Sponsored

OMG why did they do this to my GT?

Degen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
With all the excitement of the new car it hadn't occured to me yet. I bought the car in Texas while I was back home for Christmas. I live in Vegas and still have the dealer plates on and we don't have to our front plates on from what I understand. Nobody has em, and then it occurred to me, did they drill my bumper so they could put on this 5$ piece of crap license plate holder that is just holding a plastic advertising of the dealership? Not even a plate. It looks awful with the two holds and it's got frayed metal hanging out. They couldn't just wait, maybe the buyer wants to get a plate holder like the show n go?
What are my options? Will be calling the dealership in the morning.
Sponsored

Last edited:

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did you order the car or just buy it off the lot?

If you ordered it and specified that you did not want the front bumper drilled, I would not have accepted it. I told my dealer no less than 50 times that I did NOT want holes drilled in my front bumper.

You can clean it up. I'm not sure where, but places do sell plugs with the factory colors that you can use. You can still see them, but it's a lot better than two open holes.

arban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Did you order the car or just buy it off the lot?

If you ordered it and specified that you did not want the front bumper drilled, I would not have accepted it. I told my dealer no less than 50 times that I did NOT want holes drilled in my front bumper.

You can clean it up. I'm not sure where, but places do sell plugs with the factory colors that you can use. You can still see them, but it's a lot better than two open holes.

Also to be fair even if the front bumper is not drilled there is still 2 dimples that you can see where you should drill. So the plug idea may not be too bad. Plus as trooper said I told my dealer 50x as well not to drill or I would refuse the car :-)

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
I live in texas and bought off the lot. No plate holder got drilled into the front of mine!

abills3RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I live in NC, but had a car transferred from a dealer in VA (Front plate state, sadly my car was a victim of this as well...)

I drilled out the rivets and ordered a set of painted plugs from here: http://www.bumperplugs.com/
I'll upload a picture tonight, but they match pretty well to my eye.

Sponsored

AG1031

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP
My dealer did this to my Magnetic Ecoboost after constantly telling them NOT to from OCT-DEC. I refused delivery and they swapped the bumper for another from a premium magnetic eb bumper they had on the lot. As Arban said, there are still "dimples" where the holes hould be drilled. It looks so much cleaner without the plate, im glad i complained and glad they fixed it.

AG1031

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP
I live in NC, but had a car transferred from a dealer in VA (Front plate state, sadly my car was a victim of this as well...)

I drilled out the rivets and ordered a set of painted plugs from here: http://www.bumperplugs.com/
I'll upload a picture tonight, but they match pretty well to my eye.

Yea you really got screwed because they dont come drilled in VA, the dealer drilled yours. All the stangs at Sheehy, my VA lot, have dimples. They drill the holes when they have a buyer.

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
I ordered mine through a childhood friend here in SoCal where front plates are required. She called me when the car arrived to let me see it before they prepped it and and before I could say anything she told her lot people that they better not dare drill any holes in my front bumper. Later when I was finishing up the paperwork her sales manager came in and said he had time to put in the dealer installed alarm. She chased him away telling him it has a fine alarm already. She has a 2015 Black GT 50th anniversary package replacing her S196 California Special... Big car girl and a very good friend.

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
Plugs look decent, and may be ok for you. If it happened to my car, as it did on my 03, I would ask the dealer to replace the bumper as someone above said they did. That is what mine did for me. Originally, they had offered the body shop to fill and respray the bumper, but I guess once they found out the cost, the swap was actually cheaper.

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Yea you really got screwed because they dont come drilled in VA, the dealer drilled yours. All the stangs at Sheehy, my VA lot, have dimples. They drill the holes when they have a buyer.
Same here. Maybe my dealership / salesmen are polar opposites to most but they actually asked me first before installing the bracket.

Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
i can understand this pain.. in RI.. front plate is mandatory

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
I'm guessing it is just anectdotal to specific dealers and maybe even just the state of mind (or lack thereof) of the mechanic doing the new car prep, but are most people finding that there 'do not drill' requests are being honored? Or is it very hit and miss?

I like telling the idea of telling the salesman ahead of time that you'll refuse the car if it gets drilled. Is there some kind of printed prep order for each car? If so, THAT might motivate him to at least put the instruction on the prep order for each car IN BOLD CAPS.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
My salesman asked me three times, "You SURE you want us to drill the front license plate?" I'm really happy it's drilled; if it wasn't, the first thing to impact a car backing into it to parallel park would be the hood.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
solution: live in a state where they don't require front plates!
Sponsored