On3 15-17 Twin Top Mount Kit And Fuel System Upgrade Install

mikem9890

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
If anyone is interested I started documenting the install for the on3 twin top mount kit. I’m starting with the fuel system. So I just knocked out the wiring harness for it. I pieced it together instead of buying an already pre packaged one for the most part. Should be a fun learning process, it’s my first time doing a turbo build.

Sponsored

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium PP
I'll definitely be following this post and would love for you to continue documenting the process. I have the same kit and same fuel system waiting in my room for installation around march.
Subscribing once i get back to my phone :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mikem9890

mikem9890

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I'll definitely be following this post and would love for you to continue documenting the process. I have the same kit and same fuel system waiting in my room for installation around march.
Subscribing once i get back to my phone :thumbsup:
I’m going to try to document as much as I can. From building the fuel hat and running lines to the whole turbo install process and vacuum lines. There are a few install “guides” but they don’t really show everything. I would like to help as many people as I can lol it’ll be a learning process for all of us.

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
Definitely interested in this as well. Would love to see how the turbo kit installs. So many people have interest in the on3 kits for the price but very little customer feedback to warrant the investment.
Thanks for taking the time to relay the information and being the forum guinea pig.

OP
OP
mikem9890

mikem9890

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Definitely interested in this as well. Would love to see how the turbo kit installs. So many people have interest in the on3 kits for the price but very little customer feedback to warrant the investment.
Thanks for taking the time to relay the information and being the forum guinea pig.
Exactly my reason for getting the kit. You see a lot of good and bad about these kits but you don’t see to many in depth reviews or install of them. The price point is an insane difference to other kits especially with the numbers these are capable of producing.

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I had an on3 kit on my 2013 Mustang GT. It performed fantastic, but the install was a royal pain in the ass and chasing the exhaust leaks that followed took 2 weeks to sort out.

Hopefully the new stuff is better.

OP
OP
mikem9890

mikem9890

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I had an on3 kit on my 2013 Mustang GT. It performed fantastic, but the install was a royal pain in the ass and chasing the exhaust leaks that followed took 2 weeks to sort out.

Hopefully the new stuff is better.
I’ve heard mixed reviews on the hardware. I plan on taking my time so hopefully I don’t have to chase too many leaks lol.

OP
OP
mikem9890

mikem9890

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Not on the
I’m really curious about the relocation of the fuse box and ECU. Does it require irreversible modification of the car? This is scary if not done very cleanly.
The 15-17 doesn’t require modification from what I saw. You just need to re route the wiring and then move the fuse box and ecu behind the headlight. The 11-14 I believe you need to cut part of the headlight bracket out of the way.

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium PP
I’ve heard mixed reviews on the hardware. I plan on taking my time so hopefully I don’t have to chase too many leaks lol.
If you haven't already, I'd take a look at "daryle wengerd" on youtube. He has one of the only install video's I've found for a 15+ top mount. After speaking to him a couple times, the only thing he absolutely recommends is changing out the kits provided manifold bolts. He has a side by side picture of the provided bolts next to OEM studs and the actual threaded part is very minimal. It ended up leading to an exhaust leak for him. I can dig up the picture as well as the part number of bolts he switched to if you want it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mikem9890

mikem9890

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
If you haven't already, I'd take a look at "daryle wengerd" on youtube. He has one of the only install video's I've found for a 15+ top mount. After speaking to him a couple times, the only thing he absolutely recommends is changing out the kits provided manifold bolts. He has a side by side picture of the provided bolts next to OEM studs and the actual threaded part is very minimal. It ended up leading to an exhaust leak for him. I can dig up the picture as well as the part number of bolts he switched to if you want it.
I’ve seen his videos a few times lol. One of the main reasons I went with the on3 kit. I already picked up some stage 8 locking header bolts for the install.

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
Daryle is a great resource.

Also recommend this Facebook group..because there's a wealth amount of info that's shared (and Chad, the owner of ON3 is on there).

Anyone I've talked to in person that has ON3 kits has said that the install is a bit tricky to nail down leaks (and the fuse box relocate)....but once the leaks are sorted, it's been an amazing kit for them.
Screenshot_20200118-092531.png
Screenshot_20200118-092542.png

OP
OP
mikem9890

mikem9890

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Daryle is a great resource.

Also recommend this Facebook group..because there's a wealth amount of info that's shared (and Chad, the owner of ON3 is on there).

Anyone I've talked to in person that has ON3 kits has said that the install is a bit tricky to nail down leaks (and the fuse box relocate)....but once the leaks are sorted, it's been an amazing kit for them.
Screenshot_20200118-092531.png
Screenshot_20200118-092542.png
Appreciate the info! I’m in the group as well. It’s been extremely helpful already and I haven’t even started the install.

OP
OP
mikem9890

mikem9890

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Finished my install a few weeks ago. Just been fighting a few bugs lol. Had the car dyno’d Thursday and it did not disappoint.

Twin Turbo 2017 Mustang GT on the DYNO! What did it make?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Nice dyno runs man, and nice build. Question, its apparent your clutch may have issues at that power range. Any plans to address that? Also are going to upgrade to bigger injectors soon?
Sponsored