One of our local Ford dealers racing their new inventory at the track

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Anyone else experience this at their local track? It kind of blew my mind that a local dealership would allow the staff to take a new Mustang GT off the lot, slap dealer plates on it to abuse at the track for the weekend. I don't know about you guys, but to me that's sketchy at best. Interesting way for breaking in the vehicle before it's sold as "new". Terrible optics for the brand.

Here's the vehicle listed on the dealer's website, quoted as having "12 km" on the odometer:

https://www.waterlooford.com/vehicles/2021/ford/mustang/edmonton/ab/52012845/?sale_class=new

IMG_7569.JPG
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Someone should call and ask if they're going to change their advertising and sell it as a used car - essentially it is just that (now)....

OP
OP
Ehdrian

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Someone should call and ask if they're going to change their advertising and sell it as a used car - essentially it is just that (now)....
"Demo" model

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If they were making it their own promotional race car, to generate interest or goodwill at races, I think that'd be pretty cool. But they should definitely not sell it as a "new" car after that. At a minimum they should disclose that it's been raced.

Sponsored

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
How do you know it's the same vehicle? I realize it's likely to be the same one, but do you know this for sure? If this is the case, that's wild

12km wouldn't make sense unless they trailered the car there and back... if it was driven the track in a trailer it would be a different story

OP
OP
Ehdrian

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
How do you know it's the same vehicle? I realize it's likely to be the same one, but do you know this for sure? If this is the case, that's wild

12km wouldn't make sense unless they trailered the car there and back... if it was driven the track in a trailer it would be a different story
The driver/sales person introduced himself to me and wanted to line up against me while staging. He then proceeded to ask how to use the track apps. Wasn't exactly detective work to find the same car on his dealership website.

Definitely wasn't trailered there either. If it has around 100-200kms on the car now, the average buyer wouldn't guess that it wouldn't be 1/4 mile track use mileage, likely just test drives.

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
When I used to sell cars years ago we worked next to a dodge dealership. The first year they released the SRT-4, those salesmen were in their back lot beating the hell out of those cars everyday lol. I remember thinking they were still going to throw them back up front and sell them as new.

Sponsored

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
Haha ! Waterloo Ford. Glad I didn't buy my car there. Only one to beat on my car is me.

Reactions: jin

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
Well this claim on their advert is pure fantasy too 😂

7 L/100Km City
4 L/100Km highway

In the real world you’ll get
19.3 l/100km urban
and 9 l/100 km Highway
if you are lucky 😂

sounds like a dealer to steer well clear of 😂

Reactions: jin

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Anyone want to start emailing them about their practices?

Screenshot_20210725-001129_Chrome.jpg

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If they haven't sold it yet, it doesn't really matter. It's going to be sold as a "demo" car because it will have over 100 miles on it anyway. I also guarantee that engine won't burn any oil once they're done with it, lmao.