Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
First let me preface, yes I used search and it’s always been a pain trying to find exactly what you’re looking for unless you word it exactly as posted.
That being said, I’m in the market for a GT500 and my local dealer has an unspent allocation so I’m going in tomorrow to talk business.
Here’s my question, I don’t plan on tracking but can I get the Handling package individually? I really only want the wickers and catch can but I cannot find them on Ford Performance or Levittown.
Secondly, I’m torn between three colors, FP Blue, Rapid Red, and Shadow Black. Is Rapid Red similar to Ruby Red? My dealer doesn’t have that color in stock for me to look at in person. I had a ‘16 GT in Ruby and loved that color. Black OTT stripes on it looks sick. Ive also been a fan of Shadow Black and I’d have a local vinyl installer do matte black OTT stripes with red accent like the 350R had.
Thanks in advance for not burying me, I’ve been daydreaming of the GT500 ever since it was announced and now I’m financially sound to afford it!
Sponsored

Last edited:

GRStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max, 2021 Mustang GT500
My Rapid Red, no stripes, will be delivered anytime now. I’ll be posting pics on the 2021 orders thread. Possibly as early as tomorrow. I’m not sure about ordering the track pack pieces as stand alone items.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
First let me preface, yes I used search and it’s always been a pain trying to find exactly what you’re looking for unless you word it exactly as posted.
That being said, I’m in the market for a GT500 and my local dealer has an unspent allocation so I’m going in tomorrow to talk business.
Here’s my question, I don’t plan on tracking but can I get the track pack package individually? I really only want the wickers and catch can but I cannot find them on Ford Performance or Levittown.
Secondly, I’m torn between three colors, FP Blue, Rapid Red, and Shadow Black. Is Rapid Red similar to Ruby Red? My dealer doesn’t have that color in stock for me to look at in person. I had a ‘16 GT in Ruby and loved that color. Black OTT stripes on it looks sick. Ive also been a fan of Shadow Black and I’d have a local vinyl installer do matte black OTT stripes with red accent like the 350R had.
Thanks in advance for not burying me, I’ve been daydreaming of the GT500 ever since it was announced and now I’m financially sound to afford it!
Rapid red has replaced Ruby red, and is very close. Black is black and to me is the one thing in life that does not fall into “once you go black, you can’t go back”. To me once you go black (paint) you won’t go back. Your down to the two best colors in my opinion. For me FPB won, good luck on your decision as only you know how that will turn out.

You can get splitters and wicker bill later, you don’t have to spend 18K and get the CFTP to get them.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Here’s my question, I don’t plan on tracking but can I get the Handling package individually? I really only want the wickers and catch can but I cannot find them on Ford Performance or Levittown.
The wickers are available as a service part and the catch can is offered by FP as well as vendors that carry their hardware.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-A52

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Only the GT500 comes with the cast aluminum covers. Even Base, non-HP or CFTP cars will have the same covers and they all came with a plug that gets removed for the return fitting. Long story short, you won't need the covers and would be good to go as-is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Only the GT500 comes with the cast aluminum covers. Even Base, non-HP or CFTP cars will have the same covers and they all came with a plug that gets removed for the return fitting. Long story short, you won't need the covers and would be good to go as-is.
Good info, thanks for sharing cause I doubt I'd even figure that out talking to a dealer lol

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
color is on you
handling package i would skip, as the pieces you want will be available individually, and the OEM oil catchcan is junk compared to what is actually needed, so get a UPR can.

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
color is on you
handling package i would skip, as the pieces you want will be available individually, and the OEM oil catchcan is junk compared to what is actually needed, so get a UPR can.
Damn, I assumed the engineers would’ve designed something to work with their potent engine. Thanks for the info!