Sponsored

Only 1000 Mach 1’s for Model Year 2021?

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Thank you for sharing. Can't see window sticker but is there an ADM? Just curious. Have to say that I'm really starting to dislike FJG. Back when they teased it, I thought it looked fantastic but since have changed my mind completely. I would go Iconic Silver and if I wanted a "bright" color, I'd go Velocity Blue.
I *think* the sticker is about $58K, IIRC, so I think they have one of those markups of about $1400 for the dealer add-ons like interior protection and that type of stuff.
Sponsored

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Have to say that I'm really starting to dislike FJG
I fell in love with that color when I first saw the pics...but it seems like 90% of the Mach Ones that are arriving are that color! Ugh lol...

Really annoys me that the promo pics all had the handling package wheels and rear spoiler...by the time I realized my car wasn't going to have those, it was too late. Ford really dropped the ball on releasing the handling package information.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
IIRC, a smaller dealer might not get an allocation depending on total sales volume. I've run into this before and don't remember all the specifics.

Ordering one of these shouldn't be a problem.....

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
It looks like a perpetually dirty 'white'. several hues darker gray would have been better IMO. The GT350 Avalanche was pretty pale but clearly a gray.
It looks kinda bland to me and don't like the green hue it has, though mine it entirely green. Will make my final judgement when I see one in person

0wen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Owen
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, MX-5 30th Anniversary
That's impossible, there's been pictures with chassis number above 1000 already. Most people here have build dates in March-May. Unless it means 1000 units for USA which could mean 2000 units or so worldwide.
I think you could be right - that might just be USA units.
I think the Ford Australia DeskDrive video on the other thread mentioned 700 units for Australia about a minute and a half before the end. We could be getting 300 in the UK (based on what my dealer told me), so if the US number is correct then that's 2000 before Europe and other markets.

So maybe ~2500-3000 in total?

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I fell in love with that color when I first saw the pics...but it seems like 90% of the Mach Ones that are arriving are that color! Ugh lol...

Really annoys me that the promo pics all had the handling package wheels and rear spoiler...by the time I realized my car wasn't going to have those, it was too late. Ford really dropped the ball on releasing the handling package information.
Agree! On the track with handling pack it looks cool.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
though mine it entirely green.
Gotta Have It Green would have been a fantastic color for the Mach. The Lime could work and it would be a throw-back to the original "aqua'ish" they ran back then but the Lime is probably selling rather poorly.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Why would the Mach 1 be almost as limited as the Boss 302 Laguna Seca? Doesn't make sense to me.
No idea. But current world situation is a big questionmark regarding chips availability, car demand, emission fines here in EU, also the higher price. But if Australia were to get 700 units I'd guess USA gets at least 2-3k this year. There's huge demand for new Mustangs otherwise, they'd really have to make them this limited to make it sort of a promotion of the brand only. Other manufacturers make limited editions of 2-3k cars worldwide. We'll see, I guess.

so if the US number is correct then that's 2000 before Europe and other markets
I wonder how many units EU will get, considering the new 95 g/km emission limit and huge fines for manufacturers, lol. I was told in beginning of January we get only 10 cars, all dealer orders from day 1, so didn't hesitate and got one. Who knows if there'll be this good V8 car in the future... S650 hybrid V8 might not happen here or who knows how it'll look, best not to take any chances...

Last edited:

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I have seen a video that shows a dash tag that’s number 1001 and I have a build date for mine of May 17th. Just saying. 1000 units in 2021...I think not.

at the 2:50 mark.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Gotta Have It Green would have been a fantastic color for the Mach. The Lime could work and it would be a throw-back to the original "aqua'ish" they ran back then but the Lime is probably selling rather poorly.
Gulfstream Aqua, FTW.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
I have seen a video that shows a dash tag that’s number 1001 and I have a build date for mine of May 17th. Just saying. 1000 units in 2021...I think not.

at the 2:50 mark.
Build date of May 17 means at dealer ~early July?

OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
No idea. But current world situation is a big questionmark regarding chips availability, car demand, emission fines here in EU, also the higher price. But if Australia were to get 700 units I'd guess USA gets at least 2-3k this year. There's huge demand for new Mustangs otherwise, they'd really have to make them this limited to make it sort of a promotion of the brand only. Other manufacturers make limited editions of 2-3k cars worldwide. We'll see, I guess.

I wonder how many units EU will get, considering the new 95 g/km emission limit and huge fines for manufacturers, lol. I was told in beginning of January we get only 10 cars, all dealer orders from day 1, so didn't hesitate and got one. Who knows if there'll be this good V8 car in the future... S650 hybrid V8 might not happen here or who knows how it'll look, best not to take any chances...
The dealer made refernece to the chip shortage so I wonder if its a case of the shortage just really being that bad right now. They were told that the chips they do have will be placed into other more important vehicles in the line up hence the shortage of Mach 1's at least for this year. As for 2022 that is a whole other story. Hopefully, they will be able to crank a lot of them out for MY22'. If there is an overall shortage and that continues for a while many of the dealers are definitely going to turn up the ADM crap once they figure out what's happening....Gee, won't that be fun. Crazy times indeed!

The other thing they said that if this does happen then a lot of these cars that are being ordered not will not be built this model year so they may very well be pushed into MY22'. The Corvette C8 is having problems like this...different issues but they are affecting the number they can build......lots of problems over in that camp!

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
They were told that the chips they do have will be placed into other more important vehicles in the line up hence the shortage of Mach 1's at least for this year.
What's more important than Mach 1? :devil:
Sponsored