scratching my head I can only come to 2 conclusions. The new 10spd Auto is far, far ahead of the 6 spd. Now that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because the 6 spd is a quality ZF unit. But I'm a Mustang newbie. Or, there was something wrong with the modified car which I highly doubt. This is the kind of long time Mustang enthusiast who would hear a tiny brake squeak after it rained and replace the pads and rotors immediately.

Thoughts?
No way should an 18 feel faster than a 15 whipple gt. No way!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of people say the 18 10 speed feels just about as fast as their supercharged 15-17 so that could be true, but the car also probably isn't tuned to it's potential if it feels that weak.

Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Lots of people say the 18 10 speed feels just about as fast as their supercharged 15-17 so that could be true, but the car also probably isn't tuned to it's potential if it feels that weak.
Not True,a Whipple 2015-2017 Mustang Gt Auto with a set of tires will run mid 10 second et all day long.Just Saying!

OP
OP
sdiver68

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
OK forgot to mention, it was set @ -10% in the Whipple software. Didn't mention because I still should have felt it. But that narrows the gap somewhat.

What I'm seeing so far is the transmission makes some difference but there is something else going on. It's academic at this point, Wife wants the new one. Just searching for answers that I possibly can learn from when I S/C the new one. :)

I appreciate everyone's input!

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
That's a large reduction having the Whipple flare program reduced by 10%. The Whipple scale is not a full scale meaning their reduction only goes to 25% max which equates to almost no power in that gear. If he is set up 10% in all gears, that is a significant power reduction (you have way less than 90% power). I would ask to try it unrestricted in all gears.

The 18 10 speed is also hard to pass up on and that's coming from a life long manual guy.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
OK forgot to mention, it was set @ -10% in the Whipple software. Didn't mention because I still should have felt it. But that narrows the gap somewhat.

What I'm seeing so far is the transmission makes some difference but there is something else going on. It's academic at this point, Wife wants the new one. Just searching for answers that I possibly can learn from when I S/C the new one. :)

I appreciate everyone's input!
Buy the 2018 if it makes you and wife happy and add a Whipple Supercharger later.It is only money.LOL
Lethal performance just went 10:36 ET 136MPH with their 2018 Whipple Mustang.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Not True,a Whipple 2015-2017 Mustang Gt Auto with a set of tires will run mid 10 second et all day long.Just Saying!
It doesn't matter what it runs if it feels like shit doing it. Plenty have upgraded from manual Whippled 15-17s and say the 18 feels faster in their opinion. Is it 100% faster? No, it shouldn't be but most of driving is the way it feels.
Sponsored