Oopsie Daisy! What's this going to cost to repair? HPDE Misadventure

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
ACS Roval today, and on the last session ("bonus session"), my car went straight as I was trying to go left which resulted in an assault on my PP2 splitter by a big orange traffic cone. So I'm out on the straight and my hood starts fluttering over 130, which was weird 'cause it didn't do that all day. Then I saw this which explains why all that air was getting under my hood. Here's the damage (which I actually have a perverse sense of pride in since it happened on the track).

IMG_7184.jpg

IMG_7185.jpg

IMG_7186.jpg

IMG_7187.jpg

IMG_7188.jpg

IMG_7191.jpg

IMG_7192.jpg

Thanks for your input!
Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
It doesn’t look like a lot of damage. See what a body shop would charge to fix this cash. That way there’s not a hit on your car fax.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Should only be Push pins and U Clips.. if the bumper has broken in a few areas, then some fabrication might be needed.
My Wheel liner used to flap and hit the tire all the time, eventually wearing a hole..
You’ll need to remove the bumper, which is a pain if you haven’t done it before and already broken the side mount clips.. LOL

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Should only be Push pins and U Clips.. if the bumper has broken in a few areas, then some fabrication might be needed.
My Wheel liner used to flap and hit the tire all the time, eventually wearing a hole..
You’ll need to remove the bumper, which is a pain if you haven’t done it before and already broken the side mount clips.. LOL
I hope the bumper is ok - I think it is because this was car vs. traffic cone and I think traffic cone went for a little ride under the splitter until it shook loose.

Thanks for the input

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
It doesn't look too bad. I would raise the car and drop the PP2 lower and upper splitters. See what sort of damage happened in there. Looks like some fasteners pulled through holes or tabs may have got broken. You should be able to fix that up easy.

One of these victory marking decals may be appropriate for your bumper now, or outside your "cockpit" if you're into decals:
1670248525284.png

1670248388486.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't look too bad. I would raise the car and drop the PP2 lower and upper splitters. See what sort of damage happened in there. Looks like some fasteners pulled through holes or tabs may have got broken. You should be able to fix that up easy.

One of these victory marking decals may be appropriate for your bumper now, or outside your "cockpit" if you're into decals:
1670248525284.png

1670248388486.png
Where can I get one those? That is great! I'm not into decals, but those I would put on my car.

And thanks for the reply.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Sponsored
OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Bruh, not to get ot, but every time I see your screen name I lol a little bit....
cVhEIX9ttLvT.gif
I have watched that scene probably a hundred times or more and it still makes me laugh.

Deleted member 69033

The dudes face on the left when he says he has a wife..... He's like "oh God please no...." 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Deleted member 69033

So did you get the car fixed? Back to the issue at hand Mr. Dickus....

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
So did you get the car fixed? Back to the issue at hand Mr. Dickus....
Fellow forum member 1 Old Racer and I are going to tackle it tomorrow morning. He has a lift in his garage. Report to follow.

Deleted member 69033

A lift for my barn is definitely on my short list of things I want.... They make life so much easier. My barn only has a 9 ft cieling tho, but still beats jacking a car up.

Good luck.
Sponsored