Sponsored

OMG why did they do this to my GT?

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Front plate mounting...

My state (MN) strictly enforces mounting of a front plate. The first 2015s I saw were pre-production without plates, later a lot of photos of built units without front plates. Then photos started to show up with 'stow-n-show' type mounts. Plates were low, blocking the center of the lower grill, then on the lower left or lower right. The only ones that looked, to my eyes, well placed were stow mounts that placed the plate right where the factory mount puts it. Finally, quite a few photos have come out with plates on the factory mounts, located in the middle of the central bumper, and no blockage of either grill.
I did not buy my convertible to be a show car and I know it is blasphemy, but I am going to put my front plate on the factory mount.

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir
I've seen the license plate mounting they use at the dealership I'll be purchasing mine from here in Virginia. It seems to be specially made for the Mustang bumper as it's molded to the bumper's contour. Really doesn't look bad at all. But I still might opt for the 'Stow & Show' holder. Time will tell.

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
just wanted to share. I installed my bumper plugs this weekend. Here is a pic. MUCH better than the gaudy holes. Most of the time its hard to even notice these little plugs. They are about the size of a dime so...very tiny. Neat looking..

Ill be getting a sto-n-show next I think.

BumperPlugs.jpg

Sponsored

MSamuels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Mustang
I live in a front plate state. Never had em, never had any problems. Cops always love my cars though ;-) Itd be a cold day in hell before they drilled those holes into my 15s front bumper. You can call that vanity or whatever the heck you want ;-) Thats the way it is.

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
I was definitely not happy about it and would prefer they had not drilled them. However, I can live with it now. Maybe one day when its older and has a bunch of chips..I'll have the car repainted and the bumper fixed/painted.

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir
Stow & Show mounting location.?

For those of you who are mounting the Stow & Show License Plate holders. Are you mounting them in the center, or off to one side (left or right)? And with either position, does it require you to drill holes to mount the unit?

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
For those of you who are mounting the Stow & Show License Plate holders. Are you mounting them in the center, or off to one side (left or right)? And with either position, does it require you to drill holes to mount the unit?
I've got the PP and I mounted my Sto n Sho in the center. It's designed to be off set on the PPs so it took a little DIY. If you search "Sto n Sho" on here you should come across pics I posted and how did the DIY mounting.

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
I've got the PP and I mounted my Sto n Sho in the center. It's designed to be off set on the PPs so it took a little DIY. If you search "Sto n Sho" on here you should come across pics I posted and how did the DIY mounting.
I thought I remembered reading that they now have a certain one for the cars with the PP.....???:shrug:

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
What really gives me a chuckle are the people who tell the dealer they will "refuse delivery" if the plate is screwed in, or even if a dealer sticker is put on.
This, LOL.

If an OEM plate mount is mounted or dealer sticker is in place on my car, well, I think I have a few more important things to worry about in my life.

Of course, I plan on requesting the absence of both when mine arrives, but I'm not going to be a total and utter jackass about it if it's not the case.

Sheesh.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
I thought I remembered reading that they now have a certain one for the cars with the PP.....???:shrug:
Yeah, I ordered the one specifically for the PP but without a bit of DIY, it only lines up on one side of center or the other. I wanted mine in the center, so I had to improvise.

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
Hmm, thats interesting. I think I'll still let them drill it. Like I said, I'm in California so I would probably be arrested and deported for not having a front plate, so I have no intention of ever taking it off.
you are safe, california does not deport anymore. If you get pulled over, just tell them that you are undocumented and you will be free to go.
Sponsored