Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to give you guys a quick write up/review. Been looking for a replacement to the stock lugs for some time.

I did purchase the titanium set from 50 deep. And although amazing... just too pricey for me and I sold them. After asking around @honeybadger recommended these.

https://www.opmustang.com/store/p315/14mmHighStrengthRacingLugNuts.html#/

Nothing fancy however just good quality racing lugs. Came well packaged and installed beautifully. Plus you do not need to torque the hell out of them like the stock ones.

As you can see the old ones are all rounded off and ready to fail. Glad I did it when I did. And at that price point the OP is a nice option if you dont want to spend the titanium price tag.

PXL_20200928_191045317.jpg

PXL_20201003_155400258.jpg

PXL_20201003_161218660.jpg

PXL_20201003_161854164.jpg

PXL_20201004_234247426.jpg
Sponsored

Sponsored

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Talk about timing! I just received a set last week and installed them while bleeding the brakes this weekend. I too, was impressed by them, and surprised at how much easier they were to install - both from the reduced torque value to get the same clamping force (OP Mustang recommended starting with 110 and checking) - and the fact that they are 3/4" drive and allow much more gap between the socket and the wheel.

The threads seemed to be formed better than the OEM nuts with less slop. I guess these nuts don't really solve the issue of alignment shops running impacts though. With the OEM nuts, the impacts can swell the lug nut such that the 21 mm socket won't fit anymore, but now, if a shop uses an impact, they will probably be way over torqued.

They don't cover the lugs (open ended), but I can't really even see that with my car on the ground. I was concerned that it might be a bit goofy looking.

On the R, you might have more lug sticking out, but I don't see why they couldn't be used (aesthetics aside). And if you are using the stock carbons, do you end up with any extra lug? I could be mis-remembering, but I thought that was only a problem if you ran aftermarket wheels or base 350 wheels on the R.

At any rate, I second your opinion. I'm happy with them!

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
nice short nut but doesnt cover the studs of the R...
This is only an issue for aesthetic reasons. They don't come close to covering my MSI studs, but it's no biggie. I personally prefer this due to being able to see thread engagement - but there aren't any major pros/cons either direction from what I can think of.

Last edited: