Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
New, definitely. But not for $88k. You should be able to find a $5k deal without too much trouble and have it shipped.

A "$5k deal without too much trouble"? I doubt that...

$5K a lot of trouble

$10k most likely
Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
A dark blue 2017 with silver stripes?

My guess is its lightning blue with the matte black stripes?

Dib was discontinued after '16 and it was dark blue (at least to me) and silver stripes were never offered from the factory.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
A dark blue 2017 with silver stripes?

My guess is its lightning blue with the matte black stripes?

Dib was discontinued after '16 and it was dark blue (at least to me) and silver stripes were never offered from the factory.

Thought the same thing, however the black stripes on the R have a silver shine under flash photography.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Stop stirring the pot :paddle:
I know :(
I seen on another forum where they say one of the camoed cars running around is an upgraded 2019 350. I still think its a 427/429 car in addition to a FI GT500.

Trying to read fords mind is useless anymore.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
A "$5k deal without too much trouble"? I doubt that...

$5K a lot of trouble

$10k most likely
My $5k deal was pretty easy, walked in and said no to $15 and got $5 a couple days later.

I think if color is flexible then it's just a matter of finding aged inventory in Ford dealer rich city/town.

Sponsored

czaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manuals and DCT
My $5k deal was pretty easy, walked in and said no to $15 and got $5 a couple days later.

I think if color is flexible then it's just a matter of finding aged inventory in Ford dealer rich city/town.
I agree. I just secured $7k over on an R. I had two dealers near me who I had been talking with the last two weeks call me yesterday. I had communicated to them that I was only willing to pay $5k over on the cars they had (i.e. not the exact color I wanted). They each wanted to know if I was still interested in their R's - clearly indicating they were willing to deal.

Be patient and call around regularly. I regularly searched via the ford inventory tool and then started calling while making a list I and taking notes. Good luck!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Hey there my friends, I have 2 options here that I need to figure out asap:

(1) Used 2017 GT350R with 960 miles for 77K (also has a removable roll cage); the color is dark blue with silver stripes and red accents on the stripes
(2) New 2017 GT350R for 88K, but out of state; the color is black with silver stripes.

Thoughts?
#1 all day for me, assuming the factory warranty transfers to you.

Blue with silver stripes would look great, imo. I will never own a black car, but if I had a black 350 I'd drive it straight to the clear film shop and pay another $6k for a full wrap. The removable roll cage is also a bonus to me, bc why would I own a 350R without going on track - like all the damn time!

Does the warranty transfer? Are there any other options that are different between the two?

Also, 960 miles is nothing. That's like, the engine freeing up at that exact point, lol. Unless the previous owner chain-smoked in it, it will be like brand new.

OP
OP

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I agree. I just secured $7k over on an R. I had two dealers near me who I had been talking with the last two weeks call me yesterday. I had communicated to them that I was only willing to pay $5k over on the cars they had (i.e. not the exact color I wanted). They each wanted to know if I was still interested in their R's - clearly indicating they were willing to deal.

Be patient and call around regularly. I regularly searched via the ford inventory tool and then started calling while making a list I and taking notes. Good luck!
What dealerships?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I have a reliable guy that told me that the Flat Plane Crank motor will not be discontinued after 2018. It's been pretty much assumed that the FPC is not going in the "GT500". So, it is entirely possible. Take it like any other rumor, only time will really tell.
I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I have a reliable guy who knows a guy, who told a guy that then told his bother who I happen to be friends with the cousin of said brother told me that the Flat Plane Crank motor will not be discontinued after 2018. It's been pretty much decided it will go in the upcoming FIESTA RS. Take it like any other rumor, only time will really tell.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Update!

(1) 88K dealership won't budge
(2) 77K dealership went down to $75,500

Thoughts? Lol

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would not buy a used car like this. You don't know how this car was driven.

Look around, I don't see why you couldn't do better.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Update!

(1) 88K dealership won't budge
(2) 77K dealership went down to $75,500

Thoughts? Lol
On car #2 I would suggest that this car has been tracked and to what degree hard to tell?

That being the case what condition is the front splitter, tires, CF wheels, brake pads, rotors and overall condition with respect to paint chips.

If the car was tracked without a PPF I would think that this car might have a fair amount of chips.

Lastly, what kind of provenance does the car come with such as WS or Owners Kit?

Good luck!

:cheers:

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
IF the used one has a cage then it's been tracked, which means the tires are likely pretty far from what 960 mile tires would be on a non tracked car.

Just something to consider.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It only has 980 miles and the cage looks more for show than anything. If they dropped it to 75k I bet you can get it for 73ish which really is not bad at all for the area. A quick inspection of the car will answer those questions quickly
Sponsored