One more help guys !! Angle of bend...

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey guys, can any of you help me with the angle at which the front bumper cover bends at the license plate area?

Reason: I have a metal plate that can serve as a number plate bracket but it is flat. I am expecting my mustang to be delivered in a few weeks. If I know the angle, I can make the bend myself.

Please refer to the images below to understand what I am asking

Any help is much appreciated... Thanks in advance guys

Front bumper cover.jpg
Angle.png
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hey guys, can any of you help me with the angle at which the front bumper cover bends at the license plate area?

Reason: I have a metal plate that can serve as a number plate bracket but it is flat. I am expecting my mustang to be delivered in a few weeks. If I know the angle, I can make the bend myself.

Please refer to the images below to understand what I am asking

Any help is much appreciated... Thanks in advance guys

Front bumper cover.jpg
Angle.png
Less than both. Make a very slight bend and do final angle once you have your car or go in to a dealer to try it out. It is so slight that a flat holder will screw up ok as well.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Less than both. Make a very slight bend and do final angle once you have your car or go in to a dealer to try it out. It is so slight that a flat holder will screw up ok as well.
Flat plate with small number plate spacer at each end should work fine to straighten out the curve.

OP
OP

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am planning on sticking the plate to the bumper cover. Just trying to avoid the screwing part. For the sticking method to work well, there should be less or no pull from the plate...

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I am planning on sticking the plate to the bumper cover. Just trying to avoid the screwing part. For the sticking method to work well, there should be less or no pull from the plate...
Pretty much 7°

Sponsored

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Get some 3m Velcro and Velcro the plate to bumper. Removable and no holes.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
What is the deal with no holes in the bumper. Plates are a requirement in Australia. Where the holes are put they are covered by the plate. Regardless most plates have numerous pre-punched holes anyhow. Use nice looking stainless hardware and it will all look great.
I guess if you are planning on changing to a much smaller plate later on, there may be an issue.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
What is the deal with no holes in the bumper. Plates are a requirement in Australia. Where the holes are put they are covered by the plate. Regardless most plates have numerous pre-punched holes anyhow. Use nice looking stainless hardware and it will all look great.
I guess if you are planning on changing to a much smaller plate later on, there may be an issue.
[/QUOTE

Speeding cameras need plates to send you a love letter.
Velcro is a quick remove.
But I don’t think you’d get far in Oz with no plates!

Last edited:
Reactions: PKs

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I stuck mine in plate covers. I tend to do that because I had personalised plates get stone chips and flake previously. With the covers being flat, each end sits proud of the car by a few mm but then that makes it easier to get the covers clipped on.
Sponsored