Sponsored

One more liqui moly cera-tick

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Question to anyone who may know:

Before pouring in the Ceratec, should an equivalent amount of oil be drained out of the car? So if you're pouring in a can of Ceratec (300ml) should you be draining out 300ml of oil to avoid overfilling? Thanks.
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I just poured in a half bottle to my 8qt. If 150 ml causes problems oh well. Engine is shit anyways. Ill let the catch can sort it out.

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Question to anyone who may know:

Before pouring in the Ceratec, should an equivalent amount of oil be drained out of the car? So if you're pouring in a can of Ceratec (300ml) should you be draining out 300ml of oil to avoid overfilling? Thanks.
Some of the ceratec sticks to engine parts, so not all contributes to oil level.

This time I only added 150ml and used glas measuring cup for that. I couldn't get rid of ceratec from walls of that cup even though I repeatedly was flushing it with oil. I eventiallly had to wipe it.

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@Kong76 and @accel

Thanks for the input.

Though I must say that I'm surprised that both of you, along with many others, are using such tiny amounts of this stuff.

If they say that 300 ml is good for 5 quarts, I was planning on using 480 ml of the CERATEC for my 8 quarts of oil (2016 GT).

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Unless you have your oil level to the max (the little hole above the hash marks), it wouldn't go past full. If it's to the max, it shouldn't cause any issues either, since it's not that much. Good luck.

Sponsored

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Unless you have your oil level to the max (the little hole above the hash marks), it wouldn't go past full. If it's to the max, it shouldn't cause any issues either, since it's not that much. Good luck.
Cool; thanks.

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
@Kong76 and @accel

Thanks for the input.

Though I must say that I'm surprised that both of you, along with many others, are using such tiny amounts of this stuff.

If they say that 300 ml is good for 5 quarts, I was planning on using 480 ml of the CERATEC for my 8 quarts of oil (2016 GT).
Most people here (if not everyone) use it for bbq tick prevention/suppression. For that you might need just as little as necessary.

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just received 2 cans of the Ceratec in the mail and noticed a sticker dated 12/19 on the bottom of each box.

Is that an expiration date or a "produced-on" date?

Sponsored

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'd say it's the production date.
Cool. Then I should be good to go. Thanks

On a side note, these bottles are strange. The directions are in several languages but not a lick of English to be found anywhere.

Oh well; I guess I'll look up the directions online somewhere (I.E. should it be poured into a hot engine or cold, etc.)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Cool. Then I should be good to go. Thanks

On a side note, these bottles are strange. The directions are in several languages but not a lick of English to be found anywhere.

Oh well; I guess I'll look up the directions online somewhere (I.E. should it be poured into a hot engine or cold, etc.)
https://products.liqui-moly.us/additives/cera-tec.html

One can is sufficient for up to 5 liters (1.3 gal.) of motor oil. Long-term effect up to 50.000 km (30.000 miles). Minimum oil filling of 0.9 gal (3 liters) is requested for optimum product performance. Shake well before use.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It says that its effect lasts 30K miles, and that's not true at all. Most people report the tick comes back almost immediately after an oil change. A few others a little later into the new oil change (without Ceratec), so that claim is ridiculous. It'd be interesting to hear the long-term effects of using that stuff permanently, but I have read nothing so far.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It says that its effect lasts 30K miles, and that's not true at all. Most people report the tick comes back almost immediately after an oil change. A few others a little later into the new oil change (without Ceratec), so that claim is ridiculous. It'd be interesting to hear the long-term effects of using that stuff permanently, but I have read nothing so far.
Well, Ceratec isn't designed specifically to just quiet down ticking Mustangs - but it typically works. They are probably talking about the longevity of the other effects of using it, like increased power and fuel mileage.
Sponsored