Sponsored

One Piece After Market Driveshaft

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Not my daily, but I drive it on the street quite a bit. Personally, I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. CF is hard shit
My nervousness about them is that when I loked on line about driveshafts, most the videos I saw about broken ones were talking about a CF shaft. If I remember one of the AmericanMuscle hosts broke one on hers, and I saw a few other vids about street driven ones that broke. It makes me wonder if either the CF is easier to break, just lower quality, or osmethign about daily driving with a CF shaft weakens it.
Sponsored

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
My nervousness about them is that when I loked on line about driveshafts, most the videos I saw about broken ones were talking about a CF shaft. If I remember one of the AmericanMuscle hosts broke one on hers, and I saw a few other vids about street driven ones that broke. It makes me wonder if either the CF is easier to break, just lower quality, or osmethign about daily driving with a CF shaft weakens it.
I read the same thing, but none of those were the QA1. The problems seem to be with the DSS. A buddy of mine runs the QA1 in his Renegade car. Has been 8.20. No issues. They are expensive though

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I read the same thing, but none of those were the QA1. The problems seem to be with the DSS. A buddy of mine runs the QA1 in his Renegade car. Has been 8.20. No issues. They are expensive though
You're right, I went back and the ones I can find/confirm are DSS.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
You're right, I went back and the ones I can find/confirm are DSS.
Ya same here for the most part. I did eventually come across a few failed QA1 on HC forums apparently there is a heat issue. And it's not like they broke apparently the failure on those was with the epoxy due to the heat. The price on the Shaftmasters are attractive but weight , strength and lack of nvh on the QA1 are too. Though from what I can tell NVH is actually minimal on the Shaftmasters for being aluminum. Damn, decisions, gotta jump on one to immediately counter the weight from half shafts going on lol.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
This thread has got me really wanting a aluminium Shaftmasters. I don't like the carbon driveshafts due to the heat from the exhaust. I believe over time it will weaken the shaft, but that's just my opinion. There also isn't much of a weight advantage to justify the higher prices.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I reached out to QA1 today about their CF drive shaft and recieved a prompt response with the following info when inquiring about weight and daily driveability:

The driveshaft for your car is P/N JJ-21216. The weight is 21 lbs. including all mounting hardware and adaptors. Our driveshafts work great on daily driven cars as well as competition applications. The newer Mustangs, Challengers and Camaros all tuck the driveshaft up in the tunnel above the exhaust and heat shielding so they are pretty well protected from road debris. We also offer driveshaft for dirt circle track applications that are constantly being hit by rocks and debris from the track and these stand up very well. We also have driveshafts in year round use in test vehicles here in Minnesota and have not seen any issues with heat, cold snow or road salt.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Interesting enough I was looking at the Shaftmasters site and didn't see one for the 2018 A10 so I reached out to them to confirm. If that's the case the decision may have become easier for me at least.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Interesting enough I was looking at the Shaftmasters site and didn't see one for the 2018 A10 so I reached out to them to confirm. If that's the case the decision may have become easier for me at least.
Heard back from Shaftmasters. They confirmed they do not make one for the 2018 A10...

Due to 10 speed automatic trans vibration/shifting issues we have been reading about on forums (i.e.mustang6g.com)
We currently do not offer shafts for the 2018 GT Auto.

So that is that. QA1 appears to be the way to go at least for me with the A10.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Heard back from Shaftmasters. They confirmed they do not make one for the 2018 A10...

Due to 10 speed automatic trans vibration/shifting issues we have been reading about on forums (i.e.mustang6g.com)
We currently do not offer shafts for the 2018 GT Auto.

So that is that. QA1 appears to be the way to go at least for me with the A10.
QA1 CF on order...

Sponsored

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
QA1 CF on order...
Very cool! Let us all know how the install goes and the results. Curious to know how much quicker it revs and if there is indeed no added NVH.

Also, I'm loving the Steeda CAI I bought from you, with E85 tune it rocks!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Very cool! Let us all know how the install goes and the results. Curious to know how much quicker it revs and if there is indeed no added NVH.

Also, I'm loving the Steeda CAI I bought from you, with E85 tune it rocks!
Planning on installing same time as the DSS half shafts to offset the weight some, and for less parasitic loss to the wheels simultaneously. Quicker revs just a plus as well as future proofing for possible fi.

Glad you're liking it ! I bet it's a beast on straight e. Was just a no go for my flex requirement lol.

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Planning on installing same time as the DSS half shafts to offset the weight some, and for less parasitic loss to the wheels simultaneously. Quicker revs just a plus as well as future proofing for possible fi.

Glad you're liking it ! I bet it's a beast on straight e. Was just a no go for my flex requirement lol.
Awesome good call! Plan on doing the same in the future. Those DSS half shafts are definitely stout! Shouldn't have any issues there. And I think it's fine they're heavier, any weight right over the rear tires is a plus in my book.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Awesome good call! Plan on doing the same in the future. Those DSS half shafts are definitely stout! Shouldn't have any issues there. And I think it's fine they're heavier, any weight right over the rear tires is a plus in my book.
So when I ordered the CF ds I didnt realize it was not in stock. The materials to build it were supposed to arrive 4-20 (today) so will see when it actually ships out.

MKMotorsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Convertible
Another vote on the Shaftmasters ALU. I've had mine on for a bit now, 100's of track passes and ten's of thousands of highway miles. They seem to stand the test of time. Not the same platform I know but might be good feedback....
Sponsored