Sponsored

OPG & CS Installation Poll -- Have you upgraded these parts?

Are you running boost on stock OPG / CS?

• Total voters

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Seems you are the only person who actually has broken a gear in this thread, I would think someone would post, " get one because I didn't and now my motor is screwed up"
The gear is broken, because I did the "drop test" at 6' of height. Took two drops to split the gear. The gear did not break while installed in the car.
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I sent an email to Boundary regarding the damaged gears in @80FoxCoupe old engine. Once I hear back from them I will post up. Lot's of people running the Boundary's so I'd like to know myself If a bad batch went out, or if it was simply a unique occurrence.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I sent an email to Boundary regarding the damaged gears in @80FoxCoupe old engine. Once I hear back from them I will post up. Lot's of people running the Boundary's so I'd like to know myself If a bad batch went out, or if it was simply a unique occurrence.
Eeek...

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Three other S550 owners I hang with and I have been boosted 2, 3, 3, and 4 years. Two of the guys would frequent the drag strip before this virus, fear mongering BS came along. All of us have the stock OPG and CSS's and have no issues. Another younger guy that we knew and saw on a fairly regular basis would absolutely beat the sh*t out of his 17 GT like he hated it. Went through two transmissions, and bounced off the rev limiter more times than he can count, (his own words) and he never had problems with the stock OPG or CSS. I know they can break so I don't think it's a bad idea to upgrade them, I just didn't feel like doing it. You usually only see posts or hear about the few that break, and not the many, many more that don't.

Last edited:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Tss opg and crank sprocket here since my previous n/a build on my current car. Now I’m at 750 whp on 93+ octane booster in every tankful. When adding power I always addressed the known weak points of my set ups. No issues after 4 straight Mustangs. Nothing worse then having a catastrophic failure happen that could have been prevented.

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
The gear is broken, because I did the "drop test" at 6' of height. Took two drops to split the gear. The gear did not break while installed in the car.
Exactly, that's my point.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Many boosted cars have lost their motors with the stock opg’s. Its like trying put 1000whp down with a stock motor. If your boosted with stock opg’s your playing Russian Roulette with your motor. There’s nothing wrong with having some insurance..

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Broken stock gears 2019 Hellion twin turbo A10 car. No drag strip mostly 40 and 60 rolls. About 5k miles. The car didn’t get taken out and not see boost. I think it was track mode with the hard downshifts all the time after a pass but it went on an up shift. Rod knock and cam journal wiped. Was making about 825rwhp
F379DB64-E99B-4E12-80C1-F55A6C4598C1.jpeg

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Broken stock gears 2019 Hellion twin turbo A10 car. No drag strip mostly 40 and 60 rolls. About 5k miles. The car didn’t get taken out and not see boost. I think it was track mode with the hard downshifts all the time after a pass but it went on an up shift. Rod knock and cam journal wiped. Was making about 825rwhp
F379DB64-E99B-4E12-80C1-F55A6C4598C1.jpeg
What rpms was this seeing and did it still have factory balancer or a aftermarket one?? That things more busted than a meth heads mouth. Lol

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
What rpms was this seeing and did it still have factory balancer or a aftermarket one?? That things more busted than a meth heads mouth. Lol
Factory balancer. Whatever the stock shift points are. No two step. Not bouncing off the rev limiter. Like I said I think it had more to do with track mode. I would run it in track as opposed to sport or drag because of how the shifts weren’t too hard and wouldn’t break the tires loose like the other modes but it was real aggressive in the downshifts when I would brake after a run. A lot of engine breaking. A lot of RPM changes. My only guess as from what’s I “read” these shouldn’t have broken on a gen 3 with turbos. The weakest part of the engine is still the weakest part. Wish I had but I planned on a Sleeved shortblock in a year or two anyways so I wasn’t too pissed

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Damn. Yea. Then downshifts next a little aggressive sometimes. Hmm. That’s crazy. Sorry to hear that man
Sponsored