Sponsored

On going 2019 Bullitt Installation Videos

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I wont post this in the main body of this thread but here is a small video discussing the Mach E. Also new gear so better videos to come for you guys!
I appreciate you focusing on the positives, and accepting that the mustang name is Ford"s to use. I do not agree with this, but you are one of the few people openly stating your thoughts from the other side of the fence. Kudos

That being said, I think they are punching at an electric god when they try to take on tesla. To point, less than a week after ford took shots at the model y, tesla releases this:
https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck/design#battery

Its a truck... That can outperform the top teir mach E... Time will tell, if the shelby mustang mach e (THAT JUST SOUNDS WRONG....) will be able to keep up. But even if it is able to keep up, it is keeping up with an electric... TRUCK. While many have scoffed at the cybertruck, it is a very function over form vehicle that will sap away at the fleet sales that keep ford alive. Worse, it will mystify even the most outlandish of performance focused enthusiasts... It is a truck that can gap most (if not all) cars (electric and gas) under 100k. Ford thought Tony Stark would sleep on their challenge... He did not.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
I appreciate you focusing on the positives, and accepting that the mustang name is Ford"s to use. I do not agree with this, but you are one of the few people openly stating your thoughts from the other side of the fence. Kudos

That being said, I think they are punching at an electric god when they try to take on tesla. To point, less than a week after ford took shots at the model y, tesla releases this:
https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck/design#battery

Its a truck... That can outperform the top teir mach E... Time will tell, if the shelby mustang mach e (THAT JUST SOUNDS WRONG....) will be able to keep up. But even if it is able to keep up, it is keeping up with an electric... TRUCK. While many have scoffed at the cybertruck, it is a very function over form vehicle that will sap away at the fleet sales that keep ford alive. Worse, it will mystify even the most outlandish of performance focused enthusiasts... It is a truck that can gap most (if not all) cars (electric and gas) under 100k. Ford thought Tony Stark would sleep on their challenge... He did not.
Yeah it will be interesting but looking from a production point of view Ford has the liquid cash and the infrastructure to outproduce Tesla. Also their truck has the exact same stats as the Mach E GT. 0-60 in the same 3.5 seconds with the same miles per charge (and Tesla has been doing this for a while). Truck vs SUV same thing but one looks better than the other :) :p. Function over form is debatable. Do you see real truck users (ranchers, construction workers, gardeners) will use something this futuristic looking? The current trucks look big mean and beefy this looks like a child picked up a lego set.

The real problem is Tesla delivering on time. Model 3 for example also Model Y might have same issues. The Roadster. Tesla lost their main big designers to other car manufacturers and this is why we have a Truck that looks like that. Yes it might be functional but who knows if it will even get to the market. We are still waiting on Model Y and the Roadster. Also the semi truck. I think Tony stark might have lost it and he will be facing Thanos soon :D

We live in a very interesting time. A transition from gas to electric and competition is very good for the consumer. Hope for the best. GM will have to step in too as California mandate might force them to. I dont see Tesla lasting in the long run. 2024 Ford at $60 per share!

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Yeah it will be interesting but looking from a production point of view Ford has the liquid cash and the infrastructure to outproduce Tesla. Also their truck has the exact same stats as the Mach E GT. 0-60 in the same 3.5 seconds with the same miles per charge (and Tesla has been doing this for a while). Truck vs SUV same thing but one looks better than the other :) :p. Function over form is debatable. Do you see real truck users (ranchers, construction workers, gardeners) will use something this futuristic looking? The current trucks look big mean and beefy this looks like a child picked up a lego set.

The real problem is Tesla delivering on time. Model 3 for example also Model Y might have same issues. The Roadster. Tesla lost their main big designers to other car manufacturers and this is why we have a Truck that looks like that. Yes it might be functional but who knows if it will even get to the market. We are still waiting on Model Y and the Roadster. Also the semi truck. I think Tony stark might have lost it and he will be facing Thanos soon :D

We live in a very interesting time. A transition from gas to electric and competition is very good for the consumer. Hope for the best. GM will have to step in too as California mandate might force them to. I dont see Tesla lasting in the long run. 2024 Ford at $60 per share!
-Tesla's Trimotor is listed as <2.9 seconds. Now this is the number from tesla, but the number from ford is "mid 3 sec" and the specific stats are still in flux on the builder site:
"Targeting 0-60 in under 4 seconds*
Peak Power: Coming Soon kW - *"
-I will agree that the look is a bit avant garde, but I think it works for his target generation (late-mid gen y)
-As for turning ranchers and the like, those will be late adds. Fleet truck sales will be the first to go, but you never know. Eyecatching is one step away from eyecandy. For most small business the intensive of gas savings combined with green marketing will be strong temptation.
-As for the design specifically, I thought this was along the lines of what Musk wanted moreso than what he was left with. I have not seen any reports that say otherwise, but I have done a complete literature review of this vehicle's design.
-As for facing Thanos, Tesla is a young company that is making young company issues (before we look at backhanded methods several states are taking to keep it out of competition with the big 3). That being said, it is a big enough deal to encourage the big three to compete. If it gets bad enough, he can ask for a bailout. This would make Tesla a bit more like the big three (yes I know ford avoided the last one by selling off its child companies).

Overall, the rubber will meet the road in 2021. I look forward to the fireworks and price wars, but a large part of me does not want the mach-e to win this one. If it looked more like an actual mustang and less like an suv, I would root for it a bit more. If it had an suv name, I would root for it a bit more.

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-Tesla's Trimotor is listed as <2.9 seconds. Now this is the number from tesla, but the number from ford is "mid 3 sec" and the specific stats are still in flux on the builder site:
"Targeting 0-60 in under 4 seconds*
Peak Power: Coming Soon kW - *"
-I will agree that the look is a bit avant garde, but I think it works for his target generation (late-mid gen y)
-As for turning ranchers and the like, those will be late adds. Fleet truck sales will be the first to go, but you never know. Eyecatching is one step away from eyecandy. For most small business the intensive of gas savings combined with green marketing will be strong temptation.
-As for the design specifically, I thought this was along the lines of what Musk wanted moreso than what he was left with. I have not seen any reports that say otherwise, but I have done a complete literature review of this vehicle's design.
-As for facing Thanos, Tesla is a young company that is making young company issues (before we look at backhanded methods several states are taking to keep it out of competition with the big 3). That being said, it is a big enough deal to encourage the big three to compete. If it gets bad enough, he can ask for a bailout. This would make Tesla a bit more like the big three (yes I know ford avoided the last one by selling off its child companies).

Overall, the rubber will meet the road in 2021. I look forward to the fireworks and price wars, but a large part of me does not want the mach-e to win this one. If it looked more like an actual mustang and less like an suv, I would root for it a bit more. If it had an suv name, I would root for it a bit more.
Thats fair. I missed the under 2.9 seconds portion when Tesla presented. I thought their truck was 3.5s must go back and look. Its a fun time ahead of us. I am a Ford business model guy vs Tesla. But hey Tesla stock is doing well and is healthy while ford is same old same old. I think they should really have just named it Ford Mach-E and dropped the mustang name but this is generating a lot of social media attention so they might know what they are doing.

One thing I know both companies can improve on is presentation of their new products. I felt like Ford was ran by a bunch of Hobos and Tesla was much worse, at least they were dressed better.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats fair. I missed the under 2.9 seconds portion when Tesla presented. I thought their truck was 3.5s must go back and look. Its a fun time ahead of us. I am a Ford business model guy vs Tesla. But hey Tesla stock is doing well and is healthy while ford is same old same old. I think they should really have just named it Ford Mach-E and dropped the mustang name but this is generating a lot of social media attention so they might know what they are doing.

One thing I know both companies can improve on is presentation of their new products. I felt like Ford was ran by a bunch of Hobos and Tesla was much worse, at least they were dressed better.
Yeah, they both swung and missed that, "look we are just regurlar guys too" vibe. It felt more like, "man, we got to convince these people that these products are readh to shop."

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1k miles later is getting a catch can worth it on a stock car?

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I love about this car!!!!! I am in love!!!

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really like the futures of this car!

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Nice vids. Next u need to dump the plastic coolant expansion tank. IMHO

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New Year new video. Happy New Year to everyone. What do you guys think of this custom Bullitt shift knob. I wish the highland green color in the letters would pop more but it fits the car great!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
New Year new video. Happy New Year to everyone. What do you guys think of this custom Bullitt shift knob. I wish the highland green color in the letters would pop more but it fits the car great!

link for knob pls!! Love it!! Great job!!

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Added Ceratec to the engine in hope to remove a weird tick between 1k and 3k rpm.
Sponsored