Sponsored

One Piece After Market Driveshaft

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Why do Driveshaft Companies make adaptors to install their one piece driveshafts in 2015 thru 2017 mustangs?I was told that ShaftMasters is a direct bolt on without adapters for the install.
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Why do Driveshaft Companies make adaptors to install their one piece driveshafts in 2015 thru 2017 mustangs?I was told that ShaftMasters is a direct bolt on without adapters for the install.
I have the Shaftmasters 3.50" 2015/17 M/T driveshaft and I will confirm the Shaftmasters uses NO additional bolt on adapters. My decision to use Shaftmasters was based on their less is more design. This driveshaft delivers and transformed the Mustangs human / machine experience.

OP
OP

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I have the Shaftmasters 3.50" 2015/17 M/T driveshaft and I will confirm the Shaftmasters uses NO additional bolt on adapters. My decision to use Shaftmasters was based on their less is more design. This driveshaft delivers and transformed the Mustangs human / machine experience.
Thanks for posting and that confirms what I was told.

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I ordered a Shaftmasters for my '18. Showed up this week and installing it next week. Good to hear it was positive for you.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Nice was leaning more towards QA1 CF DS myself but cannot speak on the adapter scenario off hand.

Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
I have the Shaftmasters in my ā€˜18 too and it was a direct bolt in and WITHOUT adapters unlike the DSS and Gforce ones that I had. I too couldnā€™t understand why the use of adapters period. Makes no sense to me.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
As others said, I believe Shaftmasters is the only one that doesnt use any adapters. I'm happy with mine.

I'm guessing some companies use adapters so they can make the same driveshaft design work with several different cars with adapters, rather than having to mold a piece specifically for each car?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
For the simplicity and price point Shaftmasters is a WIN, WIN.........
Interesting I hadn't really looked at Shaftmasters before. So even though its aluminum the vibration and nvh in general is actually still low? One of the main reasons I was looking at CF was for the nvh. That and weight but they claim these are only 21.5 lbs so very comparable. Are these really as quiet as advertised?

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Interesting I hadn't really looked at Shaftmasters before. So even though its aluminum the vibration and nvh in general is actually still low? One of the main reasons I was looking at CF was for the nvh. That and weight but they claim these are only 21.5 lbs so very comparable. Are these really as quiet as advertised?
I noticed zero increase in NVH combined with Steeda's trans bushing and shifter mount. I will say the rear cradle lockout added NVH but honestly its a domestic muscle car and as delivered from Ford the S550 GTPP performs like a wet noodle in my opinion.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I noticed zero increase in NVH combined with Steeda's trans bushing and shifter mount. I will say the rear cradle lockout added NVH but honestly its a domestic muscle car and as delivered from Ford the S550 GTPP performs like a wet noodle in my opinion.
I added the BMR CB005 cradle lockout and NVH was barely noticeable so if this DS is less than that it may be a real option.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
As others said, I believe Shaftmasters is the only one that doesnt use any adapters. I'm happy with mine.

I'm guessing some companies use adapters so they can make the same driveshaft design work with several different cars with adapters, rather than having to mold a piece specifically for each car?
QA1 cf here. No adapter

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
No adapter w/QA1 CF and no NVH
Curious is this on a daily? Just ask as I have seen some express concerns with CF on street driving with variables not found on the strip like rock, debris etc. This was the one I was looking at before this Shaftmasters conversation got my attention.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Curious is this on a daily? Just ask as I have seen some express concerns with CF on street driving with variables not found on the strip like rock, debris etc. This was the one I was looking at before this Shaftmasters conversation got my attention.
Not my daily, but I drive it on the street quite a bit. Personally, I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything to worry about. CF is hard shit
Sponsored