Sponsored

On3 Gen2 Top Mount Twin Kit Unboxing

suprmario96

Hi3 Motorsports
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 Mustang GT/6S Oxford White
So I decided to go with the gen2 kit from On3 and during my initial research I couldn't find the info/pictures and so decided to put together this little video and detailed pics of the kit contents.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Freaking awesome!

Sponsored

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
Awesome man!

Looking up Wengerd's (boostedcoyote) videos on YouTube, it looks like a pretty well built kit. Would be easiest to pull the motor and install like he did, I think.

I'd be curious to see how many hours it would take someone to install. Keep us posted! Not enough ON3 cars in here.

OP
OP
suprmario96

suprmario96

Hi3 Motorsports
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome man!

Looking up Wengerd's (boostedcoyote) videos on YouTube, it looks like a pretty well built kit. Would be easiest to pull the motor and install like he did, I think.

I'd be curious to see how many hours it would take someone to install. Keep us posted! Not enough ON3 cars in here.
It's funny as soon as I posted my video on YT is when I ran into his build videos. He seems very knowledgeable.

Memphisraines

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2013 Caddilac ATS
I’ll be following this thread with great interest as I’m hoping to order this kit mid to end of summer myself. I’ve watched that 4 part YouTube install series I’d like to see and hear how your install goes.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
That a lot higher quality than I expected from On3.

Sponsored

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
Really appreciate you taking the time to post this.
The kit looks badass!

Couple of questions for you.
  1. Are you doing the OPG install yourself? If so your a much braver man than I.
  2. Why did you go with the top mount kit over on3’s low mount kit? I’ve always been a believer In keeping heat out of the engine bay. Though if you ever go full race-car it would be easy to do dual hood exits:rockon:
Thanks again! Can’t wait to see the build progress.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Great pictures. the quality looks nice. Do you have pictures of the vband clamps for the wastegates?

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
I'm excited to see results!

This will probably be the deciding factor on a PD vs Turbo for me. All comes down to ease of install (hot piping at steering shaft, overall boost leaks/sealing and fuse box relocation).

2 month lead time to get an ON3 kit from the shop in town tho :(

OP
OP
suprmario96

suprmario96

Hi3 Motorsports
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really appreciate you taking the time to post this.
The kit looks badass!

Couple of questions for you.
  1. Are you doing the OPG install yourself? If so your a much braver man than I.
  2. Why did you go with the top mount kit over on3’s low mount kit? I’ve always been a believer In keeping heat out of the engine bay. Though if you ever go full race-car it would be easy to do dual hood exits:rockon:
Thanks again! Can’t wait to see the build progress.
thanks, i scoured the forums when i was looking to purchase and wish somebody would've posted but it looks like many just buy the stuff and take it somewhere for install.

i am doing the opg myself, not too bad just have to be detail oriented. i have an oil pan on order so i can weld bungs to the new one and then when i take it apart for the opg just swap the pans.

to be honest i really like/d the low mount kit but top mount is cheaper, turbos whistle is louder, gave up on being humble and just wanted to show them off a little. I have been through other builds where heat was an issue however rerouting the wiring, using the turbine blankets and a properly sized turbo i think are all factors that will help.
Sponsored