One Piece After Market Driveshaft

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
That’s one of the best gains I experienced. The Coyote 5.0 redlines in an instant. It truly transforms the drivability. The shifts hit hard, fast and controlled.
Drag mode should be a riot. Gotta hit the track before it warms up again (weird week instead of 100s it's been 70s and 80s lol).
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Since you are on the topic of driveshafts ... wanted to share a video review Bran did on the Steeda driveshaft:

Yes, shameless plus :)

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The Steeda ds looks EXACTLY like the Shaftmasters one! Hmmm??

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Could you give a review of your new driveshaft?
I was chatting with him on this last week. He was having some unexpected vibrations. QA1 requested he rotate the adapter but that did not help so they asked him to send it in for analysis. Haven't heard back if it was uninstalled and sent or not for sure. I can say personally now after having it on for week and a half no vibrations or NVH increase, much quicker revs and responsiveness. I'm actually not even on ff at the moment as it was time for a tank of 91 and it's still super snappy. Should be back on e tomorrow and looking forward to even better performance/ fun.

Can't wait to get the drs on and get out to the track to see how the DS performs when pushing drag mode.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
I'm confused on what you guys mean by increased revs... The driveshaft doesn't move when revving the car in park/nuetral lol. I'm sure you all are talking about acceleration...

For those that got the driveshaft solely because you're worried about it breaking. If you're only doing footbraking at the track you probably won't ever need one. I've made 20+ passes with the stock driveshaft doing 1.3's. I finally popped it at street car takeover about 30' out and still did a 1.5' lol. Multiple 9.0 passes with the stock driveshaft.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I'm confused on what you guys mean by increased revs... The driveshaft doesn't move when revving the car in park/nuetral lol. I'm sure you all are talking about acceleration...

For those that got the driveshaft solely because you're worried about it breaking. If you're only doing footbraking at the track you probably won't ever need one. I've made 20+ passes with the stock driveshaft doing 1.3's. I finally popped it at street car takeover about 30' out and still did a 1.5' lol. Multiple 9.0 passes with the stock driveshaft.
Sorry to clarify I meant it bangs though the rpms faster, not literally revving in park. Gets to the sweet spot of each gear faster. Plus the responsiveness is noticeably better.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got around to installing the Shaftmasters. I noticed some NVH(noise mainly), but that could also be attributed to the Steeda Tri Ax Race shifter that I installed at the same time.
It does "rev faster" and I don't have that annoying clunk I was experiencing with the two piece.

Last edited:

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
This is addressed to no one in particular.

Unfortunately, increased vibration is a risk when going with an aftermarket DS on these cars..

Unless you’re willing to do what it takes to index and field balance the vibes out after changing the DS, don’t try to upgrade.. These cars are extremely sensitive to the least amount of balance / tolerance mismatch...less than 1.0 g at the flange makes a very perceptible difference.

Edit- clarity

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
This is addressed to no one in particular.

Unfortunately, increased vibration is a risk when going with an aftermarket DS on these cars. Chances are at least even that NVH will be worse. 15-17 cars are almost guaranteed to be worse off, unless it was already just horrible vibration from the factory. An aftermarket shaft will just give you a different flavor of more responsive horribleness. If comfortable daily driving is your scene, you may well be up the creek.

Unless you’re willing to do what it takes to index and field balance the vibes out after changing the DS, don’t try to upgrade. There is not a driveshaft ever produced that will work in all cars. No matter how well balanced. Ford production tolerances do not, and have never, allowed that. These cars are extremely sensitive to the least amount of mismatch...less than 1.0 g at the flange makes a very perceptible difference.
The claim of no increase in NVH is one of the factors that helped me choose the QA1 CF DS when upgrading. So far that claim has been true in my personal experience. That combined with the quicker rev scenario and the piece of mind for future power adders makes me satisfied thus far.

OP
OP

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Are members having better luck with the DynoTech Driveshaft over the Shaftmasters Driveshaft?
I know the Dynotech is over $200.00 more, but is it worth the extra cost?

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
I'm quite interested in this thread. If I can get no NVH and a more immediate driving experience with more HP reaching the rear wheels this is a no brainer.

Also has anyone tried the Steeda 1 piece driveshaft? I've searched but any other opinions welcomed

My concern is NVH and whether this setup will be fine in winter driving (I have no backup car or room for one)

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I'm quite interested in this thread. If I can get no NVH and a more immediate driving experience with more HP reaching the rear wheels this is a no brainer.

Also has anyone tried the Steeda 1 piece driveshaft? I've searched but any other opinions welcomed

My concern is NVH and whether this setup will be fine in winter driving (I have no backup car or room for one)
I have 0 increase in NVH with the QA1 carbon fiber drive shaft. Responsiveness and quicker rpms are obvious. This is my daily as well and when I reached out to QA1 about durability on a dd they mentioned they tested theirs locally and had it on year round though the snow / salt there in MN with no issues.

Reactions: A7X

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Looking at the design of Shaftmaster vs Steeda and you’ll see they look the same.

NVH,
It’s such a small increase that IMO it’s a non-issue. Your driving a modern domestic Hot Rod and honestly it gives this car exactly what it needs to feel like a Hot Rod and not some type of Powder Puff cushy feel.
Yup, I daily mine and when it snows I drive, flip to Snow/Wet mode and get on with life.
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X