Sponsored

Open/Close Windows

kosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
Hey so I have a premium 50 year package on my ebm and I know holding the unlock button on key will open the windows but the lock one won't close them is it just me or am I missing something it's kind of stupi That it opens but won't close anyone has same thing?
Sponsored

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th
Yeah, that part is kind of stupid to me.....maybe just me......but if it works one way, it should work the other.

OP
OP

kosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
thats a stupid design its like a door that u can only walk in but cant walk out and u need a 2nd door makes no sense but w.e i live with it

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
it's to prevent stuck fingers. which doesn't make sense because i'm pretty sure other ford products allow you to do it.

perhaps it has something to do with the frameless windows. i think the framed windows have some sort of sensor that detects if there's a finger stuck so it will roll down

Sponsored

CheeseHead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP
It's kind of like how you can't roll the windows down with the remote once you've started the engine using the remote start.....That one confuses me too.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I noticed the same thing. I am curious if the remote can be programmed to close the windows as well. Maybe someone from Ford can chime in here.

comagt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's kind of like how you can't roll the windows down with the remote once you've started the engine using the remote start.....That one confuses me too.
But you can roll them down and then remote start.....I haven't found the logic behind that one yet.

The window up restriction I can understand. Rolling a window down carries no risk of injury or shattered glass. Rolling them up on the other hand does. You can't trust the owner to check first. :)

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
Not an option.....my wife's 2"13 Fusion will go up/down with remote but not my 15'Mustang

Makes sense. :headbonk:

JonnyK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium Ecoboost
I wondered the same thing. its called global open close. kind of stupid to only go down.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I NEVER have windows down other than drive-thrus, I'm definitely not siding with Ford but would raising with the remote just be if you forgot to close them and remembered while walking away or if parked with windows open and it started raining while still in remote range? I don't even open them with the remote when returning to a hot car. In AZ wouldn't help cooling much to go from 180 to 175 inside temp unless there is a hurricane force side wind.