Sponsored

OldPhart finally gets his Bullitt!

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Greetings - K4665 finally arrived a year from when I was placed third on a waiting list...
You guys look great!

Congratulations on the Bullitt. You'll never regret it.
Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Congratulations Bruce! As one old fart to another, we have a similar outlook on our new green toys. As the guilty party who coined the "Dogbowl" term; well, I'm glad you like it and the 'Merry Christmas' red calipers! Vive la différence !

I drove my Bullitt 1,293 miles yesterday, from NW Montana to sunny SoCal to replace the Ford rear caliper with a set of Brembos, and make 'em all Nardo Gray with Brembo logos in black. I was stopped once by the Idaho State Patrol, but talked my way out of 1) jail and 2) a very expensive ticket...the officer was another old fart who was charmed by Kermit. Enjoy your new ride in good health.

Glad you got home safely. Did you stop for wine?

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
Glad you got home safely. Did you stop for wine?
No, not enough room in the Bullitt's"boot" for the amount of wine we'll consume this summer:) The Bullitt will remain in OC the rest of the year; hitching a ride back to MT in a Piaggio Avanti and will make another trip down in the pick-up truck for wine and other rare commodities. Will be sure to give you a shout as we move towards SLO/Paso/Cambria. I tried to get the Avanti owner to make a stop in SLO but no joy.

Piaggio-Aero-P.-180-Avanti-II-1.jpg

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
No, not enough room in the Bullitt's"boot" for the amount of wine we'll consume this summer:) The Bullitt will remain in OC the rest of the year; hitching a ride back to MT in a Piaggio Avanti and will make another trip down in the pick-up truck for wine and other rare commodities. Will be sure to give you a shout as we move towards SLO/Paso/Cambria. I tried to get the Avanti owner to make a stop in SLO but no joy.

Not a bad way to get home.

Definitely let us know. We don't travel much. Why would we? :sun:

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
Maybe I just got a particularly heinous clutch in my 2015 GT, because the clutch in my Bullitt is silky by comparison... :D

Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

Avanti's are beautiful, but noisy as hell. I had a job on the 11th floor of a 'skyscraper' in San Jose with a clear view of approach to 30; you could hear the Piaggio's coming 20 miles away on approach to SJC.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Maybe I just got a particularly heinous clutch in my 2015 GT, because the clutch in my Bullitt is silky by comparison... :D
O/T, but does anybody really know what kind of clutch the Bullitts/GTs have? I always assumed the clutch in my '09 Bullitt was hydraulic, and assumed the same for my '19. Now, I've been reading about people replacing the 'clutch cable' as well as the spring; a hydraulic clutch shouldn't need neither. I have a '67 Austin-Healey 3000 with a hydraulic clutch; there's a master hydraulic cylinder and a slave hydraulic cylinder, the only spring is the diaphragm (and it's plenty of spring). Why would a hydraulic clutch need a spring?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Bruce. Welcome to the “Old Timers Club”... yes these cars are a blast!! FYI...I’m a Mod kinda guy so I do things!! So, ya..different !! Your comment... Baby Boomer generations are likely to say “Steve who?” is incorrect...we are the Baby Boomers then there was Gen-X and now the Millennials !! So today’s youth don’t know!! Just have fun and drive it like ya stole it!! I also have been sitting on the fence since March 2018....then like you, said the hell with it...and pulled the trigger!! Enjoy! Actually you look pretty young to me! My only automitic I ever owned was a 2012 BMW 6 Coupe...got tired of it so...back to a stick with a 2015 Mustang!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
OldPhart

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Bruce. Welcome to the “Old Timers Club”... yes these cars are a blast!! FYI...I’m a Mod kinda guy so I do things!! So, ya..different !! Your comment... Baby Boomer generations are likely to say “Steve who?” is incorrect...we are the Baby Boomers then there was Gen-X and now the Millennials !! So today’s youth don’t know!! Just have fun and drive it like ya stole it!! I also have been sitting on the fence since March 2018....then like you, said the hell with it...and pulled the trigger!! Enjoy! Actually you look pretty young to me! My only automitic I ever owned was a 2012 BMW 6 Coupe...got tired of it so...back to a stick with a 2015 Mustang!!
Thanks for the reply. Just a minor point, but I think I wrote “ post Baby Boomers” so perhaps some of the following generation. The youngest of the Baby Boomers would turn 20 in 1984 and I think McQueen died just a few years after that... Bruce

Idris1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
corvette
Just wanted to chime in. turned 70 in Feb. Have owned 2 corvettes, C6 & C7 Just had to try the Bullitt. I piddled around for a few months and my wife finally said "Fish or Cut Bait" I'm tired of hearing about this Mustang. What a car! It's like knee replacement,(which I have had a couple) wish I would have done it sooner! I would send pic's but what's the point, they all look the same. Great Car, don't miss my Corvettes at all.

OP
OP
OldPhart

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Just wanted to chime in. turned 70 in Feb. Have owned 2 corvettes, C6 & C7 Just had to try the Bullitt. I piddled around for a few months and my wife finally said "Fish or Cut Bait" I'm tired of hearing about this Mustang. What a car! It's like knee replacement,(which I have had a couple) wish I would have done it sooner! I would send pic's but what's the point, they all look the same. Great Car, don't miss my Corvettes at all.
Thanks, it does help when the wife is supportive. My Vette was a ‘92 and while I enjoyed driving it, getting in and out of it with its sports seats was getting uncomfortable, thus the non-Recaros this time around. I find a lot of similarities in the handling. The newer series Vettes definitely have some advantages over mine, but I’m enjoying the Bullitt. I think one had to be around our age to appreciate how important comfort can be. I personally consider the memory seat feature to be the cat’s meow. Old men rule, right? Bruce

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
Congrats Bruce!

I think we need an 'OldPharts' contest; I'm 65 (66 next month); who's got me beat?

ps. Nancy's a keeper :wink:
I'm 68 and counting, but according to the Mrs still act like a little boy with his toys. I've just finished hot-rodding our brand new, less than 50 hour Polaris Ranger with cams, ECU, clutch. suspension, ...:crackup:
Sponsored