Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Update!

(1) 88K dealership won't budge
(2) 77K dealership went down to $75,500

Thoughts? Lol

if the used one you're considering is the LB / white stripes car in Los Gatos I can get you in touch with someone who works there and may know more about the car.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
On car #2 I would suggest that this car has been tracked and to what degree hard to tell?

That being the case what condition is the front splitter, tires, CF wheels, brake pads, rotors and overall condition with respect to paint chips.

If the car was tracked without a PPF I would think that this car might have a fair amount of chips.

Lastly, what kind of provenance does the car come with such as WS or Owners Kit?

Good luck!

:cheers:
Just called RPM (the company that made the roll bar) and they told me that they flew down to install the roll bar and the owner kept the car super duper pristine and it has never been tracked!

Btw, I called in and said 75K and we have a deal...LOOKS LIKE I AM GETTING A 350R!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
if the used one you're considering is the LB / white stripes car in Los Gatos I can get you in touch with someone who works there and may know more about the car.
Yeah, I called RPM (the maker of the roll bar) and they said that the guy kept the car in super duper clean condition. It has also never ever been tracked! I drove it and loved it! I just made a deal at $75K (down from $82K). Pretty happy considering most of them are going for much more in the area.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
It only has 980 miles and the cage looks more for show than anything. If they dropped it to 75k I bet you can get it for 73ish which really is not bad at all for the area. A quick inspection of the car will answer those questions quickly
Agreed, I don't know why everyone is so quick to jump to the fact that if has a cage it must have been tracked Hard and put away wet. I'm putting a Cage in mine and as much as I would like to, I don't know how often if ever I'll be able to make it to the track

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I have a reliable guy who knows a guy, who told a guy that then told his bother who I happen to be friends with the cousin of said brother told me that the Flat Plane Crank motor will not be discontinued after 2018. It's been pretty much decided it will go in the upcoming FIESTA RS. Take it like any other rumor, only time will really tell.
Harry is always right!

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I just went through 6 months of hell trying to find a deal on an R, just buy the Lightning Blue one and save yourself the hassle!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Carry on Eric as you seem to have everything figured out on your own despite asking for help on numerous occasions!

;)
You assume technical questions have anything to do with other things, and that's Ok. But ask Tom, I had the Ford Memo on MY2018 production a week before it was released here and I do have a contact. But this is the internet, and anytime people can take a jab, guys like you seem to step right up and dish it out for some reason?

Sponsored

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
Update!

(1) 88K dealership won't budge
(2) 77K dealership went down to $75,500

Thoughts? Lol
Deals are out there, but they may take time and effort. If you are comfortalbe, I'd go with the $75.5 deal and be done with it. The Roll cage has to be worth something. If you are the type that wants a deal and doesn't mind the hunt, then I'd wait.

Carry on Eric as you seem to have everything figured out on your own despite asking for help on numerous occasions!

;)
So are you saying that a forum member can't have information if they've asked questions or had discussions on said forum?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You assume technical questions have anything to do with other things, and that's Ok. But ask Tom, I had the Ford Memo on MY2018 production a week before it was released here and I do have a contact. But this is the internet, and anytime people can take a jab, guys like you seem to step right up and dish it out for some reason?
Maybe take a look at your post #36 and tell me who took the first jab?

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Maybe take a look at your post #36 and tell me who took the first jab?
Harry mocked my post, so that was a response to that.

I am only looking to come here for like-minded people who are passionate about the GT350/R and rumors and speculation are part of a national forum no matter what the interest is. I don't believe Harry's post was constructive. I don't know him, he doesn't know me, but I try and respect everyone's contribution here whether it be speculative in nature or fact.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Harry is always right!
All joking aside, yes he usually is.

I remember when I was in your shoes trying to score an R. Harry was helpful and instrumental in my search. He spent a lot of time with me on the telephone going over trends, markets, values, etc. I've learned a lot from him. He will never tell you this, but he knows all the right people in all the right places and in addition, he has been buying cars like these for a long, long time. Hell, for fun, he travels around the country and goes to those car auctions and rubs elbows with all the Ford VIP's.

The point is that some people have more experience at this stuff and have been doing this a lot longer than me.

Sorry for the thread diversion, now, carry on. :cheers:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Agreed, I don't know why everyone is so quick to jump to the fact that if has a cage it must have been tracked Hard and put away wet. I'm putting a Cage in mine and as much as I would like to, I don't know how often if ever I'll be able to make it to the track
I know when it comes time to sell the TY R, I will be removing the cage and returning it to standard configuration. Nothing screams more like its been tracked/beat like a roll cage.
Sponsored