Sponsored

OK GUYS! Best Looking Color Wheel on a Race RED Mustang / Shelby ? ? ? ? What is it ? ? ? ?

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Getting a New Race Red. Going with White Stripes and black pinstripes on a GT500.

Going with a Monoblock Wheel or maybe a 3 piece.

Silver Brushed wheels?

Black Chrome?

I have Gloss Black now and they are a pain in the Ass to keep clean. Maybe matt or semi gloss Black?

Love to hear what you guys think and why.

Any photos are great as well.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Getting a New Race Red. Going with White Stripes and black pinstripes on a GT500.

Going with a Monoblock Wheel or maybe a 3 piece.

Silver Brushed wheels?

Black Chrome?

I have Gloss Black now and they are a pain in the Ass to keep clean. Maybe matt or semi gloss Black?

Love to hear what you guys think and why.

Any photos are great as well.
So, this is what you're getting? These are the wheels?
1624112774956.png

You're getting the car, and immediately changing the wheels? Because they're "a pain in the Ass to keep clean"???

You really think those wheels are hard to keep clean???? Because I assure you friend, as someone that's really into easy-to-clean wheels, and recently bought wheels specifically due to cleaning difficulties, those are not difficult to clean wheels.

These are hard-to-clean wheels;

1624113000230.png

AfricanSnowOwl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I feel like 80% of all mustangs, or any sports car, has black wheels. I'd say brushed silver or white.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing goes with red other than black.

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So, this is what you're getting? These are the wheels?
1624112774956.png

You're getting the car, and immediately changing the wheels? Because they're "a pain in the Ass to keep clean"???

You really think those wheels are hard to keep clean???? Because I assure you friend, as someone that's really into easy-to-clean wheels, and recently bought wheels specifically due to cleaning difficulties, those are not difficult to clean wheels.

These are hard-to-clean wheels;

1624113000230.png

Not changing the stock wheels just do to keeping clean. I just change the stock wheels on all my cars for a better look. So I'm that why I'm open on colors and finish

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Not changing the stock wheels just do to keeping clean. I just change the stock wheels on all my cars for a better look. So I'm that why I'm open on colors and finish
Well....then......that's completely subjective. No one else can tell you what you like.

the.constant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vinny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Your primary, secondary, and tertiary colors are: red, white, and black.

Adding chrome/silver would make a 4th color that would actually overpower the 3rd color given it's at the wheels. Chrome also collides with white as they're very close in color. A 4th color clouds the the schema without any additional help from a graphic.

Black is already in your color wheel. It's the only color that makes sense here.

Mobotoy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red w/white Stripes, CFTP
Completely subjective topic ... here is my story: New 2020 CFTP Rapid Red w/white painted stripe is showing up TODAY (on trailer from california dealer to washington state). I found out Ford Parts wants $35K for a set of 4 exposed carbon fiber wheels (I have the invoice). I will track the car, but for the rest of the time I dont want risking those 10K wheels on a $1 pothole, so I needed "trash wheels". I decided I liked the look, not alot of details to clean, and guaranteed offset fit of the OEMs so I chose to go that route. I found this site: https://www.thewheelexchange.com/search?q=gt500&options[prefix]=last that offers 4 OEM wheels WITH RUBBER for $3100. That is $2000 less than ford wants for just 4 OEM painted wheels. How? these are wheels scratched in shipping to ford, they sell them to these guys who blast and repaint / chrome them. I talked to the guy and it is legit, I have 4 tires on the way now. I assume they could do any color you like given their business model.
Now to your question: I chose BLACK CHROME because: 1. its different than OEM, 2. it give a cool subtle color changing effect (kinda like pearl paint), 3. It is slightly tougher than the gloss paint since the final treatment is a tank dip (better adhesion at the microscopic level), and 4. most importantly they will reflect the RED Brembos off the chrome more than gloss paint, which we all know will shave 0.2 seconds off 1/4 mile times if and ONLY IF your car is also Red.
I really think any choice you make will look great, just remember this car looks awesome just sitting up on blocks. Be safe out there :)

Mobotoy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
I FORGOT ... I also learned the Carbon Fiber wheels are 1/4" THICKER than the aluminum. I had to buy some spacer plates ($50 on Amazon) to do the swap (my studs are too long). If any of you want to go from ALUMINUM wheels to CARBON FIBER you MUST replace all the studs with longer studs (which I heard cost $600 from Ford). And now you know the rest of the story ... for now.

Sponsored

Mobotoy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
Final thought ... cleaning the wheels is a fact of life no matter what color the rim is. Brake dust is dirty. You can fix this with your wallet 2 ways: 1. Hire a detailer (or the neighbor kid) to clean your wheels, or 2. Go with ceramic brakes (big $$$, but little dust). I am super cheap and clean them myself or just dont look at my wheels on those days that I didnt clean them. Drive On....

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Final thought ... cleaning the wheels is a fact of life no matter what color the rim is. Brake dust is dirty. You can fix this with your wallet 2 ways: 1. Hire a detailer (or the neighbor kid) to clean your wheels, or 2. Go with ceramic brakes (big $$$, but little dust). I am super cheap and clean them myself or just dont look at my wheels on those days that I didnt clean them. Drive On....
I think it’s not so much cleaning the wheels. But you get swirls in the high gloss black just like any black car from cleaning. So that’s what really bothers me is the imperfections from clean more than the actual cleaning