OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Let us know how the transaction goes. I am curious as to how they pay for the car. I am thinking about selling my 2013 to them.
Ok. It’s finally sold check in hand. Showed up, signed a few forms, done. Only kink in the plan is they held back $1,000 until they get the title. Once they get the title I can go get another check for $1,000.
They said I could have a check sent via FedEx but their location in HTX is only a few minutes from the house.
Sponsored

Last edited:

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Vroom offered us STUPID MONEY FOR OUR 'LITT.
Carvana @ LEAST gives you a check actual pickup. VROOM says they mail it in pickup day.
I said I'd bring it to Tx myself.
They said NO, due to milage increasing.
I told them I have an enclosed Race car hauler. and will only put enuff miles to LOAD & UNLOAD.

They then said if I showed up in person w/car, they would have to Re-value the car, in person, vs the EXTREMELY high offer blvia internet, site unseenn..
if I showed up with it in person, after they appraisedour car in person,
I may not get the same OFFER AS THE SITE UNSEEN PRICE.
They may be legit, but to many red flags for us. Changing the rules if we show up in person for drip off and a check in hand.
I'm guessing they try to find blemishes & minor issues and use the Hold back cash to beat you up just enuff that you still take the offer.
There Reviews are horrible. Yes, 2 sides to every story. & I'm sure a lot of average car owners lie about the cars condition or embellish.
Our M6G cars are usually impeccable, so we probably wont have to many issues. But the door is left open for them to have your car either sold or in another state in most cases when you get less than agreed upon and fine print in contract says something to the effect that the final value is up to there appraisal teams discretion based upon ur car and there opinion of it.

HOPEFULLY the reviews are people trying to UNLOAD there junk and not honest sellers considered strongly selling my Litt for nearly $10k profit to Vroom, and waiting on an MSRP GT500. My wife used every rule & proverb Ive told her, regarding car buying and selling, as she believes it's a to good to be true sorta deal.

Good luck to anyone who ships off there car without payment and a 100% iron clad guarantee of your full purchase agreement amt from Vroom.
Regards,

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Give me the VIN guy said from the volume of cars they are taking in because the used market is nuts right now, the market likely just peaked for used prices. The volume of used cars is substantial he said. They bought 42 cars at the HTX location today alone. They sent 1,400 cars to auction last week company wide.
He definitely feels prices are about to go back down but who really knows. Until the big 3 start cranking out cars again it’s anybodies guess.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vroom offered us STUPID MONEY FOR OUR 'LITT.
Carvana @ LEAST gives you a check actual pickup. VROOM says they mail it in pickup day.
I said I'd bring it to Tx myself.
They said NO, due to milage increasing.
I told them I have an enclosed Race car hauler. and will only put enuff miles to LOAD & UNLOAD.

They then said if I showed up in person w/car, they would have to Re-value the car, in person, vs the EXTREMELY high offer blvia internet, site unseenn..
if I showed up with it in person, after they appraisedour car in person,
I may not get the same OFFER AS THE SITE UNSEEN PRICE.
They may be legit, but to many red flags for us. Changing the rules if we show up in person for drip off and a check in hand.
I'm guessing they try to find blemishes & minor issues and use the Hold back cash to beat you up just enuff that you still take the offer.
There Reviews are horrible. Yes, 2 sides to every story. & I'm sure a lot of average car owners lie about the cars condition or embellish.
Our M6G cars are usually impeccable, so we probably wont have to many issues. But the door is left open for them to have your car either sold or in another state in most cases when you get less than agreed upon and fine print in contract says something to the effect that the final value is up to there appraisal teams discretion based upon ur car and there opinion of it.

HOPEFULLY the reviews are people trying to UNLOAD there junk and not honest sellers considered strongly selling my Litt for nearly $10k profit to Vroom, and waiting on an MSRP GT500. My wife used every rule & proverb Ive told her, regarding car buying and selling, as she believes it's a to good to be true sorta deal.

Good luck to anyone who ships off there car without payment and a 100% iron clad guarantee of your full purchase agreement amt from Vroom.
Regards,
I’ve heard nothing good about Vroom since they bought out Texas Direct. Texas Direct was great to deal with. I sold several cars to them at the Stafford TX location. Stafford is surrounded by HTX so it’s really HTX. Always had a check in hand within an hour or two as long as they were able to verify title and loan payoff if there was one.
No hold back either. Paid in full.
Sponsored