Sponsored

One Piece After Market Driveshaft

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
I have 0 increase in NVH with the QA1 carbon fiber drive shaft. Responsiveness and quicker rpms are obvious. This is my daily as well and when I reached out to QA1 about durability on a dd they mentioned they tested theirs locally and had it on year round though the snow / salt there in MN with no issues.
Looking at the design of Shaftmaster vs Steeda and you’ll see they look the same.

NVH,
It’s such a small increase that IMO it’s a non-issue. Your driving a modern domestic Hot Rod and honestly it gives this car exactly what it needs to feel like a Hot Rod and not some type of Powder Puff cushy feel.
Yup, I daily mine and when it snows I drive, flip to Snow/Wet mode and get on with life.
Thanks Guys! Good to know. Now to decide which one

Again much appreciated
Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
NVH,
It’s such a small increase that IMO it’s a non-issue. Your driving a modern domestic Hot Rod and........not some type of Powder Puff cushy feel.
I couldn't agree more. Why do you think Ford puts all that rubber in the stock shaft? Of course it's to give you that cushy feel in the cockpit.
It's a trade off....if you want that direct responsive feel from a 1 piece ds, you may add nvh, if you want stiffer lowered springs, you're adding harshness to the ride, if you want to tightened up the loose shifter and tranny connections, you may add some nvh, etc.....

You wanna play.......you gotta pay!

Reactions: A7X

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I couldn't agree more. Why do you think Ford puts all that rubber in the stock shaft? Of course it's to give you that cushy feel in the cockpit.
It's a trade off....if you want that direct responsive feel from a 1 piece ds, you may add nvh, if you want stiffer lowered springs, you're adding harshness to the ride, if you want to tightened up the loose shifter and tranny connections, you may add some nvh, etc.....

You wanna play.......you gotta pay!
You've got a point JohnBoyNC!

I had the FR short shifter put on and even though there's some NVH until I get up to speed, it's a wonderful change from the stock shifter.

I even found a way to stop the clicky sound when shifting that was driving me nuts, without having to change the plastic reverse collar

Thanks Guys!

OP
OP

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I'm quite interested in this thread. If I can get no NVH and a more immediate driving experience with more HP reaching the rear wheels this is a no brainer.

Also has anyone tried the Steeda 1 piece driveshaft? I've searched but any other opinions welcomed

My concern is NVH and whether this setup will be fine in winter driving (I have no backup car or room for one)
Check out the Dyni
I'm quite interested in this thread. If I can get no NVH and a more immediate driving experience with more HP reaching the rear wheels this is a no brainer.

Also has anyone tried the Steeda 1 piece driveshaft? I've searched but any other opinions welcomed

My concern is NVH and whether this setup will be fine in winter driving (I have no backup car or room for one)
I was told that DynoTech Driveshafts have Billet Ends that are made in house that makes a better balanced driveshaft.Just Saying

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Just went for a spirited drive between work. Its 108 out right now. With the QA1 CF DS she's as crisp and responsive as she was in the 50s on the stock DS. Of course flex tune running on ff helps it run cooler but been running that over a yr so that was in place before too. Definitely pleased with this mod.

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I was told that DynoTech Driveshafts have Billet Ends that are made in house that makes a better balanced driveshaft
Will you tell us who told you this ?

The Shaftmaster 3.50" I received was beyond expectation in both build quality and balance. All the talk about 1 pc. vibration in my case is a false argument.

OP
OP

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Will you tell us who told you this ?

The Shaftmaster 3.50" I received was beyond expectation in both build quality and balance. All the talk about 1 pc. vibration in my case is a false argument.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Not a fan of the front and rear Dynotech flange and attachment design. Just saying.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Since you are on the topic of driveshafts ... wanted to share a video review Bran did on the Steeda driveshaft:

Yes, shameless plus :)[/QUOTE

so want to pull the trigger on the Steeda DS

Sponsored

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Anyone that’s seen @that1320chick on YouTube, she’s got a sweet 18 A10 car that’s been 9.60. A place in Michigan called CCI Driveline made hers and it looks like nice piece and pretty affordable. If I didn’t already have the QA1 cf, that’s the route I would go. Just another option

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
99698F72-8DDB-4F22-A5B6-7ADBDF736345.jpeg
D1CE2854-F41C-418B-B45B-51534B6DF36A.jpeg
Could you post pictures of the Shaftmasters Driveshaft
The through hole steel inserts pressed into the aluminum hub is by far the best method for fastening. I’m not a fan of straight through holes bolted to aluminum especially at the transmission output flange.
The rear flange is machined steel and retains All 6 factory differential bolts as designed by Ford.
None of this silly BS where two locators are installed and only 4 of the 6 bolts attach the rear flange.

Last edited:

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I'll chime in here, I just had the ShaftMasters installed along with an MGW x-spec and a Spec stage 2+ clutch.

I actually had an NVH decrease. I had vibes at 68mph since new and it's gone. I ran up to around 100 and it's smooth as silk. The shifter actually vibrates less than the stock one with Steeda mount. You feel more of the mechanical action from the transmission but it doesn't vibrate like it used to.

Well worth the money imo.

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll chime in here, I just had the ShaftMasters installed along with an MGW x-spec and a Spec stage 2+ clutch.

I actually had an NVH decrease. I had vibes at 68mph since new and it's gone. I ran up to around 100 and it's smooth as silk. The shifter actually vibrates less than the stock one with Steeda mount. You feel more of the mechanical action from the transmission but it doesn't vibrate like it used to.

Well worth the money imo.
Glad to hear that. How did you find it with respect to response etc?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Glad to hear that. How did you find it with respect to response etc?
So far so good. The thumping/slack when I shift is completely gone and it definitely revs better combined with the Spec 2+ clutch I had put in at the same time with an aluminum flywheel. I'm very happy with it. It definitely looked like a quality piece. I've been doing my break in miles for the clutch so I've driven it about 100 miles in 2 days.
Sponsored