On the brink of buying a GT350R

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
Yeah, I called RPM (the maker of the roll bar) and they said that the guy kept the car in super duper clean condition. It has also never ever been tracked! I drove it and loved it! I just made a deal at $75K (down from $82K). Pretty happy considering most of them are going for much more in the area.
I'm in your area too, 350R, with cage, and spare wheels/tires for the street. I haven't tracked it yet...but when it cools down a bit I'm hoping to make time for the track.

Congrats on the car. You will never regret it.
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Congrats on your purchase, if you're gonna drive it anyway there's no problem getting the barely used one and lettin her rip!!

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
That dealer is just around the corner from my work. Tried them several times and their ADM was always very high. Not sure if this is real or a tease. Amazing price from these guys if its real. :headbang:

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Agreed, I don't know why everyone is so quick to jump to the fact that if has a cage it must have been tracked Hard and put away wet. I'm putting a Cage in mine and as much as I would like to, I don't know how often if ever I'll be able to make it to the track
I think common sense tells us cage = hard driving, track or street. Why else put a cage in it? :)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Congrats on the purchase! I think it's smart to buy a slightly used car and get a better deal, plus getting the roll cage is an added bonus. Our cars were made to drive hard; they can take it. The only reason not to buy used is if you would mostly leave it in your garage and just take it out to go to cars and coffee. If you're going to drive it hard anyway, you know the original owner didn't use it any harder than you would.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I think common sense tells us cage = hard driving, track or street. Why else put a cage in it? :)
One word.

Posers.

There's plenty of them.... even some GT3 RS guys. :tsk:

OP
OP

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Sorry for not updating this thready my friends, but I actually ended up purchasing a BRAND NEW GT350R from a dealership in Southern California. I actually tried calling McDavid Ford (someone mentioned them in this thread) and they refused to move from 20K over MSRP; however, Sunrise Ford hooked me up with 5K less and although the price is still high, it is better than what most dealerships have offered in Cali. Furthermore, the shipping cost is lower and they gave me an addition 2K in rebates on my warranty. I couldn't be happier and it is going to be awesome to own a brand new car!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Congratulations! Welcome to the GT350 and R crew. You wont be disappointed :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I have some terrible news. After the GT350R was unloaded from the transport I couldn't believe what I saw:

(1) Chunk of the rim and tire taken out
(2) Scrapes on front splitter
(3) Scratch marks on random areas of the car due to poor dealer prep

I talked to the sales manager and they tried to get me to keep it, but out of my own conscious I couldn't take the car. I denied delivery and told the dealership to take it back. They fought hard, but the entire ordeal was terrible. I am sad, but I have my Vette for now and that is never a bad problem :)

Thanks for all those that helped and provided great advice!