OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Here’s a question about the Ceretec. Will adding Ceretec void my extended Ford warranty on my 2020 Mustang Bullitt. I took out the 8 tear 100K . I changeD the oil myself at 1,000 miles and will do so again at 5,000 miles. I’m using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w-20. I’ll be doing 5,000 mile oil changes. I do not track or race the car. Thanks everyone
Why do you consider ceratec?
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Will adding Ceratec void my extended Ford warranty on my 2020 Mustang Bullitt.
That's a great question, and the only way to know for sure is to call Ford. But since the owner's manual clearly says not to add any such additive, my guess it Ford would probably deny an engine warranty claim if they can see that you have an additive in there.

Now, can I ask you when did you start getting the tick? Also worth mentioning is that somebody reported not noticing a difference in the oil with just 1 bottle (on a 10-qt engine), so that's probably what I'd do if needed. I can't stand engine noises, especially as disturbing as the 'tick', so I'm not sure what I'd do if my car develops it. But if I was to add Ceratec, I'd do it assuming my engine warranty is toast. If not, then great. But with those things, you have to assume you do. And with a tune, even more.

Why would you buy an 8/100k extended warranty and use 0w-20 oil? That would be a problem more than using ceratec.
Absolutely not. 0Wxx oils are approved by all manufacturers now. And there's really no drawback to them (unless 5/50, or a similarly large spread); they start lubricating quicker than a 5, so less engine wear on cold starts. I'm going to put 0W30 on mine at the 1K mile mark (almost there).

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't touched any additives yet. On my 18, I never really paid attention to my oil pressure gauge until after my first oil change. I don't remember if it ever went over 40psi. However, after my first oil change done at the dealer (it was free), I noticed it would spike at 3k to around 80 psi and max out at 100psi as the rpms climbed. The tech at the dealer said this was normal. I've done 2 oil changes myself since. Mobil 1 full synthetic and amsoil full synthetic. It doesn't matter what the oil temp is. I'll have 100 psi after 3k rpms no matter how slow or fast I rev it. I'm curious if anything has changed with you since using this stuff since it's been what, 2 years?

New oil, for short while will put up higher numbers, not to worry.

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front
Why do you consider ceratec?
Sometimes I hear a tick that I think is coming from the passenger side , it’s not all the time. I plan on keeping this car until I die and then pass it down so I consider anything that will help protect it.

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
New oil, for short while will put up higher numbers, not to worry.
Welp, after about 20k miles and 3 oil changes, it never went lower. After my first oil change, I noticed it went to 80psi after 3k rpms. After my most recent oil change it now spikes to 100psi. I'm going to try it just to see if this helps with the oil flow thus reducing my oil pressure. I should be getting mine this friday.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Welp, after about 20k miles and 3 oil changes, it never went lower. After my first oil change, I noticed it went to 80psi after 3k rpms. After my most recent oil change it now spikes to 100psi. I'm going to try it just to see if this helps with the oil flow thus reducing my oil pressure. I should be getting mine this friday.
If it stays there, oil change too oil change. You could have a problem with the pressure sensor or gauge itself. .... that is not normal.

Fresh oil change in a stroker motor. Pumps @ 80psi, then drops to 40psi for the rest of the oil life.

The
ceratec will not change the pressure, that I can tell you.

Last edited:

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
If it stays there, oil change too oil change. You could have a problem with the pressure sensor of gauge itself. .... that is not normal.

Fresh oil change in a stroker motor. Pumps @ 80psi, then drops to 40psi for the rest of the oil life.

The
Dealer told me it's normal and that the Shelby's were doing the same thing. I'll see what this does before going back in.

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Sometimes I hear a tick that I think is coming from the passenger side , it’s not all the time. I plan on keeping this car until I die and then pass it down so I consider anything that will help protect it.
Ceratec if very traceable right after you add it to the oil and until a couple thousand miles on it. If they drain oil it will look like caramel/latte. But after several thousands the oil will just look like used oil and not traceable much. Do your own oil changes if you feel you need ceratec.

Also, I think they would need to tie your warranty claim with the additive. I doubt they can just deny anything.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Here’s a question about the Ceretec. Will adding Ceretec void my extended Ford warranty on my 2020 Mustang Bullitt. I took out the 8 tear 100K . I changeD the oil myself at 1,000 miles and will do so again at 5,000 miles. I’m using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w-20. I’ll be doing 5,000 mile oil changes. I do not track or race the car. Thanks everyone
You need to have very good oil change records. I've heard stories of manufacturers not offering warranty if you can't actually prove you changed the oil. Receipts aren't good enough apparently. For this reason I think it's wise to have a dealer change the oil at least once every 10k. At least if you're dependent on the warranty.

Hbassi5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hardeep
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Ceratec if very traceable right after you add it to the oil and until a couple thousand miles on it. If they drain oil it will look like caramel/latte. But after several thousands the oil will just look like used oil and not traceable much. Do your own oil changes if you feel you need ceratec.

Also, I think they would need to tie your warranty claim with the additive. I doubt they can just deny anything.
I was thinking about doing this. Does doing 1 oil change by myself will get rid of camel/latte color of oil. I was thinking about adding ceratec driving for couple thousand miles and then changing my own oil and then drive for 4-5 thousand and then just go back to having dealer change it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I was thinking about doing this. Does doing 1 oil change by myself will get rid of camel/latte color of oil. I was thinking about adding ceratec driving for couple thousand miles and then changing my own oil and then drive for 4-5 thousand and then just go back to having dealer change it.
I think if you already have tick and do not want to hear it - ceratec has to be always in.

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
If it stays there, oil change too oil change. You could have a problem with the pressure sensor or gauge itself. .... that is not normal.

The
My oil pressure gauge only goes to 100psi, so I can only assume it was 100psi and not more. Moving along, I went ahead and added 2 bottles of ceratec and after the 30 minute break in cycle, I started driving the car hard. At 3k, the oil pressure would still climb, but it never peaked higher than 80psi, so that's good. Hopefully I'll have some better results in the coming days of driving the car. Engine sounds good too. I had a faint tick that's no longer present.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My oil pressure gauge only goes to 100psi, so I can only assume it was 100psi and not more. Moving along, I went ahead and added 2 bottles of ceratec and after the 30 minute break in cycle, I started driving the car hard. At 3k, the oil pressure would still climb, but it never peaked higher than 80psi, so that's good. Hopefully I'll have some better results in the coming days of driving the car. Engine sounds good too. I had a faint tick that's no longer present.
OP today had a chance to check out the oil pressure. Had it wrong for the Mustang.. idle 20Psi .... about 3500- 4k it's up at 100 psi. So what your'e seeing is correct.

Cheers

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
OP today had a chance to check out the oil pressure. Had it wrong for the Mustang.. idle 20Psi .... about 3500- 4k it's up at 100 psi. So what your'e seeing is correct.

Cheers
It still makes me worry though because I'm positive it never went above 40psi until after the first oil change. I'm at least glad that it stops at 80psi now.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It still makes me worry though because I'm positive it never went above 40psi until after the first oil change. I'm at least glad that it stops at 80psi now.

Would not worry, I was surprised to see the numbers. The key to oil pressure for any car is to always have some.

Of course it goes without saying, low should be addressed. Said that cause you don't know me or my sense of humor that goes along with that.

Have a good one
Sponsored